Being Stared At When With Your Partner.

Longbow212

I expect they are all wondering why an attractive girl couldn't hook a guy a lot older with a pension.

Just kiddin ........ you should see the way foreign women look at me when I'm out with my step-daughter and my new baby, SD is 14 and likes to sit on my lap, I am nearly 60. The shock, horror and outrage just makes me laugh!

I have another twist of this, I've been here many decades, my Thai son is now 30+ years old, married to a sweet attractive and intelligent Thai lady and they have two beautiful young daughters, all have very Thai features and they all speak advanced English.

I'm often shopping with DIL and the two granddaughters when the oldest GD suddenly says in English 'grandfather, don't forget we have to buy.......' or something similar. Or DIL says to her daughters something in Thai including the word 'boo' (meaning grandfather).

A couple of times on hearing the above people have asked my DIL if I am her husband. She always replies politely, 'no, he's my husbands father'

Somehow people seem to see this as 'unbelievable', they walk away confused.

Edited by scorecard

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confirmed troll, or rather, confirmed Western guy pretending to be an angry Western woman.

Not - I've seen her in real life. And by what stretch of the imagination do you use the word "confirmed"??

All that means to me wrt to you is that everything you claim to be certain is now suspect.

I was in a Xi’an China several years ago with a friend of mine. We had joined a small tour group and were sitting outside a café with an Australian couple we had met. The husband was Australian, and his wife was Chinese, but grew up in Australia from the time she was a small girl. As we were sitting there, a small group of people started to form, staring at the mixed couple. One of them even took a picture.

Depends on the reason for the stare.

Correct. Some people should check their zipper now and then. tongue.png

also who they are with..

I was in a Xi’an China several years ago with a friend of mine. We had joined a small tour group and were sitting outside a café with an Australian couple we had met. The husband was Australian, and his wife was Chinese, but grew up in Australia from the time she was a small girl. As we were sitting there, a small group of people started to form, staring at the mixed couple. One of them even took a picture.

I got that in the philippines a few times....they even asked me to sign my name.....I did....'love from mr bean'.

As near as I can tell "<deleted> you looking at?" It's pretty much a verbal equivalent of giving someone the finger. Use at your own peril!

It doesn't really mean anything in Thai ...... staring, womans privates, what ...... is the word content, but not a meaningful sentence no matter how you work it.

"<deleted> are you looking at" could be "mung doo arai wa" but more likely "<deleted> are you doing" would be used "mung tam arai wa"

Edited by TommoPhysicist

not much stares from adults.

i always get stares from young kids. they always look at me just like im about to eat them. was told by mrs that i look very sirlit. nt sure what it means by im pretty sure its negative.

Here's another twist. Some of my outer circle Thai relatives seem to often say to their kids. 'farang, are you frightened?'

But on one occasion this caught my Thai son (an adult) in a bad mood, and he scolded his relative, mentioning that 'the farang has given you a lot of help, so why do you say such things'?

She instantly realized that her comment was rude, inappropriate, and not funny, and she made a strong apology.

But, there's two sides to this picture, I often hear farang making comments about Thai folks which are quite judgmental, rude and inappropriate.

Edited by scorecard

well...staring ain't confined to SE Asia...a friend of mine from Poland described the moment that he saw a negro for the first time when he was young and he said that he 'stared in wonderment...'

and then there was the time when an 11 y.o. tutsiwarrior was down the YMCA in Pasadena and there was an older guy with severe cerebal palsy and I stared...he was frightening...then he turned around, enraged and attacked me (he was ambulatory) and then his friends pulled him off and I ran all the way home in terror...it was my fault for staring and I still have nightmares 50 years later...

and then my sister who was dating a math professor from the California Institute of Technology attended a reception for the physicist Stephen Hawking in the 70s and then they wheeled him out and then she stared and her boyfriend then gently chastised her and she later said: 'you shoulda seen the guy...all bent up in a wheel chair and supposed to be the smartest guy on earth...and he couldn't even talk!' I woulda stared too...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

well...staring ain't confined to SE Asia...a friend of mine from Poland described the moment that he saw a negro for the first time when he was young and he said that he 'stared in wonderment...'

and then there was the time when an 11 y.o. tutsiwarrior was down the YMCA in Pasadena and there was an older guy with severe cerebal palsy and I stared...he was frightening...then he turned around, enraged and attacked me (he was ambulatory) and then his friends pulled him off and I ran all the way home in terror...it was my fault for staring and I still have nightmares 50 years later...

and then my sister who was dating a math professor from the California Institute of Technology attended a reception for the physicist Stephen Hawking in the 70s and then they wheeled him out and then she stared and her boyfriend then gently chastised her and she later said: 'you shoulda seen the guy...all bent up in a wheel chair and supposed to be the smartest guy on earth...and he couldn't even talk!' I woulda stared too...

BUT, what's inside a skull has nothing to do with outside appearance and it really shows the ignorance of those who think it does. sad.png

It's a daily occurence for me, people part and bow and murmur " All hail theblether ".

