Buying A Bike From Another Province - Documents?

Hi.

I'm looking to buy a bike from out of town. What documents do I need? What needs to be shown to the local DLT where I am resident to transfer it to my name?

As far as I have been able to figure out, I need what's below. Please correct me or make observations!

Documents needed from the seller:

1. Green book (signed by the seller at the appropriate place)
  2. If sold by a Thai - copy seller’s ID card - both sides signed.
  3. If sold by a Thai - copy of house document Ta Bian Ban - signed
  4. If sold by a farang then passport and immigration statement/proof as to where living)
  5. Vehicle transfer of ownership form – signed and witnessed
  6. Power of attorney (proxy) form – signed and witnessed (no need to make it out to anyone specific).

How does that sound?

Thanks in advance,

R

ps - some time ago there was/were links to the online Thai forms for vehicle transfer and power of attorney - anyone know where these links have gone?

I am not sure what the power of attorney letter you keep mentioning is. I don't think I have ever used one. Just copy of ID card and tabien baan of seller, ownership transfer form or sales receipt, your passport and residency docs and the green book. Easy peasy.

I am not sure what the power of attorney letter you keep mentioning is. I don't think I have ever used one. Just copy of ID card and tabien baan of seller, ownership transfer form or sales receipt, your passport and residency docs and the green book. Easy peasy.

Power of Attorney is needed when the seller (name in the green book) can't be present in person to authorize the sale - as in if you buy a bike in another province then take it back home to register the sale where you live.

The info and required forms are ongoing here

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557601-how-to-transfer-ownership-by-proxy-tell-me-please/#entry5338917

Cheers

R

If the bike comes from another province and you want to transfer the number plate to your province too, you will need:

TWO copies of:

signed "Power of attorney"

Signed ID card/tabien baan. Check the validity of a Thai ID Card!!

and the rest, you mentioned before.

If you only want to transfer the book into your name, but not the bike to your province, you don*t need two copies.

And don*t forget, the green book must be signed by the seller too.

One more tip:

If it is a "Big Bike", go to any DLT and let them check the book/frame number first.

This can be done online and is free of charge.

Sometimes, the (grey) books are "blocked" by the DLT for some reasons and you won*t be able to change the name or even renew the tax sticker!

If the bike comes from another province and you want to transfer the number plate to your province too, you will need:

TWO copies of:

signed "Power of attorney"

Signed ID card/tabien baan. Check the validity of a Thai ID Card!!

and the rest, you mentioned before.

If you only want to transfer the book into your name, but not the bike to your province, you don*t need two copies.

And don*t forget, the green book must be signed by the seller too.

One more tip:

If it is a "Big Bike", go to any DLT and let them check the book/frame number first.

This can be done online and is free of charge.

Sometimes, the (grey) books are "blocked" by the DLT for some reasons and you won*t be able to change the name or even renew the tax sticker!

Many thanks for this - it will be a real lifesaver when the time comes!

Cheers

Rob