Baby Gate For Bottom Of Stairs - Where To Buy?

dsfbrit

I have been trying to buy a 'baby gate' for the bottom of the stairs. One of those gates that prevents a child from climbing up the stairs but can be opened by adults. I thought it would be a simple process, but after trips to Big C, Homeworks, Homepro etc... I just get blank looks from the staff and they have no idea where I can get one.

So could anyone here please suggest a place???

Thanks for your help

Don't know about Pattaya but when I was living in Bangkok I could only find one in Central Chidlom and it was ridiculously expensive. By the time I was done searching and I had made up my mind to have one done by a local carpenter, my kid had already fallen down the stairs! He didn't get hurt, but he got the message and we never had to use a baby gate.laugh.png

Labor and wood are cheap, get somebody to make one for you.

Thats what we did, we got a beautiful (and heavy duty it should be said) gate for about bht 1000...

I think this is not very popular in Thailand because in Thailand somebody is either holding or looking after a child at all times.... Which isnt a bad idea either...

we bought ours in Central, Bang Na. They were available (about 1 year ago) in Central Festival Pattaya. and the baby shop on corner of Sukhumvit and Chaiyapruk

Thanks to you all for your quick feedback.

Chaam Local - err I like your style - I could try that as well - much cheaper and less hasslebiggrin.png . Yes I know I could make one myself, I do all my own maintenance and repair, but at the moment I am already involved in enough work in the garden and house and just thought that going and buying a gate and maybe drilling a couple of holes would be a 'relaxing' short-cut.

I will try those places you suggested prk888 - if no luck then I will get my saw out!!!

Saengsureeya - thanks for the link, PayttayaParrent thanks for the address. I will check out the Brown Farm shop tomorrow - I have to say though that if its a similar price to Ikea, then I think I will make it myself out of wood as I should have finished all the work in the garden by the weekend anyway.

Thanks again for the feedback

Try a Facebook page called baby bargains it is a local expat site where expats can post baby items they don't need anymore or you can add a wanted.

Other than that you could also do the same on the TV Classifieds.