Death Of The Death Hotel

zippydedodah

Such is the headline in that other newsource.... Downtown Inn is being demolished and will be replaced by an upscale hotel, according to unconfirmed sources.

Just have to love the Thai flair for understatement.

It appears that all the evidence is litually being sweeped under the carpet, or in this case, descretely cleared away. The name of the game is, out of sight, out of mind and than forgotten.

Was there ever a thorough investigation? Did the foreign offices of the national’s concerned pressure the Thai authorities to conduct an investigation? Has anyone been brought to book over this? Have any of the victims families received justice? Somehow I doubt it.

This is all about cover-ups and what’s bad for business. Not many would want to stay in a hotel where a multitude of guests have died, so better to knock it down and start again, perhaps by the same outfit that owned the Downtown Inn?

Lots of questions with little or no answers, extremely tragic and sad for the innocent victims and their families, who have lost loved ones with no chance of receiving compensation or any answers as to why and how.

A totally disgusting state of affairs.

post-110219-0-21589200-1338190372_thumb.

• Like 2

So is the building being completely torn down.

Or is it just being refurnished.

It was a ok Hotel till all the people die.

I guess we were one of the lucky ones that did not stay in that part od the Hotel.

May all those who lost there lives now live in peace.

So is the building being completely torn down.

Or is it just being refurnished.

It was a ok Hotel till all the people die.

I guess we were one of the lucky ones that did not stay in that part od the Hotel.

May all those who lost there lives now live in peace.

It will be demolished according to the sign out front (by the demolition company). It appears they are preparing to remove all the nice teak windows in order to sell them before they bring in the wrecking ball.

It appears that all the evidence is litually being sweeped under the carpet, or in this case, descretely cleared away

Are you suggesting that the owners of the hotel deliberately tried to get rid of their guests with some sort of poison?

It appears that all the evidence is litually being sweeped under the carpet, or in this case, descretely cleared away. The name of the game is, out of sight, out of mind and than forgotten.

Was there ever a thorough investigation? Did the foreign offices of the national’s concerned pressure the Thai authorities to conduct an investigation? Has anyone been brought to book over this? Have any of the victims families received justice? Somehow I doubt it.

This is all about cover-ups and what’s bad for business. Not many would want to stay in a hotel where a multitude of guests have died, so better to knock it down and start again, perhaps by the same outfit that owned the Downtown Inn?

Lots of questions with little or no answers, extremely tragic and sad for the innocent victims and their families, who have lost loved ones with no chance of receiving compensation or any answers as to why and how.

Your post is disgusting. They have had a final report. It included help from the World Health Organization and has posted several times already

The sign out front says it is to be torn down and replaced in two to three years.

What is really important here, is that whatever happened will not happen again due the the demolition of this building. I think this will give at least a little bit of peace to the families of those who suffered and those who died. There will be no more victims.

Edited by BarnicaleBob
  • Like 1

Your post is disgusting. They have had a final report. It included help from the World Health Organization and has posted several times already

The sign out front says it is to be torn down and replaced in two to three years.

On the contrary I find your post most offensive! The whole affair is a whitewash, but there again we are in Thailand....

• Like 1

On the contrary I find your post most offensive! The whole affair is a whitewash, but there again we are in Thailand....

You are saying that the WHO is the same as Thailand.

I read in yesterdays Bangkok Post that the hotel is in fact in the process of being demolished (showed pic) and a new boutique hotel built on the site.

An interesting piece of information was that the owners (whose name escapes me) actually own 2/3 other hotels and are a registard company showing a worth of some 300,000,000 THB if this is infact true I wonder if the families of those who died will be able to sue? (I think I know the answer to that already!unsure.png ).

Another interesting statistic published at the foot of the same story was that on average 4/5 foreigners die every month in Chiangmai.

~ Another interesting statistic published at the foot of the same story was that on average 4/5 foreigners die every month in Chiangmai.

There's a lot of farangs, including Burmese, residing, working and/or visiting CM. Old age, motor vehicle and industrial accidents all take their toll. Would be a worthy news item if actual demographics and reliable Immi Dept statistics were quoted.