Bar Girl Allegedly ‘added Injury To Insult’

george

Bar girl allegedly ‘added injury to insult’

KARON: -- Chalong Police are on the lookout for a bar hostess named “Poo” who broke the heart of a Swedish tourist – then added injury to insult by smashing a beer bottle over his head on New Year’s Eve.

Report of the incident was made by the victim not long after the attack, which occurred at around 1:30 am on January 1.

Swede Peter Kawe, 43, told police that he came to Phuket as a tourist late last year and had rented an apartment in Karon. He fell deeply in love with “Poo” – real name not reported – with the understanding that she was single and childless, he told police.

As patrons of the Seven Beer Bar celebrated the arrival of 2006, one of Poo’s friends told the Swede that not only was the object of his affection already married – but that she also had a child to support.

When the Swede confronted Poo to ask if this was true, she smashed a beer bottle over his head and hurled the broken remains at him, he said.

Covered with his own blood, the Swede continued to demand an explanation from Poo about why she had lied to him.

He only left the bar after Poo chased him out with a fruit knife, trying to stab him, he told police.

Pol Lt Col Anek Mongkol of the Chalong Police Station told the Gazette that if Poo could be found she would be arrested and charged with assault.

--Phuket Gazette 2006-01-03

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i don't know which stupefies me more; the endless parade of idiot foreigners here who get themselves involved like this with low-life prostitutes, or the larger picture of how much the economy of this country is BUILT on prostitution. it truly BOGGLES the mind...

TIT

Whatever the reason that people come to Thailand they must remember that, whilst pretty well all Thai's smile as brilliantly as the sun coming up on the horizon, that the average Thai is the most violent of persons, with a very low threshold before they explode violently.

When you accept that you have a slim chance of survival. :o

TIT

Whatever the reason that people come to Thailand they must remember that, whilst pretty well all Thai's smile as brilliantly as the sun coming up on the horizon, that the average Thai is the most violent of persons, with a very low threshold before they explode violently.

When you accept that you have a slim chance of survival.  :D

im getting scared im going back to the philippines , these women are crazy . Im sure the swede did nothing . :o

TIT

When you accept that you have a slim chance of survival.  :o

I beggar to disagree - as long as you can BAHTer you'll be fine. Personally I'm bored by farang hard luck stories with puyying-haa-gin !

well when all is said and done one must realize the type of person they are dealing with - this usually means dealing with people in a sober state - wake up people, never get involved with a bar girl period. Bar girls are in the bars for a reason, and honestly is NOT one of those reasons folks - wake the hel_l UP!

On the other side of the coin, there are many many MANY FINE BEAUTIFUL KIND SEXY and GOOD thai women that are not in bars but are available to meet and greet and have 'good' fun and relations with.

These are the ones to know,

:o

Do not judge all girls working in bars, maybe family send them to work because situation home. Not all of them choose by them self. We western people makes them be like her! Treat them nice and you got a lot back. :D Me also swede but do not ask to much of their background.

:D My girl she pays when we go out and she is proud to be doing that! She also paid fine for motorbike because i treat her like a woman. But if she sees me sitting in a girly-bar i think she do like POM :o But then i dig my own grave.... Now we will soon be married to each other :D Even if she started in a bar! ฉันรักเธอ หน่อย

Edited by nevyn2005

well when all is said and done one must realize the type of person they are dealing with - this usually means dealing with people in a sober state - wake up people, never get involved with a bar girl period. Bar girls are in the bars for a reason, and honestly is NOT one of those reasons folks - wake the hel_l UP!

On the other side of the coin, there are many many MANY FINE BEAUTIFUL KIND SEXY and GOOD thai women that are not in bars but are available to meet and greet and have 'good' fun and relations with.

Yes my friend as long as you have plenty of Baht in yer pocket - I was naive now I'm less naive as Elvis once said.

Do not judge all girls working in bars, maybe family send them to work because situation home. Not all of them choose by them self. We western people makes them be like her! Treat them nice and you got a lot back.  :o Me also swede but not ask to much of their background.

I do actually prefer parsnips to swedes - you've confirmed that with your diatribe - but thanks for the advice next time I rent a bargirl I won't ask too much of their background - oh dear.

Do not judge all girls working in bars, maybe family send them to work because situation home. Not all of them choose by them self. We western people makes them be like her! Treat them nice and you got a lot back.   :D Me also swede but not ask to much of their background.

I do actually prefer parsnips to swedes - you've confirmed that with your diatribe - but thanks for the advice next time I rent a bargirl I won't ask too much of their background - oh dear.

:D I had to write more about my own situation, me never again goes to a bar-girl....without some :o -ok

Strange how these topics bring out the "newbies" with under 10 posts :o  (and they all seem to know whats what regarding "bargirls" :D
Do not judge all girls working in bars

Read the above and learn.

maybe new to this forum but internet is not the only way to learn! Go get real in the real world then you not need to be internet-forum-expert :D

Strange how these topics bring out the "newbies" with under 10 posts :o  (and they all seem to know whats what regarding "bargirls" :D

maybe new to this forum but internet is not the only way to learn! Go get real in the real world then you not need to be internet-forum-expert :D

Look at my location nevyn... I'm here already.

