Yellow Shirt Protests Force House To Adjourn Indefinitely

webfact

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To my mind the biggest problem here is the many headed Hydra monster that Thaksin has created. Each time a head was cut of two more grew., these new heads ahave and are developing their own agenda and new monsters which are indeed very different from the ideals and agenda that Thaksin the creator franchised and got others to implement..

The Red Shirts feel peeved due to being cast aside then a grovelling rhetoric from their old sponsor tells them he was misreported due to technical failures, brain failure,on the part of his audience, failure to engage brain prior to speaking and foot in the mouth disease.etc etc.

The Yellow shirted members of society have sen the weakness and exploited it, the average person is also starting to see what this current maladministration aims are.

Those aims are not Designed or are even going to improve the lives of the masses.Rather the opposite we can already see that this current maladministration is but a dictators tool to absolve him and his cronies of blame and furthermore give them carte blanche to plunder and pillage the nation and its people without let or hindrance.

Under this evil scheme indeed the victims becomes the criminals and now the criminal become the victims.

This is a turning point for the country, will it degenerate into a Robert Mugawbe style regime or will a more democratic fledgling society emerge?

Will the military be the catalyst in this action or will it be the assorted political hues coming together in some sort of political patchwork ?

I've been here 21+ years and I am staying for the ride, might be a white knuckle ride, might be a tunnel of love cruise but whatever happens the scenery at the end of the ride is going to be very different from the scenery at the start of that ride.

Democracy is the will of the people.

The people have decided.

The people keep deciding.

The Democrats refuse to accept the will of the people.

The Democrats refuse to accept democracy.

The Democrats are dictators.

your avatar is well chosen.

As is your status

Edited by slim

You can 'bet' who benefits from what all you want. It's just speculation on your part.

Wonder where those Billions are now LOL the people certainly have not benefited from those stolen funds but I bet the Y Shirts have

Dk

Yep typical answer from someone who is clueless

dk

If 'democracy' means passing a law that not only whitewashes the crimes of a scumbag but also gives him billions of taxpayer money, then no I guess I'm not really keen on it.

I'm usually against mobs like these but in this case, good show Yellow Shirts!

Not keen on democracy then?

wai.gifthumbsup.gif

Actually, if the guy had any brains at all he would have served his time (in comfort no doubt) and then handed over his 49 billion without a struggle on the condition that it was used to provide education and health services for the poor and to put into the pot for a major anti-corruption drive. That would have made him a hero to all and given him rthe redemption that he so craves. Thailand would now be at peace, not on the brink of civil war .

I agree with the thrust of your post, but don't anyone kid themselves Taksin would've spent any time, comfortable or ubercomfortable, in the nick. And he of course knows this. Name one dodgy pollie who has? And there've been a lot of them.

As has been explained to me by Thais of every stripe/hue, The only reason he didn't come back then was because he was well aware he would very likely be shot. His support/powerbase were very small at that time and he's been attempting to garner support (up until his recent faux pas it seems to have worked), so strongly, that 'offing' him would be far too disadvantageous to Thailand's reputation for NOT assassinating it's bothersome politicos, in public anyway.

For those of you who continue to portray the PAD as a democratic movement simply (and non-violently) trying to ensure the rule of law, I suggest you read this piece from the Asian Human Rights Commission.

http://www.humanrights.asia/news/ahrc-news/AHRC-STM-298-2008

These people are proto-fascists who want a largely appointed--rather than elected--parliament that would keep power in the hands of the monied elite in Bangkok. And all the time, they pretend that their only motive is to protect the royal institution while demonising the reds as anti-royalist, which is patently untrue.

How any democratically-minded person here can support the PAD is beyond me...

• Like 1

HAHAHA how short peoples memories are

The first thing the coup people did was change all the laws to suit themselves and use them to prosecute Thaksin with trumped up charges

Amazing some people LOL

DK

Absolute garbage

Well it was stolen from him in the first place he should get it back

DK

More garbage

Wonder where those Billions are now LOL the people certainly have not benefited from those stolen funds but I bet the Y Shirts have

Dk

Yet more garbage.

All such garbage in fact I am not even going to bother engaging you. If you must comment on Thai politics can you display a little respect for all the other posters here and go and learn about the events you are claiming to have knowledge about, then by all means comment away. In the middle of yet another political crisis in Thailand off the cuff trolling comments are neither helpful nor appreciated.

Hahahaha Im sure your yellow shirt must be blinding you in your responses LOL

DK

Edited by DiamondKing

I still don't understand why the keep referring to TS as being in "self-exile". Isn't he on the run.

