Briton Held Over Vicious Attack On Teacher Adam Pickles In Thailand

webfact

Man is held over vicious attack on teacher Adam Pickles in Thailand

By Michael Black

BANGKOK: -- A 43-year-old Briton has been arrested on suspicion of carrying out a road rage attack in Thailand which left a Keighley teacher in a coma.

Sean Henry Tinsley has been remanded in custody for the attempted murder of Adam Pickles, 40, after being arrested at Bangkok International Airport.

It is alleged that he attacked Mr Pickles with a wheelbrace after a vehicle incident in which a car was scraped.

Tinsley had left Thailand after the alleged attack on Mr Pickles, a former Bradford Grammar School student, in the resort of Pattaya – 80 miles east of Bangkok.

Tinsley, from Wolverhampton, was arrested on his return late on Friday and remanded in custody on Saturday at Pattaya Provincial Court.

Mr Pickles – who grew up in Riddlesden and is married with a nine- month-old son – is thought to have been attacked following an incident in which he scraped another vehicle while getting out of a parking spot in the resort city.

After six weeks Mr Pickles, the head of English at the Regent’s International School in Pattaya, was brought back home to the UK when a local and international appeal received a massive response for funds.

Full story: http://www.thetelegr...es_in_Thailand/

-- Telegraph & Argus 2012-07-09

footer_n.gif

related topic:

British Teacher In A Coma After Brutal Assault In Pattaya

http://www.thaivisa....ult-in-pattaya/

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really sad that such trivial damage to a possession, and of course the loss of face associated with the incident, can drive someone to extraordinary rage.

Edited by Maestro
Trollish comment deleted.
  • Like 2

This was an appalling act of violence....I don't mind an eye for an eye, but scraping someones car and then having half your skull removed isn't a leveller.

I sincerely hope this vile individual is punished to the max, not that that will get Adams skull back though.

And why are some just so desperate to be in Thailand, is it really THAT good? If I had commited a crime like this and then escaped the country there isn't a chance in hell I would come back in. What a tool.

This guy is a sick person, I hope he gets his just rewards.

But CCTV footage appears to show Tinsley, who had already been deported from Thailand for immigration offences, re-enacting the crime with bravado in front of friends showing him punching someone face on and knocking him down.

Pickles married with a nine-month-old son is 6ft. Tinsley is 5ft 8”.............

“This looks like a cowardly attack from behind by a thug, yet we can see on the video that this man is boasting about what he did. Adam was such a lovely guy. People are very angry here.”

Sean Tinsley had already been previously arrested in Pattaya. In 2007 he was charged with selling fake visas to long term foreigners in Thailand, who did not want to go through official channels, through his company ‘The Visa Shop’.

He allegedly charged £500 each for the visas to foreigners without work permits or qualifications to stay long term and was believed to be working with a corrupt immigration official.

He was deported, but it is believed to have returned after changing his name by deed poll. He left again after the attack on Pickles and was arrested returning to Thailand on Friday and taken straight from the airport to Banglamuang Police station, North Pattaya.

http://andrew-drummo...school-teacher/

It's even more disturbing to hear that he has friends who enjoy his story.

But he looks like the Pit bull type. Harmless with friends and family but potentially vicious to strangers.

Using a heavy metal object to harm someone is just like using a gun or knife in any crime, it shows pre-meditated murder.

I hope they give a life sentence to the coward! And the Teacher gets better and back to normal..

I had a motorbike guy run into and scratch the front guard of my car on Fri night and seeing he did no damage to his bike I just waved him away and cop the 3-500baht cost of a repair myself (if I had done otherwise the cost and time involved would be CONSIDERABLY more). How farangs come over here and want to get wild and violent about these things is well beyond me. If he'd done that to a Thai he and his pals drinking in that bar in Soi Khao Noi would have experienced real Thai justice soon afterwards and everyone here would be slagging the locals. This Tinsley guy apparently belted Mr. Pickles with a tire iron from his car, not with his fists or anything, and he did so to the back of his head, I hope Tinsley is made to pay the 200k++ pounds in costs to the family at least before he goes to Bang Kwang. How can one not feel sad for his wife and new baby as Mr Pickles still lies in a coma in UK.

• Like 1

Using a heavy metal object to harm someone is just like using a gun or knife in any crime, it shows pre-meditated murder.

I hope they give a life sentence to the coward! And the Teacher gets better and back to normal..

The doctors have said he will never be back to normal...no feeling in his right hand and will have a speech impediment for life, and just because he scraped someboys car. Unbelievable.

But CCTV footage appears to show Tinsley, who had already been deported from Thailand for immigration offences, re-enacting the crime with bravado in front of friends showing him punching someone face on and knocking him down.

Pickles married with a nine-month-old son is 6ft. Tinsley is 5ft 8”.............

“This looks like a cowardly attack from behind by a thug, yet we can see on the video that this man is boasting about what he did. Adam was such a lovely guy. People are very angry here.”

Sean Tinsley had already been previously arrested in Pattaya. In 2007 he was charged with selling fake visas to long term foreigners in Thailand, who did not want to go through official channels, through his company ‘The Visa Shop’.

He allegedly charged £500 each for the visas to foreigners without work permits or qualifications to stay long term and was believed to be working with a corrupt immigration official.

He was deported, but it is believed to have returned after changing his name by deed poll. He left again after the attack on Pickles and was arrested returning to Thailand on Friday and taken straight from the airport to Banglamuang Police station, North Pattaya.

Where is the CCTV footage?

CCFC1

Good.

• Like 1

Good.

That's some input that. Well done.

He is well connected with Pattaya police and immigrations so he will get bail for sure and then run. He has also 'helped' MANY people leave Thailand that needed to get out quick.......

It pains me when I read about scum such as this coming to Thailand.

One of the things I don't miss about England (my home country) is the abundance of this type of aggresive yet cowardly no hoper.

You usually find that without their group of mates or the use of a weapon, they are nothing.

This waster is obviously pretty thick too for returning after a matter of weeks.

• Like 1

This guy is a sick person, .....

No, just a typical farang thug. Thailand is full of them since Spain cleaned up its act (aka brought in extradition) some years ago.

Most of them get involved in dubious practices like brothel bar ownership, property development, guest-houses, uninsured car rentals, visa scams, ATM thefts etc. And any other jobs that require neither brains nor qualifications nor morals.

• Like 1

This guy is a sick person, .....

No, just a typical farang thug. Thailand is full of them since Spain cleaned up its act (aka brought in extradition) some years ago.

Most of them get involved in dubious practices like brothel bar ownership, property development, guest-houses, uninsured car rentals, visa scams, ATM thefts etc. And any other jobs that require neither brains nor qualifications nor morals.

Do me a favour, stop over dramatising things.

A 'typical' farang thug does not go around removing half of somebodys skull just because they grazed their precious motor.

Get a grip, you embarrassment.

Do me a favour, stop over dramatising things.

A 'typical' farang thug does not go around removing half of somebodys skull just because they grazed their precious motor.

Get a grip, you embarrassment.

Apparently you know a better class of thug.