Bbq Hunt - Buy Or Build?

SoloFlyer

Longan wood is a type of sweet fruit wood trees and pretty much plentiful in Chiang Mai. For something else you can also buy import wood chips from Rimping for wood chip smoker pouch

I really liked smoking pork when I lived in Southern California. Mesquite and Hickory were the popular woods you could buy, what is available here in Chiang Mai?

• Like 1

no prob Solo, yeah didn't think about the gas part when the thought of Cajun cookin' was running around my brain. Kaptin it's the cook not the cooker that will cook things perfectly. A bbq or oven is basically a metal box with a heat source, I once was cooking a classical French dinner for a private party and the gas went out, so no oven or burners, and wound up poaching the salmon in the coffee maker, making the shrimp in the toaster oven and making an emulsion sauce in the blender, don't forget a bad workman blames his tools! Pedcat, lamayai (logan) is also readily avail. and good for smoking. Most fruit woods are but you might find that some are quite subtle and more suitable for fish ect. In a mnth or two the lamyai will be picked and the trees pruned, a perfect time to get some cheap wood. I also make charcoal out of it, you welcome to prune my trees for all the wood you can carry!