Hardly worth mentioning coffee1.gif

I was on my knees and YOU never acknowledged me. Swine. w00t.gif

Oh that was you?.........try to do better next time coffee1.gif

It's a daily occurence for me, people part and bow and murmur " All hail theblether ".

OK, but l will not wear tights in future in your presence. . giggle.gif

OK, but l will not wear tights in future in your presence. . giggle.gif

Especially when you didn't shave your legs first Transam........not a good look coffee1.gif

BUT, what's inside a skull has nothing to do with outside appearance and it really shows the ignorance of those who think it does. sad.png

yeah...I agree but my sister is very beautiful and was able to melt the minds and stoke the desires of the greatest minds at Cal Tech when she was young...

and we would hang out in the parking lot at the Laguna Beach Taco Bell in the late 60s and I would look up and say: 'hey Catherine, see them folks that just pulled in? go see if you can get us some dope...'...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

yeah...I agree but my sister is very beautiful and was able to melt the minds and stoke the desires of the greatest minds at Cal Tech when she was young...

and we would hang out in the parking lot at the Laguna Beach Taco Bell in the late 60s and I would look up and say: 'hey Catherine, see them folks that just pulled in? go see if you can get us some dope...'...

Wish l was there in a 400HP Pontiac of the day. whistling.gif

Edited by transam

Wish l was there in a 400HP Pontiac of the day. whistling.gif

no way, man...during the late 60s if you were cool then it was a battered old VW bug, 36hp if finely tuned...people with hot rods were always suspected to be cops...

laugh.png Don't believe you. laugh.png American Graffiti, Two Lane Black Top, Vanishing Point. whistling.gif

Little earlier. Post-war through the 50's only "out there" beatniks were counter-culture. By the late 60's that was mainstream and muscle cars were redneck territory, not enlightened cool guys.

laugh.png Don't believe you. laugh.png American Graffiti, Two Lane Black Top, Vanishing Point. whistling.gif

Little earlier. Post-war through the 50's only "out there" beatniks were counter-culture. By the late 60's that was mainstream and muscle cars were redneck territory, not enlightened cool guys.

w00t.gif

What else did you expect? "mong hee arai" is as low as it gets. Lucky for you he didnt kick your ass.

I didn't know what it meant until I just asked the GF. A look of horror came over her face and she said "where you hear that"? I explained and she said "never say that to anybody, maybe they kill you"!

What does it mean?!

As near as I can tell "<deleted> you looking at?" It's pretty much a verbal equivalent of giving someone the finger. Use at your own peril!

Since Thais have become very adept at hurling western slurs, especially the <deleted> one, then turnabout should be fair play. Of course delivered with the appropriate "thai smile" for inflection.

Perhaps for the surfer-dude, Gidget generation in SoCal, but the street scene was far from dead.

Perhaps for the surfer-dude, Gidget generation in SoCal, but the street scene was far from dead.

Grandma could buy a 3/400HP ride off the forecourt in the sixties, rather be grandma than be seen in a VW rust bucket eh. biggrin.png

Grandma could buy a 3/400HP ride off the forecourt in the sixties, rather be grandma than be seen in a VW rust bucket eh. biggrin.png

and yeah...the old veedubs could be rust buckets...

I had a '66 VW van (52hp, top speed 55mph) and the entire floor in the rear was rusted out...me dad was always handy and he had a look...then calmly took a chisel and a grinder to the rust and sprayed some primer then took some 3/8'' plywood that he had lying around and contoured it perfectly and laid it on the floor (in two panels) in the back with a few screws to the chassis and voila! a new floor where before there were huge gaping holes from the rust...and he did it in about an hour...he had the most remarkable visual acuity for final arrangements that I have ever known...

then later other folks had a look at the plywood floor arrangement and said: 'ingenious, and with no possibility of further corrosion, did you do that?' and I said: 'yeah...'

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Must admit l had a 1959 VW Combi in the 60's, great fun with the girls giggle.gif .

post-41816-0-98871100-1338305973.jpg

great fun, I haveta admit too but how did you fit the 400hp V8 into the rear engine compartment?

nice lookin' ride, btw...

The horse Power was me back then. laugh.png Sadly lost. sad.png

It doesn't really mean anything in Thai ...... staring, womans privates, what ...... is the word content, but not a meaningful sentence no matter how you work it.

"<deleted> are you looking at" could be "mung doo arai wa" but more likely "<deleted> are you doing" would be used "mung tam arai wa"

It is a meaningful sentences and it means "which pussy are you staring at ?" Although the correct phrasing would be "Mong Hee Krai" , "Whose pussy are you staring at?"

Edited by thedivezone

not much stares from adults.

i always get stares from young kids. they always look at me just like im about to eat them. was told by mrs that i look very sirlit. nt sure what it means by im pretty sure its negative.

What is "sirlit"? I just asked the GF and it meant nothing to her.

"Sirlit" is the Thai bastardization of "serious", as in "you tink too mutt, dahling, you sirlit".