Laser Eye Surgery

ruddy2000

My eye sight is not that bad at -0.75 but It does annoy me making me tired to focus on distant things, reading signs, TV etc

So I was wondering how much is laser eye in Thailand? I've heard that in other county's its a case of in and out within a lunchtime and your original eye sight is restored by way of laser skimming of the top layer off the eye

Is this affordable in LOS? If so where?

Edited by ruddy2000

I can't tell you where in Thailand, but can give you some insight. I had only one eye lasiked since I didn't need reading glasses. Its called monovision. It great not needing glasses, especially if you are a golfer or tennis player and no sweat dripping on your glasses. You will need to put drops in your eyes for a period of time both before and after your surgery. The surgery, itself only lasts a minute, just a few laser zaps. I can now read and see distance without the need of glasses and can also shop for sun glasses for the very first time off the rack. That became addicting for a while. I recommend that you do it. Its been five years for me, and when the time comes that I can't read without reading glasses, I will have the other eye lasiked

Sent from my AT100 using Thaivisa Connect App

I can't tell you where in Thailand, but can give you some insight. I had only one eye lasiked since I didn't need reading glasses. Its called monovision. It great not needing glasses, especially if you are a golfer or tennis player and no sweat dripping on your glasses. You will need to put drops in your eyes for a period of time both before and after your surgery. The surgery, itself only lasts a minute, just a few laser zaps. I can now read and see distance without the need of glasses and can also shop for sun glasses for the very first time off the rack. That became addicting for a while. I recommend that you do it. Its been five years for me, and when the time comes that I can't read without reading glasses, I will have the other eye lasiked

Sent from my AT100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Thanks for the info!

Any idea on the price? (Even outside of Thailand)

I believe you'll find prices listed on their website.

Re the in and out within lunchtime bit...sort of. The procedure is that quick, but your eye(s) will need to be patched until follow up appointment with the doc next day. and then after that for about 2 weeks your vision will flunctuate before stabilizing.

if you are having only 1 eye done you could possibly avoid any downtime but most people do best to take off until the patch is removed i.e. a day or so.

I had the surgery and am very happy with it, but I was -12 in my good eye and worse in the other. For -.75, personally I would not bother, I'd just get a pair of prescription sunglasses for driving and other times that I needed good distance vision and leave it at that.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having it done next Tuesday. Both eye correction as I didn't feel too good with mono-vision simulation.

Yes, I will probably have to have reading glasses still but I'm quite happy with that.

Not having to have glasses on all my wakening hours and to be able to drive, swim and snorkel without expensive corrective lenses is going to make a big difference to me. 49K .

• 1 year later...