I was actually having a go at the posters that had a go at you :D

Edited by davethailand

Strange how these topics bring out the "newbies" with under 10 posts :D  (and they all seem to know whats what regarding "bargirls" :D

ok, sorry must have missed that :o

Strange how these topics bring out the "newbies" with under 10 posts :D  (and they all seem to know whats what regarding "bargirls" :D

ok, sorry must have missed that :o

No probs :D

Oh dear... I've got less than 10 posts to my name?!!!

:D

Most people will know who and what I mean. :D

And what reason is that you naive little fool

If i understand you right you judge every woman working in a bar for their family, like bad meat? I think you have to talk with a bar-girl and ask her why she do it. Most of the girls comes from poor parts of Thailand like the girls you say is better then them. My girlfriend had to go work in bar before she and i met, please understand the poor people in Thailand! They are proud and they are in many ways better then we are (Farangs) because some men goes only to thailand for easy sex!! Treat every Thai-woman with respect even if they working in a bar.

never get involved with a bar girl period.

Generally good advice I'd say. If you do at least be realistic about what what you're getting involved in. I don't buy the prevailing notion here that most bar girls are rotten to the core (though plenty are), or that they are prone to violence (small minority). The heavy drinkers seem to be the really crazy ones (what a suprize, goes with the guys too) Bar girls are fine if you want to have a kept women for a while.

Bar girls are in the bars for a reason, and honestly is NOT one of those reasons folks - wake the hel_l UP!

Biggest reason: Single motherhood with no decent means of support. This poo may or may not have had a husbund. If so, fantastic odds he's an alcoholic deadbeat, and poo would love to ditch him but is not in a position to.

This is not in itself a cause of lying. I belive bar girls are reasonably honest with me, but then I don't come off as a sucker who's going fall in love with them, or go back to my country and send them money. Maybe speaking fluent thai helps too. As far as I know, I have never had a girl lie to me about having a child (most do). IMO the guys that get lied to are the guys that lie to themselves about who these girls are, and want to be lied to, in some way, by the girls.

If it's not single motherhood, it's family debt, often at usurious interest rates, or they enjoy the bar girl-lifestyle (partying & lots of $) The later two are more likely to be really rotten IMO.

But they all become bar girls looking for a meal-ticket, and that's most likeley what you will remain for the duration of your relationship with a bar-girl.

never get involved with a bar girl period.

Generally good advice I'd say. If you do at least be realistic about what what you're getting involved in. I don't buy the prevailing notion here that most bar girls are rotten to the core (though plenty are), or that they are prone to violence (small minority). The heavy drinkers seem to be the really crazy ones (what a suprize, goes with the guys too) Bar girls are fine if you want to have a kept women for a while.

Bar girls are in the bars for a reason, and honestly is NOT one of those reasons folks - wake the hel_l UP!

Biggest reason: Single motherhood with no decent means of support. This poo may or may not have had a husbund. If so, fantastic odds he's an alcoholic deadbeat, and poo would love to ditch him but is not in a position to.

This is not in itself a cause of lying. I belive bar girls are reasonably honest with me, but then I don't come off as a sucker who's going fall in love with them, or go back to my country and send them money. Maybe speaking fluent thai helps too. As far as I know, I have never had a girl lie to me about having a child (most do). IMO the guys that get lied to are the guys that lie to themselves about who these girls are, and want to be lied to, in some way, by the girls.

If it's not single motherhood, it's family debt, often at usurious interest rates, or they enjoy the bar girl-lifestyle (partying & lots of $) The later two are more likely to be really rotten IMO.

But they all become bar girls looking for a meal-ticket, and that's most likeley what you will remain for the duration of your relationship with a bar-girl.

I agree but there are a few newbies working in bars and if you are lucky to find one there is no problem... However who know :o

If i understand you right you judge every woman working in a bar for their family, like bad meat? I think you have to talk with a bar-girl and ask her why she do it. Most of the girls comes from poor parts of Thailand like the girls you say is better then them. My girlfriend had to go work in bar before she and i met, please understand the poor people in Thailand! They are proud and they are in many ways better then we are (Farangs) because some men goes only to thailand for easy sex!! Treat every Thai-woman with respect even if they working in a bar.

::D The bottom line is that we should all treat each other with respect, we're all members of the human race. But the reality of life is not ideal, and for so many reasons (i.e., social, political, economic & geographical, to name just a few), life can be harsh, and life can be wonderful. Those magic moments also don't last very long. Life is good, bad, right, left, up, down, night & day. Always try to understand each other before taking action, and we should never judge each other....When things like this happen, we should look at the pain that both are feeling, the pain of that familes are feeling...........and maybe we should question the type of society we live in, and whether are leaders are doing what is best for all members of society.......... Think of Peaceful thoughts, and give Love..