Tis Not A Good Weekend Thus Far

monty1412

I love how it is Thailand's fault that Thai people can't understand instructions issued by farangs who either can't learn or can't be bothered to speak in . . . ummm . .Thai.

If the OP couldn't get his request clearly articulated to the company or to his GF, surely the problem lies with him, not with them?

On the vegemite issue, you have my deepest regrets. I've been having some here in HK recently and it aint bad, but I have 4 500g jars of UK marmite arriving this evening, and that will once again take centre stage in my life.

I love how it is Thailand's fault that Thai people can't understand instructions issued by farangs who either can't learn or can't be bothered to speak in . . . ummm . .Thai.

If the OP couldn't get his request clearly articulated to the company or to his GF, surely the problem lies with him, not with them?

On the vegemite issue, you have my deepest regrets. I've been having some here in HK recently and it aint bad, but I have 4 500g jars of UK marmite arriving this evening, and that will once again take centre stage in my life.

Thanks Bendix, of course I understand that with sitting on your perch in Hong kong; a former British colony where education standards are higher, English more widespread and the only problem you face is that taxi dropping you off on the wrong side of Lockhart Rd Wanchai; this must all seem incredibly simple and lacking in ability on my part.

I now know the genius of England's convict deportation scheme to australia... simultaneously increased the average IQ of both countries.. masterstroke.

Well, if that DTAC thing happened with me, my wife would be giving me the evil eye for getting angry, so that would be worse than not having phone service.

Re the bike helmet- I learned long ago that one can not be trusting. Does your bike not have one of those convenient hooks under the seat for it? Takes about 15 seconds to secure a helmet. Either that or buy a cheap and useless helmet that no one would want.

Well, if that DTAC thing happened with me, my wife would be giving me the evil eye for getting angry, so that would be worse than not having phone service.

Re the bike helmet- I learned long ago that one can not be trusting. Does your bike not have one of those convenient hooks under the seat for it? Takes about 15 seconds to secure a helmet. Either that or buy a cheap and useless helmet that no one would want.

a cheap useless helmet in a crash ...........

Edited by YipYipYa123

Re the helmet, last time I was in Pattaya I met someone with the same type of motorbike I have, during our conversation the subject of stolen helmets came up, he said that a freind of his had put a fine steel mesh around the helmet strap where the hook loop is because thieves had been cutting the helmet strap to steal the helmet. May be a solution to the helmet theft problem.

Re the helmet, last time I was in Pattaya I met someone with the same type of motorbike I have, during our conversation the subject of stolen helmets came up, he said that a freind of his had put a fine steel mesh around the helmet strap where the hook loop is because thieves had been cutting the helmet strap to steal the helmet. May be a solution to the helmet theft problem.

Naaaaaaaaah, just paint a Buddha or anything on it. They will go to the next. smile.png

a cheap useless helmet in a crash ...........

You know it's useless in a crash, we know it's useless in a crash. The cheapo rubbish only serves one purpose: to prevent being stopped by the BiB. That is it's only purpose.

Re: cutting the strap. I don't see how, given enough time, anything short of padlocking a full-face helmet to bike would be a deterrent. The strap would have to made of wire and how uncomfortable would that be?

The only good crashmets are those made to western quality standards, so buy or bring one of those and carry it with you.