Buying A Laptop In Korat

Ollie

I did a search of the forum first, but couldn't find anything.

Can anyone help? Its for the fiancee. She's identified a compaq for 39,000, which seems well kitted out and another, that she thinks may have been sold, can't think of make off the top of my head, for 34,000.

I'd appreciate any pointers on whether these are good prices? Her knowledge is restricted to internet cafes and mine isn't a lot better and I'm a long way away!

Any idea of a good reliable place to buy from? Especially if the purchase can be made over 12/24 months?

A laptop is needed rather than a PC. Nothing state of the art, but enough to send photos / videos. I guess she'd like a DVD player, which I imagine is pretty standard? The compaq had a 14.1" screen, so I imagine anything larger would pump the price up?

I wondered whether to post this in the Issan forum?

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks.

Hi ,

visited recently the Mall in Khorat n they got plenty of Hardware to choose from. They offer also hire purchase .

I believe other stores like Lotus/Carrefour/BigC offer same or similar offers .

I'm not aware if Khorat has it's own version of Puntip Plaza , but may be others can provide some advise .

I would go for 14.1 screen which is big enough , I personally use a 15 screen , but the size of LapTop is way to big . DVD Combo is a good std n should be included .

Good Luck