True Hd....I Am Confused.

gennisis

" Huh,not surprised" some would say....However...

I have had the True HD since last years world cup.,last month it was changed for the new one.

I am on the Platinum scheme.

The only HD channels I can watch are 120,121 and 122....all the others 123-131 only give a message to contact True.

I did read some time ago that these new HD channels were cable only...is this the case still?

I Know ,again in the past, that the Disney and a couple of other channels were at extra cost.' but since I pay 4450 baht a month already,are TRUE expecting even more for me to view their HD channels ???

Edited by gennisis

For digital dish viewers the 'missing' HD channels will be implemented later this year.

120, 121 and 122 are markting show offs. Don't be surprised True will cut them off in 2-3 months.

Also don't be surprised that, when all HD channels will become available on sattelite dish, your monthly contribution may increase if you choose to add these channels to your viewing pleasure.

Yes, USD150/month is taking the pxss. I have been a subscriber on & off through all their incarnations IBC/UTV/UBC right up to the present rip-off. It really strikes me that with all the legal, illegal & quasi legal options available nowadays (which weren't there before) the constant price increases don't make sense.

I know very little about the business model of running a cable/sat TV network and so it could be that the content providers (HBO etc, etc) cause the price to be so high but anyway, demanding this kind of money for intellectual property in a developing country is just asking for it.

I put it in the same category as major software companies offering their product here at considerably higher prices than they do in their home market and then complaining about rampant piracy. You reap what you sow.

True Visions is extremely expensive. No wonder than many use illegal ways to watch these channels.

Not only is it extremely expensive the programming sucks. My cousin pays $90 for Directv in the states, but gets twice as many channels with most in HD.

Here in the Middle East I pay $100 per year for about 20 HD channels,

including the Barclay Premier League and and F1 races.

Just to try and put prices into perspective

To the OP, I also have the Platinum scheme. The high definition channels will cost extra. I have just talked to Truevisions and was told that they will have the 11 high definition channels for those with satellite receivers in 2-3 months, which is what I was told 2 months ago, so it is a rolling 2-3 months. It is anticipated that the additional cost for the 11 channels will be THB 490 per month. Now, we get channels 120. 121, and 122 free for 3 months and after that those 3 channels will cost us THB 290 per month.

It is a personal decision. For me, if I could watch American football on one of the 3 channels, I would pay the THB 290 per month. Since that is no longer possible on Truevisions, it isn't worth it to me.

I am on the gold package and when they changed the box in January the techs said the 3 channels on HD are free for 3 months,i have still got them 6 months on so i see it as a bonus until they turn them off or over to the Platinum customers only who will be paying more.

• 1 month later...