British Teacher In A Coma After Brutal Assault In Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fund raiser at the hilton confuses me because that's not an inexpensive venue to rent.

Just maybe the Hilton gave very subsidised costs! I would have thought better to have it in an attractive venue than in some dump which wouldnt be much incentive for a night out.

Pattaya is now a dangerous place. You must be very careful.

Barry

no its not

I agree with you. Pattaya is no more dangerous than an awful lot of other places in the world that I have lived-in, and probaably more so than the UK.

However, I still find this news report pretty shocking and hope he manages to recover from his 2nd coma sad.png

Find it hard to understand why a teacher at an international school in Thailand would have many enemies ?????

Agreed, no more dangerous then many cities in the USA.
  • Like 1

Pattaya is now a dangerous place. You must be very careful.

Barry

I sat at the police station just the other day for over 8hrs while the officer at hand avoided me like the plague. But he gave the Thai guy all the consideration in the world even though with in 15min of waiting for the Officer in charge, the Thai kid and all his friends left. 3 hrs later when the police officer came back he asked where is the Thai kid " we said he left along time ago" officer "Mai bin rai". he made us wait for that thai man. 2 hours later we were told we could leave...... we started home whe we got a phone call they said you must come back other side on the way.. Took Thai guy in his office for over an hour and a half listened to his story, then actually left the building to find another witness for him. ...my witnesses waited at the sight over two hours for police to show up and ask questions, they wouldn't talk to them..they said later later, At the end of the day without even speaking to me about my side of the story, he said come back next week, if you have witness you can come next week I asked why don't you call or go see him, he said....no, you must bring them here, <deleted>? I don't know what to do but I am finding that this country is not for us. If you want a Thai wife, come and get one, then take her back to to your country but don't stay here, don't spend money here. sorry I know this isn't very good to talk about this here but I can't seem to figure out how to start a new post....if you know please let me know...just not my week.

Edited by oops

Most of costs on Thursday at the Hilton were sponsored. Over 600,000 baht was raised and Adam is due to fly back to England tomorrow.

Brilliant and nice to know.

Thanks. We are Leeds. oh and for parents Thorner.

This happened to a English teacher friend in Bangkok some years back. Beaten by taxi drivers armed with iron bars after he got angry at them for offering him young (I'm guessing underage) prostitutes.

Smashed hip, skull caved in, he was in hospital for months.

This happened to a English teacher friend in Bangkok some years back. Beaten by taxi drivers armed with iron bars after he got angry at them for offering him young (I'm guessing underage) prostitutes.

Smashed hip, skull caved in, he was in hospital for months.

Sorry to hear about that, but seriously, the first thing most of us learn about Thailand is NOT to get angry with locals.

Still good advice, especially with such as taxi drivers. Best to just walk away.

good news Adam is back in the UK in Leeds General Infirmary.

quote from support of Adam Pickles facebook page -

"Hi everyone! Great news! The flight went really well and Adam is back on English turf! I went to meet Andrew and Adele at the airport who were exhausted but absolutely delighted to be back! Even saw the man himself briefly before the ambulance took him to the LGI! They had sedated him a little for the journey but the medical team were amazing and are really pleased with how the trip went. He's gonna now get settled into being back in Leeds! What a relief :-) smiles all round xxxxxxxx"

I don't suppose we will ever know what really happened here but I hope he gets better soon.

Good luck to him and his family after such a terrible ordeal.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently the person responsible for Adam's demise has been arrested and is being held in Pattaya just now.

This article details the circumstances around his arrest and he is expected to be in court on Monday morning.

Allegedly the incident occurred near ‘Paradise Bar’ in Soi Khao Noi.

As for Adam's condition he is supposedly showing signs of slight movement but has an infection near his wounds which is a cause for concern for his doctors in the UK. Today is the largest push for donations and requests for support and is dubbed 'PickleAID day' by supporters.

A massive thank you to the many, many people from Pattaya and beyond for their assistance up to this point - it's been remarkable to see such positivity and union from across our communities.

Here's the PickleAID Facebook page for details of events and for ways to donate should you see fit.

Please, please let others know through your social networks and let's hope that Adam gets well and that justice prevails.

Seems the local police did a good job with this one. I'm guessing they knew who the suspect was right away but kept it quiet as they knew he left the country? If so, great work.

What a coward. Hope he gets put into a Thai jail for a very long time.

Seems the local police did a good job with this one. I'm guessing they knew who the suspect was right away but kept it quiet as they knew he left the country? If so, great work.

What a coward. Hope he gets put into a Thai jail for a very long time.

+1

Apparently the person responsible for Adam's demise has been arrested and is being held in Pattaya just now.

This article details the circumstances around his arrest and he is expected to be in court on Monday morning.

As for Adam's condition he is supposedly showing signs of slight movement but has an infection near his wounds which is a cause for concern for his doctors in the UK. Today is the largest push for donations and requests for support and is dubbed 'PickleAID day' by supporters.

A massive thank you to the many, many people from Pattaya and beyond for their assistance up to this point - it's been remarkable to see such positivity and union from across our communities.

Here's the PickleAID Facebook page for details of events and for ways to donate should you see fit.

Please, please let others know through your social networks and let's hope that Adam gets well and that justice prevails.

thats one of Pattaya's most seedy speciality places, the kind of place one would expect people like that. Hopefully he at least gets deported and or spends a long time inside. Edited by marstons

thats one of Pattaya's most seedy speciality places, the kind of place one would expect people like that. Hopefully he at least gets deported and or spends a long time inside.

A fair punishment would be to spend 15 years cleaning Bangkok's sewers along with the other inmates of Klong Toey prison.

Edited by manarak

There are threads on here about how terrible it is with so many Russians in Pattaya and rueing the fact there are not so many anglos around.

The only times I have felt really uncomfortable in Pattaya is when teams of drunken British lager louts have been on the rampage.

It seems the worst of the British inhabit Pattaya and here we have another fine example of a UK yobo near killing someone over nothing.

there is no mention as to whether the victim and the alleged perpetrator " discussed " this

in any way . I mean why didnt this thug give at least the opportunity for the victim to pay money for the damage

to the car ( if there was any ) ?

Frightening to think of what kind people are out there who get so seriously upset over such trivial things ?

Edited by khaan