Soccer More Exciting Than Yank Football?

Boon Mee

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Better than baseball?, easily

Better than basketball?  absolutely

Better than American Football?  Not one single tiny chance , You have to understand it to like it.

I do understand it and, I do like it.

It is not better or more exiting....!

redrus

FOOTBALL, the type that is played by 2 teams of 11 men with a round ball, two halves of 45 minutes each way IS WITHOUT ANY SHADOW OF A DOUBT the best and MOST POPULAR game in the WORLD

After Snakes and Ladders

Wow, this New edit Thingy is pretty amazing!

Try it

Edited by ThaiPauly

The younger generation is growing more fond of soccer and it is becoming more popular with boys and girls I think it will be a long time before it becomes more popular than football in the U.S. I would guess worldwide soccer is more popular.

But the real question is

" ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALLLLL"

PKG :o

Rugby is the game MEN play

and then cricket

Hmmmm....Really? I thought 'Bird' watching was the most popular sport amongst real MEN :o

Must have been missing something... :D

LaoPo

The younger generation is growing more fond of soccer and it is becoming more popular with boys and girls I think it will be a long time before it becomes more popular than football in the U.S. I would guess worldwide soccer is more popular.

But the real question is

" ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALLLLL"

PKG :o

Can't beat watching Terry Bradshaw -vs- Roger Staubach outgunning each other

Soccer? is that even considered a sport?. Women plays that game too don't they :D .

Rugby is a walk in the park compared to a full-contact fight

Tell that to Richard lowe who has just gouged your eyes,or any french tight forward that has tried to remove your <deleted> via the greek Handshake method or being king hit from behind by Simon Shaw (who is 6'7" 120kgs).....

Yep...a walk in the park. :o

and then cricket

Hmmmm....Really? I thought 'Bird' watching was the most popular sport amongst real MEN :o

LaoPo

real men dont sit on the sidelines taking and watching - they participate!! :D

and then cricket

LaoPo

:D

I agree...BUT before they 'participate' they first watch the birds carefully, before moving into action, don't they?

If they don't, they might run into a different species before 'scoring', especially in LOS :D

LaoPo

I really don't like soccer because:

1. the acting like i'm dying because someone touched me

2. low scoring, many draws

3. slow pace of the game

But I can appreciate the skill level of the players and there is no doubt it is the most popular code.

and then cricket

LaoPo

Oh no you are definatley WRONG

REAL MEN watch sport from their armchair, whilst knocking back beer bought to them by their devoted other halves upon request so they don't have to move until the game is over :D

Some however prefer to watch in the pub. This is a REAL MEN thing too, as once again beer can be summoned by a simple "Nong Nong, Mai Nee Noi Krap, Heineken Yai nung gel Krap" :D

and then cricket

LaoPo

:D

I agree...BUT before they 'participate' they first watch the birds carefully, before moving into action, don't they?

If they don't, they might run into a different species before 'scoring', especially in LOS :D

LaoPo

haha!! very true!! but u know the saying every holes a goal!!

and then cricket

Hmmmm....Really? I thought 'Bird' watching was the most popular sport amongst real MEN :D

LaoPo

Oh no you are definatley WRONG

REAL MEN watch sport from their armchair, whilst knocking back beer bought to them by their devoted other halves upon request so they don't have to move until the game is over :burp:

Some however prefer to watch in the pub. This is a REAL MEN thing too, as once again beer can be summoned by a simple "Nong Nong, Mai Nee Noi Krap, Heineken Yai nung gel Krap" :D

i dont think u quite got it.

I find all sports (other than those martial arts fights with few rules) boring to watch. Maybe soccer is better that American football, but give me a good book or a good film anytime. :D

Soccers what mothers all want their kids to play, just a good stretch of the legs with very little contact. :D

Father's want their sons to play rugby.

I don't mind watching american or even aussie football (if I knew the teams better it'd help, so I'd know who to root for.)

I grew up on baseball, but like cricket, its an aquired taste.

I played basketball till I was 36, and the game and my body passed me by. :o

I do like those mixed martial arts bouts.

Anyone who saw this year's Rose Bowl (American football) game knows how foolish this conclusion is. Any contest is exciting if you care about the outcome and if the outcome remains uncertain until the very end.

Today's game was a classic cliff-hanger, with the outcome uncertain until the last few seconds.

Rugby is a walk in the park compared to a full-contact fight

Tell that to Richard lowe who has just gouged your eyes,or any french tight forward that has tried to remove your <deleted> via the greek Handshake method or being king hit from behind by Simon Shaw (who is 6'7" 120kgs).....

Yep...a walk in the park. :o

Wow......120kgs....LOL.....EVERY TEAM'S OFFENSIVE LINE in American football AVERAGES over 135kgs and the DEFENSIVE LINES average much more than 120kgs.

Give me a break.....the biggest and fastest athletes are pro American football players. I will concede that Rubgy players are every bit as tough as pro American football players though.

With regards to soccer.....probably the best conditioned athletes but the game is so.......boring. Wow......final score 1-0.....LOL......watch the replay of the Rose Bowl just played.....fantastic stuff and that's college not pro! :D

I do like to watch Rugby......tough guys game for sure......not for the meek!

As for viewing pleasure......no sport comes close to pro American football......end of story. :D

As one of the few Brits who has played American football at a fairly competitive level and can actually speak from experience, I can say without a doubt that American football is far more rougher sport than rugby. It is not even close. Rugby is about grabbing, leaning, and pushing. American football is about collisions. American football players are also bigger, faster, and stronger. American football players require protection for good reason - the sport was going to be banned because so many people were killed playing it. Rugby is rough, American football is violent.

For the longest time, I still held footie as a more exciting sport, until I really learned the US game. It is much more cerebral. More happens in one play of US football then in an entire footie match. It is just too nuanced for the uninitiated.

I still love footie, but I now prefer American football. Let's face it, footie is the most popular sport in the world for the same reason that rice is the most popular food - it's simple, it's cheap, and it's available to the masses.