Non Chai Visa Run

Hi, do i need passport pics for the Laos side on doing a straight in & straight back to Thailand visa run on my thai 6 month tourist visa? & are there any other snags i should know about? I'm british with 3 days left & 1 trip left on my 6 month multi trip tourist visa. thanks...

:Lao visa is less expensive if you pay in U.S. dollars, more expensive in Bhat. ie: for Canadian passport holder $42.00 U.S or 1,800 Bhat. The $42 U.S is the equivalent of about 1,200 Bhat, so quite a difference. They want the U.S. currency.

Canadians pay more because they do not support or fund the Lao govenment, being Communist.

I have seen people get the Lao visa without a photo, but it is necessary.

Just a update on my visa run, I got to Friendship Bridge at 7.30 AM this morning, there was hardly anyone there, got stamped out of Thailand, did'nt catch the bus over the bridge just walked across the road, filled in a Thai arrival form & got stamped straight back in for 60 days with no problems so did'nt need to go to Laos at all, very impressed, the whole thing took no more than 10 minutes before I was back on my motorbike to Non Khai...

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Thaivisa Connect App

Agree with Lite Beer. Somebody at immigration must of been half asleep not to of noticed that you had not entered and returned from Laos.

Good luck when you leave again or try to get an extension when your invalid entry stamp runs out.

• 5 months later...

Update, well I managed to get a extension & left the Country without a problem, but I won't be doing the same again as it's really not worth the worry about weather they notice or not, Better to go to Vientiane & stock up with some cheap wine, come back & not have to worry about the possible problems. BTW does anyone know how much wine you can bring back to Thailand from Laos or Cambodia?

FYI, don't have to go all the way into Vientiane, altho if you've gone as far as passing Lao Immigration, might as well head into town for a looksee and lunch, along with a Beer Lao or three. Cost baht 200-300 for a taxi.

If you don't want to do Vientiane, after passing through Lao Immigration, just keep walking another few meters, pass out of the immediate area, turn left, turn left again, and that's the Lao Departure area, stamp out, and catch a van back to Nong Khai. All very quick and easy.

Wine, booze? One (1) liter. Cigs, one (1) carton.

Mac

• Like 1