Crime In Pattaya

marstons

Just in case you missed the crime reports the last few days a thread has opened on the Samui forum(samui is dull) listing all the last few days reports in Pattaya, totally non Samui related thread in the Samui forum about Pattaya's crime rate. Maybe yet another desperate attempt to try and get people away from Pattaya to crime free Samui . I lived there 8 years and it is in my opinion the wild west. If anybody feel's inclined maybe pop in to the forum and let them know its ok here. I am still trying to work out why Pattaya crime warrants a thread in the Samui forum, i thought post's were supposed to be forum specific.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/558622-samui-is-dull/

A lot of crime in Pattaya goes unreported in Pattaya. Anything which upsets the Real Estate Mafia or big time scams hardly rates a mention. Of course, when a bag is snatched or a gambling operation is busted and 100 baht confiscated, now that is REAL NEWS

I have to admit I am truely worried about crime trends in Pattaya, even walking about at night I've noticed an attitude change from any Thais hangin around, when you see gun and drug related crime reporting on the news (most likely under reported) in ever increasing numbers it is time to take notice, I firmly believe the authorities here have lost control or the corruption is so bad i.e the authorities are making so much money they don't want to control it, either way I believe Pattaya has become a very dangerous place.

Two things that got my attention recently - road stop drug testing of 100 random Thais - 60% tested positive - that for me is shocking, and on another drug related police raid on a house where they found an assault rifle - I have also noticed an increasing number of young Thais riding around wearing jackets, in this heat that just doesn't sit right with me - my conclusion - they are carrying a firearm and could not conceal it wearing a teeshirt