Yingluck Bets On Army Calm As Thai Strains Rise

webfact

D'oh! You are wrong again! Doesn't the figure of 75% seem just a little too neat and round - like an approximation for press release. And you accept it as gospel and base your whole calculation around it.

All you had to do was google "election 2006" to get all the accurate figures.

<deleted> Why don't you just admit you were wrong. No, instead you go round and round in little circles trying to divert everybodies attention that your maths and logic are at fault not mine.

Lets go back to your results for PTP votes shall we? 27% of a 65 million population!

Never mind the fact that the eligible voting population is 17.7 million less that.

And you tell me I'm wrong by using 75% turnout figure? OK, actually the final agreed figure is 73.91%

According to EC Secretary-General Dr Suthiphon Thaveechaiyagarn, over 97% of ballots were counted as of 22.00 hrs. There were 73.91% or 34,449,326 people coming out to cast their votes from total 47,018,625 eligible voters.

http://thaifinancial...oncluded-at-73/

Do you want to recalculate that to come up with 27%? Don't bother..................

Honestly, consistent with the amount of population with a decent amount of education (25% or so). You can troll till you're blue in the face, but those who were given money, pushed by their headman, and have little understanding or ability to analyze the motives and past history of the current admin. If you vote due to only pork or egg price issues, you have no business voting. At least they annexed the NE into thailand and no longer Lao, or the Phua Thai votes would have been single digits.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting. Former coup-leader and currently MP Gen Sonthi submits a reconciliation bill and the PM bets on the Army staying calm.

There must be some irony in there, somewhere, somehow blink.png

yes not even Hollywood could make up this story.blink.png

Wonder if he will last stepping out of his "Learjet" into Thai soil?

A bit of a slip of the pen there, my dear chap. It's unto Thai soil wink.png

Shouldn't we try..............onto Thai soil? Uncle rolleyes.gif

Thank you, I stand corrected wai.gif

PS I really have to start a campaign to promote the use of the Dutch language in daily conversation, much easier. Getting into that I can at least do unto others what they do to me wink.png

Thaksin plans to do just that, abolish voting, one party system for Thailand, like China, Russia, N Korea.

The 3rd Reich was to last for a 1000 years, but fell a bit short. Thaksin won't even get close to his 20 years (or was it 30?)

A bit of a slip of the pen there, my dear chap. It's unto Thai soil wink.png

Thanks for the correction.wai.gif

Thaksin plans to do just that, abolish voting, one party system for Thailand, like China, Russia, N Korea.

The 3rd Reich was to last for a 1000 years, but fell a bit short. Thaksin won't even get close to his 20 years (or was it 30?)

If you are referring to an Aquino Welcome, it could well be "into" though most Buddhists go for (to? by?) cremation.

If the situation goes where I think it will, the people of Thailand will soon be begging for military intervention. I wish the Army would get on with it now and save the bloodshed that is inevitably coming.

The army stepping in won't save any bloodshed. It will just change where it's coming from.

I'm sure he meant to say "cause"

No matter the global economic uncertainty and breakdown in Europe, unemployment in the US, stagnation in Japan, slowdown in China, Thailand will rage on. Undaunted and impervious to outside world conditions Its "black economy" will continue to boom, counterfeit IP, fake this and that, payoffs, corruption, drug trade, and endless sex for sale at reasonable prices by world standards. Thailand is a tiger. Hats off to the girls, the real backbone of the Thai economic engine.

Someone should tell Abhisit and his yellow shirt cronies that the Thai people voted against their policies at the last election, an election acknowledged as being fair and democratic. This time the army will not heed the yellowshirt calls for another bloodletting coup.

The Thai people DID NOT vote against Abhisits polices, because they wouldn't know what they were, 75% of Thailand have no Idea----they voted for money-given-known fact, but most importantly voted because they believed Thaksin would make the poor rich in 6 months, DID he ??? NO all they have acieved is more division-in trying to give the fugitive a pardon.

And they voted the way they were paid to vote.

OK. So abolish voting.

Just hand power to Sonthi.

Not abolish voting but vote buying.

The Kingdom is on auto-pilot. Corruption, protectionism, and nationalism have completely obscured the public's realization of the fact (presented today on the BBC, in the context of discussion of the WEF) that Thailand is fundamentally noncompetitive. Twenty-five years ago, Thailand would have continued to attract the majority of investment in Southeast Asia, as it was the West's only ally against communism and it was not a despotic country. Today, there is still much about Thailand to fawn over, but that is changing very fast. Indonesia's population nearly guarantees a massive increase in the country's regional significance. The future of ASEAN will be decided by Myanmar, Indonesia, Singapore, the Philippines, and Malaysia. Thailand will slowly and very gradually fall into an isolated status that guarantees future political and social strife, as Bangkok will make progress while the rest of Thailand looks more like Laos. The proposals to create high-speed rail links to Chiang Mai are fairly comical, considering that few outside Bangkok could contemplate ticket-prices for such infrastructure; they are a rough microcosm of the larger problems of general ignorance and over-extended pride in Thailand. The Yingluck administration and Thaksin's sublime arrogance guarantee further ripples in a system that has extraordinary future "challenges" (deaths) to overcome.

If the rail line is from Bangkok to Chiang Mai what difference does it make if most people outside Bangkok can't afford it. The UK has an extensive rail network but the majority of people can't afford to use it. I'm sure it's being built for the people that can afford it not those that can't. I think it's a superb idea. But you probably prefer Thailand to stay stuck in the past.

Way to go! Use the money of the people of Thailand to build a railway that only the rich can afford, rather than schools, hospitals, improving the railway they have,...............

We'll have a modern 21st century Thailand that the peasants can look at in awe and wonder where they went wrong. Bad choice of parents possibly.

Bad choice of politicians definitely.

No matter the global economic uncertainty and breakdown in Europe, unemployment in the US, stagnation in Japan, slowdown in China, Thailand will rage on. Undaunted and impervious to outside world conditions Its "black economy" will continue to boom, counterfeit IP, fake this and that, payoffs, corruption, drug trade, and endless sex for sale at reasonable prices by world standards. Thailand is a tiger. Hats off to the girls, the real backbone of the Thai economic engine.

Yes indeed, three cheers for the laidontheirbackbone of the Thai economy..............the girls (and the wannabe girls too).

What would this fair land be without 'em?rolleyes.gif