TrueVisions' Subscribers Outraged As TV Screens Goes Blank During EURO 2012

webfact

GmmZ box might be only 900 baht but you need to install a satellite dish first and those aren't cheap, considering there's nothing to watch on GMM except the Euros.

All previous World Cups and Euros were always broadcast by True on free TV channels, this is the first time that someone is blocking free TV content on True, so people need to buy either new dishes or new old style antennas they thrown away ages ago when they subscribed to True.

Btw, most of those antennas as well as Gmm boxes are made by the same company - Samart.

Or True should just come to a financial agreement with GMM who did after all pay for the Thai viewing rights. True did not pay BUT they charge us to view. Also it was stated that True was offered joint bidding but refused. There you go. GMM are still offering the football free just not to True.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

Not free you have to buy the box.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GmmZ box might be only 900 baht but you need to install a satellite dish first and those aren't cheap, considering there's nothing to watch on GMM except the Euros.

All previous World Cups and Euros were always broadcast by True on free TV channels, this is the first time that someone is blocking free TV content on True, so people need to buy either new dishes or new old style antennas they thrown away ages ago when they subscribed to True.

Btw, most of those antennas as well as Gmm boxes are made by the same company - Samart.

Or True should just come to a financial agreement with GMM who did after all pay for the Thai viewing rights. True did not pay BUT they charge us to view. Also it was stated that True was offered joint bidding but refused. There you go. GMM are still offering the football free just not to True.

True has never paid for anything and they have always charged us. Nothing new with that. Thailand have learned from all the rest of the world. It is always about the money.
  • Like 1

Anyone know whether an English commentary will be available?

This has been a problem in the past as the rights holder has to pay extra for the rights to a English commentary and as most of the viewers are Thai, they don;t always think it is a worthwhile outlay.

Even when True first started broadcasting the EPL there was no English commentary, but then they decided to make the extra investment.

There was never any English commentary for the 2006 World Cup, even though all the games were live on terrestrial TV. On 2012 I think we had it, but now it is a new ball game with Grammy's involvement. (excuse the pun).

The box comes with the subscription. If you don't have access to a dish you have to buy the dish.

Funny man mister Paiboon. One of the richest Thai people around but a man who never seem to pay his own bills, not even for his domestic people. Paiboon and money is a strange thing.Paiboon obviously want to make money twice. Once through the Free to Air channels which pay for it and than again from a company that relays the free to air channels. The quality is still lousy (No HD) and we still have to suffer the same silly ads. So it is typically the Nation that finds it only normal that there is paid for twice. Wondering what Grammy is going to do with all those small cable companies in Pattaya and up country? They should treat all equally.

• Like 1

So, if you watch Thai 'terrestrial' TV via True, you won't see a thing. If you watch Thai 'terrestrial TV via either Cable or aerial, you'll see it. Presumably, you're going to get stuck with Thai commentary, though.

Hope that Astrosport 2 or 3, via Cable, will show some of the games, too.

They sure are showing all the games on Astro as I saw endless adverts on Astro when I was down in Malaysia last month.

I'll be relying on streams from India or the Middle East for the English commentary.

Is this GRAMMY Box really that easy to install?

I currently have a gold package with TRUE that has a red dish on the roof

Can someone please tell me how I can set up this GRAMMY box

Please advise where I can purchase the box?

What is the name on the GRAMMY box that I need to purchase?

And how can I install it myself

Thanks in advance

If you have access to any dish at all it is plug and play, literally.

That's not what happened to me. I bought the box, plugged in the cable from my True Visions red satellite dish but get error 52 and am unable to tune in any programs. GMM Call Center say I have to reposition my dish - which will mess up my True Visions reception!

Except you do NOT NEED to buy a box. You just need to watch it on standard TV. Channel 3 etc.

Can anyone be surprised. Grammy obviously has a business model and True Visions does not. ASN disappeared without warning, losing out again to Grammy. True Visions really does not offer customer service only limited overpriced subscriber options. Now the competition begins but until True Visions disappears only viewers will suffer.

• Like 2

7-11, BIG C and Tesco arec selling the GMM Z Box for 1595 baht.

Paiboon isn't this the guy who wanted to buy the Bangkok post about eight years ago? Anyway I have long since gotten rid of True-- a true rip off and stream all sports via the Net it is the way forward much more choice.

Paiboon isn't this the guy who wanted to buy the Bangkok post about eight years ago? Anyway I have long since gotten rid of True-- a true rip off and stream all sports via the Net it is the way forward much more choice.

+1

I have zero interest in soccer - or, for that matter, most sports - on TV, preferring to do rather than view.