Yes, "self-exile"... it's political double-speak, in lieu of the accurate term "fugitive," by the Thai press since they don't want to alienate half their readership.

On the run/Self exile. He still is a convicted criminal.

The People's Alliance for Democracy keeps trying to disrupt the democratic process and remove democratically elected leaders. I can only assume their name is some kind of attempt at humor.

I don't get involved in Thai politics, but I do think election results should be respected and elected officials allowed to do their jobs.

• Like 1

For those of you who continue to portray the PAD as a democratic movement simply (and non-violently) trying to ensure the rule of law, I suggest you read this piece from the Asian Human Rights Commission.

http://www.humanrigh...RC-STM-298-2008

These people are proto-fascists who want a largely appointed--rather than elected--parliament that would keep power in the hands of the monied elite in Bangkok. And all the time, they pretend that their only motive is to protect the royal institution while demonising the reds as anti-royalist, which is patently untrue.

How any democratically-minded person here can support the PAD is beyond me...

I don't support the PAD, i support the PAD's right to protest within the law, just as i support the red shirt's same right.

When either the reds or the yellows step outside of the law, my support ceases.

How any democratically-minded person here can support the idea of clamping down or preventing peaceful protest is beyond me...

However the disruption that was done today would not of been allowed in a normal country and as soon as they blocked roads etc crowd control would of been put into effect and the police would clear the roads to allow access for MP's to get to work, not only that when was the last time you heard of a real government parliament cancelling meetings, because of protests.

We all know the Yellows the Reds, the thai people, it will end in illegal activities, be in taking over the airport, violence, or both.

Both as bad as each other and deserve themselves.

DK

PS THIS IS A DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED GOVERNMENT just in case you forgot that means the Majority of people in Thailand voted them in and right now the RICH MINORITY are again trying to disrupt the will of the majority of thai people.

Edited by DiamondKing
  • Like 1

It's quite right - Shinawatra is on the run from a prison sentence here in Thailand. That's what this Reconciliation Bill hopes to achieve ultimately - pardons granted, against the decisions of the courts, who make rulings in the name of the King.

That's why everyone's getting all up tight about it.

Let's really make no mistake - Taksin is a convicted criminal, trying to fund his way into a pardon.

Don't forget 46 billion. With the pardon, he'll get that money back as well (most probably).

For 46 billion you can buy a lot som tam

Yingluck will get 900 000 000 back, maybe she can afford to buy Ipads for the school kids?

It's quite right - Shinawatra is on the run from a prison sentence here in Thailand. That's what this Reconciliation Bill hopes to achieve ultimately - pardons granted, against the decisions of the courts, who make rulings in the name of the King.

That's why everyone's getting all up tight about it.

Let's really make no mistake - Taksin is a convicted criminal, trying to fund his way into a pardon.

Don't forget 46 billion. With the pardon, he'll get that money back as well (most probably).

For 46 billion you can buy a lot som tam

DK

blink.png

Its all happening again, same as 2006. Next they will move parliment to Don Muang Airport where the yelowshirt protestor will follow and the red will attack them with granades while they sleep.

Where is this mythical airport,. I have never heard of it, and how could the red shirts throw grenades at people sleeping at a place that does not exist.

I think your belief about 'red shirts' throwing grenades at sleeping people is as misguided as your sense of direction, as far as i can remember nobody was convicted for throwing these grenades although I could be wrong, and I always find it easier to take a post more seriously of it is balanced and highlights the faults and violence from both sides, or are you one of these people that ignores the bombings and violence and damage instigated by the yellow shirts last time round?

Thankfully for all concerned I don't think they have the numbers like they had last time to do any real damage to the country, and one big factor is that this time around I don't think they have the army either.

It would be difficult to be balanced when comparing the violence from both sides when it so different in both quantity and intensity.

Nice of you to admit you could be wrong, as you usually are.

So anybody that disagrees with your nonsense is wrong??

haha, i will bite my tongue, I see you say I am wrong but don't make any effort to prove me wrong, I wonder why?? rolleyes.gif

We can compare violence if you want, one side saw unarmed people slaughtered by the army, while the other side had the backing of the army, go figure.

