Must Be An Inspiration To Copy

rich54321

I was amazed to see in the Rimping stores in Chiangmai that sausagking has put on his products a copied variation of the other curry companies labels including the layout and ingredients on the back – just amazing – why not think about your own design SK?

• Like 2

SK is galloping along faster than Seabiscuit,,,,,,,,,he will soon have the pie situation in Chiang Mai all to himself..........mainly through hard work, listening to customers and being innovative.

• Like 1

Sounds to me like he is integrating very well into aspects of Thai business culture.

Yep looks like - copy everybody's work - no scruples i reckon!

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

It is only a bit of packaging. I have found with curry sauces and the like so many of the packets look the same. I wouldn't worry too much about it. If the guy does a good uality product it pays to support him so he keeps on keeping on!

Sounds to me like he is integrating very well into aspects of Thai business culture.

Yep looks like - copy everybody's work - no scruples i reckon!

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

It is only a bit of packaging. I have found with curry sauces and the like so many of the packets look the same. I wouldn't worry too much about it. If the guy does a good uality product it pays to support him so he keeps on keeping on!

Can't think of anyone who tries harder to accommodate people.

SK is definitely an asset to Chiang Mai and if you buy direct, you'll be surprised how cheap his pies really are.

FYI. He is the competitor that has been copied.

Having somebody copy your idea is not a good feeling and in this part of the world is almost impossible to pursue, but keep in mind that certain basics of advertising and packaging can reasonably be seen as "generic" and not necessary copying.

• Like 1

I haven't tried the original's or SK's offering of curries, so I can't say if either is better than the other. But your statement begs the question: How do you know that "he's got this particular market sewn up."

I really don't think SK has much to worry about. he's got this particular market sewn up.

• Like 1

I really don't think SK has much to worry about. he's got this particular market sewn up.

You think??????

Errrrm! I wonder?

A person would only copy from the best - they wouldn't copy anything that wasn't any good!!

• Like 1

You think??????

Errrrm! I wonder?

A person would only copy from the best - they wouldn't copy anything that wasn't any good!!

If he is copying and it is from the best, then we're paying a lot less for the best.

I haven't tried the original's or SK's offering of curries, so I can't say if either is better than the other. But your statement begs the question: How do you know that "he's got this particular market sewn up."

+1 If he was that confident of sewing up the market...why would he be so afraid enough to copy someone else's product. Because it is superior and competition. Dirty tactics methinks!!

• Like 1

+1 If he was that confident of sewing up the market...why would he be so afraid enough to copy someone else's product. Because it is superior and competition. Dirty tactics methinks!!

Whose superior product has he copied?

Whose superior product has he copied?

Answer you own question Uptheos. The post is fairly clear. Normally I would support most of your posts. But why has SK copied someone else's product as posted by the OP. If one's own product was selling well, there would be no need to copy some else's. Maybe fear of competition that is doing well. A rhetorical question for the public. Edited by Raindancer
  • Like 1

All good advertising for Sausage King clap2.gif ..... did anyone consider the possibility that Rob used the same design/print shop or the graphic designer was responsible?

Aussie meat pies, cornish pasties, bacon, ham, curries .... I'm getting hungry again!

Answer you own question Uptheos. The post is fairly clear. Normally I would support most of your posts. But why has SK copied someone else's product as posted by the OP. If one's own product was selling well, there would be no need to copy some else's. Maybe fear of competition that is doing well. A rhetorical question for the public.

OK I'll leave this one for those who accuse SK.........I'm out of here

Answer you own question Uptheos. The post is fairly clear. Normally I would support most of your posts. But why has SK copied someone else's product as posted by the OP. If one's own product was selling well, there would be no need to copy some else's. Maybe fear of competition that is doing well. A rhetorical question for the public.

OK I'll leave this one for those who accuse SK.........I'm out of here

Not accusing! Just being impartial and seeking fairness of competition based upon written evidence from posts. Like you I am outta here too. Chok Di

Edited by Raindancer

Impartial?? Someone comes on here and, without any evidence, accuses SK of copying another company's label (even with the ingredients on the back! Shock!), and you then accuse SK of copying someone else's product! Using a similar label - and, lets face it, does anyone but the OP think it's similar? - is FAR from copying their "product".

More like jumping on the tall poppy bandwagon than being impartial...

Don't worry SK, I know the deal here. You've offered an excellent service that lives up to its promise and a lot of people are jealous that they have... well, nothing!

I know what it is like to work hard to get an excellent name for yourself and have those who are inferior, business wise, criticize and put words in your mouth,

I know you're genuine SK, as the saying goes, "it takes on to know one"

I must admit I don't understand who is the copier and who is the copiee (do those works exisit?) but clearly someone needs a good trademark and copyright attorney.

As someone involved with marketing management for products of a Fortune 50 company, I must say we were never flattered when another business copied our products, promotional material, website, even the colors we used for brand recognition. in 95% of the cases all it took was a "nasty-gram" from our lawyers to get them to stop their objectionable practices.

The "copyee" needs something more than friends posting on Thai Visa forum to register his complaint.

Edited by NancyL

My goodness, NancyL. You seem to have a bee in your bonnet! biggrin.png

And isn't there another active amazingly popular thread ad nauseam on sausage and its marketing in Chiang Ma including mashed potatoes and so on?

Fascinating what gut issues people have!

My goodness, NancyL. You seem to have a bee in your bonnet! biggrin.png

And isn't there another active amazingly popular thread ad nauseam on sausage and its marketing in Chiang Ma including mashed potatoes and so on?

Fascinating what gut issues people have!

Yes there is...and it got me to place an order.

Impartial?? Someone comes on here and, without any evidence, accuses SK of copying another company's label (even with the ingredients on the back! Shock!), and you then accuse SK of copying someone else's product! Using a similar label - and, lets face it, does anyone but the OP think it's similar? - is FAR from copying their "product".

More like jumping on the tall poppy bandwagon than being impartial...

looked amazingly similar to me

I must admit I don't understand who is the copier and who is the copiee (do those works exisit?) but clearly someone needs a good trademark and copyright attorney.

As someone involved with marketing management for products of a Fortune 50 company, I must say we were never flattered when another business copied our products, promotional material, website, even the colors we used for brand recognition. in 95% of the cases all it took was a "nasty-gram" from our lawyers to get them to stop their objectionable practices.

The "copyee" needs something more than friends posting on Thai Visa forum to register his complaint.

It seems he does have something else...... He has Gorman on his side..... Each will have to form their own opinion if this is good or if this is the kiss of death.

But please, please Rob ,,,,,,,don't copy and start spamming tongue.pngtongue.png