When To Apply For Thai Police Check And Medical For Australian Partner Visa?

We will apply for Partner Visa for my wife in Sep-12.

I wanted to prepare in advance to save us some time later. When should we get the Thai Police Check conducted for my wife so that we can save some tine in processing? Can we get it done in advance? Is there any specific form we need to use?

Can we also get the medical checks done before submitting application? Or, do we need need to wait for Australian embassy's directive?

Thanks in advance.

you have to wait for then to issue you papers for both so you cannot rush it. it takes what it takes. we have just got our approval for prospective marriage visa. so as you said you need to do this "Or, do we need need to wait for Australian embassy's directive?"

The police check you can get prior to submission without any request by the embassy. You do however need to go to vfs and get a letter to take with you when you apply at police hq. The medical can only be done once the embassy tells you to go for one as you need your case number.

The police check you can get prior to submission without any request by the embassy. You do however need to go to vfs and get a letter to take with you when you apply at police hq. The medical can only be done once the embassy tells you to go for one as you need your case number.

correct,when you go to cc tower [vfs]for the letter tell the s.guard what u need,take the letter and photos,passport, to police hq,very helpfull there,takes 10days ,dont lose recipt, you need report to if u have lived in thailand 2yrs or more,BNH hospital near embassy do the medicals online,u dont need forms only letter from case officer,[1 day] when they tell you to go.

you can do the letter and police report same day if you go early.

cat

Wait for the written request from the Embassy. GF & I went to Police HQ in BKK and they asked for the embassy letter, which I didn't have and had to pay 10k baht tea money for the clearence certificate - I was in a rush at the time, my fault... lesson learnt was don't tell the Police proposed date of travel