The yellows were violent, have you forgotten all the clips if them being violent, ruining police officers over, kidnapping police, shooting people that just happened to wander into their area, car bomb on sukhothai road, closing international airports, wrecking government house, pipe bombs found at government house, but yeah in your little league table of violence the reds were more violent so that makes the violence from the yellows ok,

One of us is always wrong and it isn't me, its the blinkered yellow man that is wrong more often as his views are not balanced, I on the other hand can see both sides for the violence that occurred by them and against them, I don't choose to just ignore the violence by the yellows and pretend they were peaceful, I would rather say it as it it, and let me say it again so even you can understand it.

The Yellows and the Reds were both involved in violence, I do not care about your opinion as to who was the most violent, your views are tarnished by your colour and you will never admit to the yellows violence, this is clear, but i am the one that gets things wrong?? haha

Edited by carra

Its all happening again, same as 2006. Next they will move parliment to Don Muang Airport where the yelowshirt protestor will follow and the red will attack them with granades while they sleep.

Where is this mythical airport,. I have never heard of it, and how could the red shirts throw grenades at people sleeping at a place that does not exist.

I think your belief about 'red shirts' throwing grenades at sleeping people is as misguided as your sense of direction, as far as i can remember nobody was convicted for throwing these grenades although I could be wrong, and I always find it easier to take a post more seriously of it is balanced and highlights the faults and violence from both sides, or are you one of these people that ignores the bombings and violence and damage instigated by the yellow shirts last time round?

Thankfully for all concerned I don't think they have the numbers like they had last time to do any real damage to the country, and one big factor is that this time around I don't think they have the army either.

Mate, Don Mueang is on the way out to Rang Sit in direction of Ayuthaya. It was Bangkok's main airport before Suvarnabhumi was opened. And the reds did throw grenades at the yellow shirts (from the freeway) and not just once. And just because no one was arrested for it (there were thousands of people on the street) doesn't man it didn't happen. Maybe if you don't know the facts you should be quiet!!!

Edited by pacovl46

Whilst disagreeing with Carra on each and every post, iI believe you are calling 'commie' (stupid word, are you American?)

Over my many years here, I have heard the word 'commie' used by intellectually challenged Americans only, to refer to everything from almost any type of social program to the bloody Florida Library using 'tax dollars' to fund free access to it's, I would say, much needed services.

The word is a misunderstood epithet mostly by those with limited education (have you ever heard Naom Chomsky or Gore Vidal, both educated, intelligent Amercans) use that stupid ignorant word? So yes, it is used by the types of Americans who wouldn't be able to define it's meaning but merely parrot it from their predominantly Republican rallies. Can you enlighten us as to what it means to the likes of you?

Edited by silsburyhill

Its all happening again, same as 2006. Next they will move parliment to Dongguan Airport where the yelowshirt protestor will follow and the red will attack them with granades while they sleep.

I think you are a commie hack, unless you just so happen to like 5 point stars and red/yellow motifs. Your mistaken affinity for the red-shirts is transparent, as is your attempt at logic via discourse. You see a typo someone made about an airport and that's your basis for your entire argument against so-called yellow shirts. Also, you underestimate the power of human division -probably because you come from somewhere really repressed. Or worse, somewhere too free to actually understand anything with much depth.

The reds and yellows are both a childish set, Thais are showing their political nature, just as those from all countries where polarity seems to be the reigning factor. Both sides indeed have quite enough power to rip this country apart. How would you know who the Army sides with?

Instead of seizing on such polarity, -try to exert some balance and actually help the world with some insight, -or, go back to waiting in line for your rations with your comrades. And don't led Vladimir Putin trick you into any "deliveries" -stay away from that Polonium-210!

Whilst disagreeing with Carra on each and every post, iI believe you are calling 'commie' (stupid word, are you American?) Taksin, a self vested/interested billionaire laughable and has absolutely nothing to do with the ideals of communism, to which, as a misanthropist, I do not personally subscribe, but find the insane piggery of rampant capitalism equally bad.

I suggest you educate yourself. Marx would be a good start.

PS The PAD never threw grenades, the red shirts were lobbing them over the wall of Government House at the PAD.

And I suggest he looks at the badge more closely so he might actually understand it whistling.gif

How can you be a 'Senior Member' of this forum without knowing where Don Muang Airport is?

Just sayin'

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif
  • Like 1

How can you be a 'Senior Member' of this forum without knowing where Don Muang Airport is?

Just sayin'

By being deliberately obtuse about a typo.

ooooooooooo get you haha

However the disruption that was done today would not of been allowed in a normal country and as soon as they blocked roads etc crowd control would of been put into effect and the police would clear the roads to allow access for MP's to get to work, not only that when was the last time you heard of a real government parliament cancelling meetings, because of protests.

