Msft Programs - Can Change From Thai To English Language?

maidu

I just got my computer fixed. prior hard drive broke, so got a new one under warranty. Microsoft OS (xp) was installed. I have no love for msft, but that's what I'm used to. Thai version of WORD got installed.

How can I change it to English language from Thai? ....or do I need to simply get an English version of Word?

Also, when this happens, I usually go and get a pirated version of Front Page from a local shop. It's an old version, but again, I'm used to it, and I don't mind older style html. Any suggestions for a web page making program without too many whistles and bells?

Incidentally, I still use a photo software which is 14 years old. I've looked at newer programs, but they're too complicated (for me). Perhaps the people making software would consider making one version for byte-heads and another simpler version for fuddy duddies like me. Similarly, no one makes a mobile phone (that I've seen) with a clear display with large numbers (or a ring tone which sounds like a nice old bell-tingling phone). Also in that vein: a newspaper with larger font (except a NY newspaper). Sorry, am getting off on too many tangents.

Go to pirate bay and download office 2010. Once you've got 2007 installed you can "upgrade it using this disc.

Sent via greenteeth wireless

Edited by sirchai

You need the English specific version of Word.

For a web program try Express Web 4, it is Microsoft's update of FrontPage in order to compete with the likes of Dreamweaver. It still has the FrontPage familiarity though.

Try this:

1. Select the entire document with CTRL/A.

2. Click the Review tab on the Ribbon.

3. Click the Set Language icon.

4. Select English

5. Click OK.

If this doesn't work for new text entered, do the above, but click the Default button. This will set English as the default language, but also for new documents. You'll have to switch back to your choice for other languages.

You may have to also set your O/S language to English if you haven't already.

Try this:

1. Select the entire document with CTRL/A.

2. Click the Review tab on the Ribbon.

3. Click the Set Language icon.

4. Select English

5. Click OK.

If this doesn't work for new text entered, do the above, but click the Default button. This will set English as the default language, but also for new documents. You'll have to switch back to your choice for other languages.

You may have to also set your O/S language to English if you haven't already.

And that will make all the menus in Word in English will it?

No.

He has a new installation of XP in English, and a new installation of word in Thai.

I heartily endorse the suggestion to toss MSOffice and get LibreOffice.

But am surprised that you got the new hard disk with XP. If you could upgrade to Win7

(and I just use win7 starter), there is a facility for using both Eng and Thai. AA