Rabeprazole And Thai Alternatives

David48

I have been prescribed Pariet 20mg (AcipHex in the States) and it's provided excellent relief.

Unfortunately @ $35.40 where I live ... it's also relieving my wallet at the same time.

Is either Brand Name available in Bangkok?

Costs?

If not ... is there a locally available generic medicine which has it's main ingredient as Rabeprazole Sodium 20mg ... Sheryl?

Thanks in Advance ... wai.gif

Want to know more about

Fish Farms or a simple Australian Visa Application ?

i have been on acid relief tabs for over 30years uk,i used to suffer badly but when i went on in the uk.lansoprozole 30mg my suffering was over.since i moved to thailand[korat] i first got the generic omeprazole 20mg.very good 14tabs,slow release capsules 50bht per box,the last 4months i have been taking miracid 20mg no problem with those these are 45bht per box x 14tabs.i get my all 8diff.medications from a wholesale pharmacy which is very good on prices but you will find prices can vary so shop about.i buy 3-4months supply at a time.if you want any details bee free to ask me.

• Confused 1

Thanks meatboy ... do the tablets you use (generic omeprazole) have a name?

A photo of an empty packet to show my Lassie to buy and bring home for me?

Thanks for replying ...

sorry d.i cant get to grips posting photo's but here is the info on what i am taking now,green box with miracid in red lettering on the front of the box showing 2capsules and next to the exp date[2014]on the bottom left side is manu.name BERLIN under lined in red.this is all in english but on the back is all in thai.also on the front it says each capsule contains omeprazole 20mg.these should be available at most pharmacys as they are manufactured in bkk.and distributed by BERLIN CO.LTD.hope this helps.

Pariet is the only form of Rabeprazole availabkle as it is still under patent.

but as other posters indicated, you can easily get a locally made brand of omeprazole here which is in the same chemical family and has same mode of action.

What happened is that omeprazole was the first drug marketed of the type known as proton pump inhibitors (PPIs). It sold like wild cakes and the manufacturer made a fortune. Then of course with time it went off patent, and not coincidentally the pharma industry came in with other PPIs that are just slight "tweaks" on the original, different enough to warrant a separate patent but basically working in the same way. And so on to the present day, brand after brand of **azoles. Allegedly some have slight advantages over the original drug, maybe this is true and maybe not, but anyway the vast majority of sufferers will do just fine with the original drug.

^^^ Sheryl ... you are definitely now on my Christmas Card list.

Thanks for explaining.

If there is not more information forthcoming, please close the thread in the next day or two.

Really appreciated ALL the feedback ... will save me heaps over the coming months!

Just a foot note ...

I only recently got the condition and hence have to take the medicine.

But only when I eat a western diet.

Never have it in Thailand ... unless I have a American Breakfast

Just a foot note ...

I only recently got the condition and hence have to take the medicine.

But only when I eat a western diet.

Never have it in Thailand ... unless I have a American Breakfast

i got my condition[hiatus hernia] through bending a lot[no not that]down the mines,eating the wrong food,drinking tooooooooooooo much,a lot of indian spicy curries the list is endless.but you should avoid all these things and also try not to wear tight belts and clothing on the waist,you could also elevate your bed.

• 4 months later...