Quality Meat

Pdavies99

Just a few enquiries:

I shop at was Carrefour (Now B..C Extra) and in general find what they sell as fairly good.

However over the past 12 months I have found the pork, in particular the uncooked ribs to be very tough and frankly not much taste...I put it down to my poor cooking skills.

The other day I bought some ribs at F...dland and they were really good.

So the question is: Do others think the same and where would you recommend for fresh meats at a fair price please?

(I am unsure if I am allowed to name shops)

I buy my ground pork at the local market in Jomtien - soi 7. It is 50% less fat than Tesco and in a covered refrigerated case to keep the fly shit off it. Most other meat like pork loin and chicken I get at Tesco. Macro has a pretty good selection of meats.. I especially like their bacon.

Well...to follow up, I guess Big C must have been told of my forum comments, as I received a call this afternoon, (In English) apologising for the Pork and that they will see what problems they may have!! Nice to see a response from them, even if nothing happens!

Interesting as I used to buy the ribs at Big C north(2nd Road) and found them to be fairly good, better than Tescos.

Bought the same a week or so ago at Big C Extra( ex Carrefour) and was also disappointed.

Maybe unlucky.

Wifey loves the pork ribs at Foodland. Makro has some OK beef. There seems to be a good store near Foodland that has top quality beef, but a bit expensive for me. I get my steak fix when I head home 2x/year. Here is just too expensive for what you get.

Wifey loves the pork ribs at Foodland. Makro has some OK beef. There seems to be a good store near Foodland that has top quality beef, but a bit expensive for me. I get my steak fix when I head home 2x/year. Here is just too expensive for what you get.

I tried the shop near Foodland once and was not much impressed. The meat was indeed expensive and not very good.