In a "normal country" they have trained and professional riot police that have the skills to break up protests using the minimum amount of force necessary. They step in when protesters start breaking the law. Thailand doesn't have that trained and professional riot police, and at the moment, it doesn't need it.

PS THIS IS A DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED GOVERNMENT just in case you forgot that means the Majority of people in Thailand voted them in and right now the RICH MINORITY are again trying to disrupt the will of the majority of thai people.

P.P.S. Just because a government gets voted in, doesn't mean they get given carte blanche to do whatever they please. They have a responsibility not just to the people who voted for them, but for all Thais.

Edited by rixalex
  • Like 1

HAHAHA how short peoples memories are

The first thing the coup people did was change all the laws to suit themselves and use them to prosecute Thaksin with trumped up charges

Amazing some people LOL

DK

Absolute garbage

DK

More garbage

Dk

Yet more garbage.

All such garbage in fact I am not even going to bother engaging you. If you must comment on Thai politics can you display a little respect for all the other posters here and go and learn about the events you are claiming to have knowledge about, then by all means comment away. In the middle of yet another political crisis in Thailand off the cuff trolling comments are neither helpful nor appreciated.

wai.gif

Mate, Don Mueang is on the way out to Rang Sit in direction of Ayuthaya. It was Bangkok's main airport before Suvarnabhumi was opened. And the reds did throw grenades at the yellow shirts (from the freeway) and not just once. And just because no one was arrested for it (there were thousands of people on the street) doesn't man it didn't happen. Maybe if you don't know the facts you should be quiet!!!

i know, he edited his post, it didn't say Don Muang, i was being cheeky. As for the grenades, could the yellows have done it themselves, just like the reds were accused of shooting their own?

Can you see my point, no proof so we can't be certain, if you can't understand simple logic maybe you should be quiet whistling.gif

In a "normal country" they have trained and professional riot police that have the skills to break up protests using the minimum amount of force necessary.

P.P.S. Just because a government gets voted in, doesn't mean they get given carte blanche to do whatever they please. They have a responsibility not just to the people who voted for them, but for all Thais.

Except in Thailand biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

are you saying the previous Government did not have carte blanche come on you people Thai governments are all the same no matter what color shirts they are wearing

DK

Edited by DiamondKing
  • Like 1

Whilst disagreeing with Carra on each and every post, iI believe you are calling 'commie' (stupid word, are you American?)

IOver my many years here, I have heard the word 'commie' used by intellectually challenged Americans only, to refer to everything from almost any type of social program to the bloody Florida Library using 'tax dollars' to fund free access to it's, I would say, much needed services.

The word is a misunderstood epithet mostly to those with limited education (have you ever heard Naom Chomsky or Gore Vidal, both educated, intelligent Amercans) use that stupid ignorant word? So yes, it is used by the types of Americans who wouldn't be able to define it's meaning but merely parrot it from their predominantly Republican rallies. Can you enlighten us as to what it means to the likes of you?

I appreciate your sharpened pencil. It initially sounded like a generalized blunderbuss in the Colonies' direction.

Edited by bbradsby

There is a lot to learn about democraty here. People need to understand that being democratically elected does not give anybody the right to put themselves above the law. Changing law is not an option either on a long term.

Street protests are a legitimate tool, if lawfully conducted. Blocking PM's from entering their place of work is surely not lawful. Neither is blocking parts of the city and hindering ordinary businesses from doing their work.

Being in charge of running a country means also to respect the political minority as well as all groups in society. If a bill causes or is likely to cause a bigger rift in society, it should not be considered. Even though the majority could pass the bill.

Finally to TS, I believe he was convicted because he did something dishonest. He was not convicted because of his political agenda, believes and ideas. Really don't understand why an option for amnesty is even considered.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 2

Just like I said a few days ago. Here we go again. Then after the yellow shirts have destroyed parliment house they will move to the airports again, this time it will kill all tourism for Thailand for years. And through on top of that a possible coo coming ( sorry cant spell).

No you can't spell and are also ignorant. Were you even here then? The PAD did not 'destroy' parliament house, as you put it, and for the zillionth time: They organised a demonstration at the airport when they'd had wind of the imminent arrival of Taksin. They were then forced into the terminal by the red shirt contingent paid for by Taksin, and the Taksin friendly police.

Dear God. I do wish some of you would bother to go back and research the exhaustively documented FACTS leading up to this event before shooting your stupid mouths off.

So much wrong with this post, I don't even know where to start laugh.png

here educate yourself, read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Alliance_for_Democracy