But whichever - and it is probably both - company is at fault with regard to a blank Euro 2012, where True Visions is concerned, they employ one of the - if not the - most irrational, inconsistent and incompetent programming departments of any TV company, anywhere. Just one example is their ignorance of the concept of how a series - be it drama, comedy, or any other genre - should be run, as evidenced by their recent showing of Strike Back on channel 44, which showed repeat episodes so often, even before the series had run its short course, that it should have been retitled Belch Back. Or their earlier Midsomer Murders, where their ability to introduce, then reintroduce and re-reintroduce characters, would have done credit to the recycling industry.

And I won't mention ads, which often extend a programme's runtime by 40%.

If Grammy ultimately turns out to be guilty as charged, True will almost certainly prove to have been culpable.

Edited by JohnAllan

Cannot see what all the fuss is about. Just gives me a great excuse to sit in the local 'Pub' in Chiang Mai with a pint of Amber Nectar and watch it on a large screen.

not sure if there will be any pubs open in cnk at the time the games kick off,as most k.o. times 7.45 found one big hotel screening the games though.

I hv been watching the world cup through astro all this while and dont hv any problem.

And i do know astro do hv the euro and olympic broadcast live this year too.

Good for me to hv the astro. Others i'm not too sure... biggrin.png

Unfortunately the Fans of Football that were laughing at the fans of American Football last year in October when True stopped the programming of the ASN network, now on GMM Grammy, are finding out what it is like to make plans and have them ruined. All the programing on the GMM Z box in English is at least 2 years old except for live broadcasting and the Thai channels. I have subscribed to the internet for all the sports programming that I watch, Nascar, Baseball, and NFL American Football. It is all in HD and all you need to view it on your tv is get an HDMI cable, plug it in to your computer and your tv and tell your computer that you have 2 screens. You might have to get a computer pro to help you with this part, but it is beautiful. I don't watch football (soccer) so I don't know what is available for it on the internet.

True has made their bed and now will have to sleep in it. GMM Grammy is out to get True. And after all they have taken away from us I don't blame them. Hell it's only 900 Baht for the GMM box and you pay at least 1400 baht to get sports on True. If you want HD it's way more than that. Personally I am my own director and producer and I pay less for the internet connection for the sports than a 1 year subscription for True Sports.

Good Luck Everybody

What is the site you use for streaming sport, iv been looking for a good one as I don't have true

I can guarantee that Thai Expat TV has more than enough bandwidth to cope with high volume of traffic expected during the Euro 2012 championships, and beyond. The system was designed specifically for a large number of Thailand expats community to view UK TV in high quality.

I give a dam_n less about soccer, True Vision screwed us American Fans about two years ago when they took real Football and other sports off the air once again over money. True Vision really has no vision for the future.

Define real football. The real game was invented in England in the late 1800's. I think that you would have been riding around shooting Injuns at that time.

I agree with your comment on True visions though.

• Like 1

I give a dam_n less about soccer, True Vision screwed us American Fans about two years ago when they took real Football and other sports off the air once again over money. True Vision really has no vision for the future.

True about True except your reference to real football where guys in armor and helmets clash each other running along the pitch with dinosaur egg... :D

Really guys, I don't understand the fuss, it's only football, and even then, it's the WRONG shape, now if it was a more manly game like Australian Rules Football, I could understand the fuss. lol

• Like 1

I've just bought a set-top box from thaiexpat.tv for 8,000 baht with a 12 month subscription. There are 8 uk channels streamed live and with 2 time delays. Servers are based in Thailand so a 3mb line does a great job.

The box has a HDMI port, etherenet port and a digital audio if want to listen in surrond sound. It's like an apple tv, with on screen graphics where you use a remote to flick through the channels.

You don't have to have a box, you can use a PC to get the software. Visit the websiteto see for yourself or sign up for a 2 day trial.

I'm cancelling True as it's too expensive and doesn't have what I want to watch.

This sounds what I have been looking for, except is there a setup or company offering T.V. from the U.S.A. ??? I am tired of paying platium rates for true t.v. crapola... Thanks in advance!

tHANKS FOR THE QUICK RESPONSE!!!

Edited by metisdead

I've just bought a set-top box from thaiexpat.tv for 8,000 baht with a 12 month subscription. There are 8 uk channels streamed live and with 2 time delays. Servers are based in Thailand so a 3mb line does a great job.

The box has a HDMI port, etherenet port and a digital audio if want to listen in surrond sound. It's like an apple tv, with on screen graphics where you use a remote to flick through the channels.

You don't have to have a box, you can use a PC to get the software. Visit the websiteto see for yourself or sign up for a 2 day trial.

I'm cancelling True as it's too expensive and doesn't have what I want to watch.

This sounds what I have been looking for, except is there a setup or company offering T.V. from the U.S.A. ??? I am tired of paying platium rates for true t.v. crapola... Thanks in advance!

The Thai Expat TV service will be launching US channels & on demand programs later in 2012.

The Thai Expat TV service will be launching US channels & on demand programs later in 2012.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!! MUSIC TO MY EARS!!!!!!!!!!