This House'S Story Chiang Mai

I saw this article in the New York Times about this teak house that was rebuilt by an American and his Thai wife near Chiang Mai. One doesn't see much about these kinds of things in the NYT so I was wondering if anyone knows the house? It seems way way too cheap a price, $1 million or 31 million baht for the land and house with all that old teak.

http://www.nytimes.c...DS5jgJQ4C1eKaiQ

He lives in Phuket where I do but I don't think I know the gentlemen. Not interested in purchasing it, but was wondering if this price is really true, I just can't believe a house like this is worth so little when other houses around the country are going for so much more. I know of a horrible Thai-style house in Kata Beach which is about 1/50th the size of this going for the same amount (OK, I know Phuket and Chiang Mai are not the same) so I'm wondering of the NYTs got their currency wrong.

48 square meter bedrooms. If I had a cool million, I would buy it. When you consider all the work he and his wife (and son) put into it, it still seems cheap even if the land was free. No big deal, not even sure why I posted this, but it was pretty cool to see it in the IHT.

48 square meter bedrooms. If I had a cool million, I would buy it. When you consider all the work he and his wife (and son) put into it, it still seems cheap even if the land was free. No big deal, not even sure why I posted this, but it was pretty cool to see it in the IHT.

Labour also costs next to nothing.

The only significant costs is for the building materials.