Thai Police Arrest Nigerian Facebook Cheat

webfact

Police arrest Nigerian Facebook cheat

The Nation

30183163-01_big.jpg?1338371364372

Suspected Smith Nnamadi

30183163-03_big.jpg

Photo of alleged Joe Henry

BANGKOK: -- Nakhon Ratchasima police have arrested a Nigerian man for allegedly duping a Thai woman into sending him tens of thousands of baht after leading her to believe he wanted to marry her.

The arrest of Nigerian Smith Nnamadi, 34, at a Bangkok department store, came after a woman, whose name was withheld, complained to police that he had allegedly lured her to send him money under false pretences.

The woman claimed that she knew the suspect via Facebook under name of Joe Henry, a British. They became lovers and Nnamadi proposed marriage after chatting via the network for two months.

The suspect claimed he wished to bring in a Bt3million dowry but could not afford the fee of Bt321,560, so he asked her to help. The victim wired him Bt74,560 but Henry said he needed more. That made her suspicious and she turned to the police.

A sting operation was set up at a local mall, where the Nigerian suspect came to pick up the money.

The police investigation found that Nnamadi conspired with other foreigners to lure Thai women, wanting foreign husbands, via MSN, Facebook and online websites to dupe them into sending money. Police will hunt for his accomplices.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-05-30

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'They became lovers'

I presume not in the literal sense, because it would be hard not to notice her silver-haired caucausian Brit had morphed into a 6 foot plus black man.

There is something sweetly ironic about this story.....although I can't quite put my finger on what it is....whistling.gif

Edited by LucidLucifer
  • Like 2

'They became lovers'

I presume not in the literal sense, because it would be hard not to notice her silver-haired caucausian Brit had morphed into a 6 foot plus black man.

Would she care if he had the B3 million dowry?

'They became lovers'

Of course not, but being 'lovers' with someone, in my eyes anyway, would involve a certain level of physical intimacy. I was talking in that sense.

'They became lovers'

Of course not, but being 'lovers' with someone, in my eyes anyway, would involve a certain level of physical intimacy. I was talking in that sense.

the computerised version of phone sex - sorry my web cam is broken (but you take your clothes off)

• Like 1

'They became lovers'

Rapunzel, reversed?

Joe, Joe, let down your...........

the funniest part of all this is he used the picture of a Lebanese veteran politician known as Sleiman Frangieh. Here's his website: http://www.sleimanfrangieh.com/ and the picture from his facebook page: http://www.facebook....gieh/1542249468.

Well if he's interested in a Thai bride, somebody's done the spadework for him. All he needs now is B3 million.

• Like 2

A sting operation was set up at a local mall, where the Nigerian suspect came to pick up the money.

Gotta love FACEBOOK........

Is the guy behind him the Thai woman's husband pushing him??? laugh.png

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

This is not a news to me,our Thais sisters are the grand Masters,they do this with farangs,marry old and dying farang,poison him or give him sex till he dies,after he must have bought a house in her name.

Greed made her send money to her fellow greedy partner,the police should arrest the Thais girl too if they want to eradicate this sort of Scam in our country.

• Like 2

This is not a news to me,our Thais sisters are the grand Masters,they do this with farangs,marry old and dying farang,poison him or give him sex till he dies,after he must have bought a house in her name.

Greed made her send money to her fellow greedy partner,the police should arrest the Thais girl too if they want to eradicate this sort of Scam in our country.

You're right! But obviously there are "givers" and "takers" all over the planet. One of your sisters is my wife and she's cool....

Dying on or under one of your sisters might be a trustworthy way of reaching Nirvana in our country....biggrin.png

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 2

No racism please!

A school mate of my girl friend a long time ago got raped by a colored guy. She wasn't the brightest at all, the guy got busted and did his time.

When she sat at school next to my ex gf a few weeks later, she said: " I'm so scared that I'm pregnant. If so the baby will speak English then! "

Time to sue Mark Zuckerberg.....laugh.png

He was Nigerian.

It happened in a country where people usually speak German............