Thaksin Apologizes To Red-Shirt People

webfact

Thaksin Apologizes to Red-Shirt People

BANGKOK: -- Ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has apologized to red-shirt supporters for confusing them about his stance.

Fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra delivered his apology during yesterday's phone-in speech to a group of former Thai Rak Thai executives, to mark the end of their political ban.

In his video conference call, Thaksin maintained that he has neither forgotten the favors of red-shirt people nor only paid attention to his gains.

His statement was in regard to his previous video-link speech during a recent red-shirt rally, asking his supporters to support the reconciliation bill that includes amnesty for state officials involved in the crackdown on its 2010's demonstrations.

His remark has sparked discontent among many red-shirt people.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2012-05-31

footer_n.gif

another none story, blown out of all proportion by the forum thaksin haters, even to the extent of accusing him of orchestrating a conflict with Cambodia.

Why was it a 'so called' border dispute?? i don't think this is in question, the dispute is in relation to the border area around a certain temple, also a lot of people will dispute that was started by the cambodians, but anyway this is off topic for the thread.

the amount of hyperbole thrown around by his haters every time his name is mentioned is embarrassing really, how about before you sling some mud you get your story straight and aligned with any evidence you may have, some of the less educated might start to believe your lies haha, sorry let me just laugh again HAHAHAHA,

Bungalow.

• Like 1

Thaksin let the truth slip out the other day at Rachaprasong when he told the red shirts to forget the deaths and there was no need to demonstrate there again.

Now he's trying to backpedal, claiming a bad line and a lack of concentration!

Pathetic.

It's almost enough to make you sympathise with the Thaksin supporters on this forum when the feel the need to say "I'm no fan of Thaksin, but..."

Almost.

Thaksin let the truth slip out the other day at Rachaprasong when he told the red shirts to forget the deaths and there was no need to demonstrate there again.

Now he's trying to backpedal, claiming a bad line and a lack of concentration!

Pathetic.

He seems to losing weight in recent photos.

Perhaps his lack of concentration is similar in origin to his explanation of those that died at Tak Bai, "because they were already weak from fasting".

another none story, blown out of all proportion by the forum thaksin haters, even to the extent of accusing him of orchestrating a conflict with Cambodia.

Why was it a 'so called' border dispute?? i don't think this is in question, the dispute is in relation to the border area around a certain temple, also a lot of people will dispute that was started by the cambodians, but anyway this is off topic for the thread.

the amount of hyperbole thrown around by his haters every time his name is mentioned is embarrassing really, how about before you sling some mud you get your story straight and aligned with any evidence you may have, some of the less educated might start to believe your lies haha, sorry let me just laugh again HAHAHAHA,

Your entitled to your pathetic opinion
  • Like 1

He apologizes to his hardcore backers for actually letting the proletariat know what he thinks.

And now this is damage control to the proletariat delivered first to the leadership,

ie wool applied to eyes of the masses once again.

Oh sorry little people I misspoke and nasty people misquoted me.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 2

When it no longer served Thaksin's interests the 'Border Dispute ' evaporated.

Thaksin and Hun Sen have big time energy business together,

it serves both of their interests if he controls Thailand, even if behind the scenes.

You can carp "Thaksin haters" all you like, but that doesn't affect the reality his act,

nor change the validity of their disliking his actions, based on observations.

• Like 2

Thaksin makes a habit of saying things that he later regrets. But actions speak louder than words, and they aren't back-pedalling.

Actions can be back-pedalling with enough money.....

Like you speed in Bangkok, and for 200 Baht it never happened in the mind of the policemen.

For 200 Million Baht many actions can be forgotten, or actually never happened....

Thaksin makes a habit of saying things that he later regrets. But actions speak louder than words, and they aren't back-pedalling.

For a supposedly 'shrewd' politician Thaksin does have a record of amazing gaffes. I guess he is as confused as anyone else by the tangled web he weaves

You might want to think about changing your user name to something more appropriate. Rip van Winkle springs to mind.

• Like 1

In other words, Thaksin shoots first, and asks questions afterwards.

Nope, said it before about Chalerm, he shoots first, then denies shooting later.