TrueVisions' Subscribers Outraged As TV Screens Goes Blank During EURO 2012

webfact

I've just bought a set-top box from thaiexpat.tv for 8,000 baht with a 12 month subscription. There are 8 uk channels streamed live and with 2 time delays. Servers are based in Thailand so a 3mb line does a great job.

The box has a HDMI port, etherenet port and a digital audio if want to listen in surrond sound. It's like an apple tv, with on screen graphics where you use a remote to flick through the channels.

You don't have to have a box, you can use a PC to get the software.

I'm cancelling True as it's too expensive and doesn't have what I want to watch.

Full of amateurishly disguised ref-links. Original links on page one in his post. Ban please!

Edited by MaikB84

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way things are looking it may be a blessing if your an England fan, 3 injuries since the squad was announced.....

Then again knowing England they will probably romp home as there is no pressure or expectation on them.....

Follow this link and all the free to air channels can be obtained MCOT is channel 9

You can either use an HDMI cable or plug in to your RGB socket at the back of the TV.

Sound can be transferred via your speakers output to the separate sound RGB socket.

Costs 200 to 300 baht for the necessary cables.

www.thaiptv.com

Is anyone actually using this Thai Expat TV service mentioned earlier in this thread by what appeared to be people trying to promote this service?

Having checked the website out it appears to be a valid IPTV streaming solution with decent UK content and a fairly low monthly subscription but does it actually work/ is it legal?

I'm fed up paying Truevisions through the nose for their "services"; what sort of company hands out HD PVRs with no built in PVR and naff all HD content?! Then makes you shell out extra monthly fees to record once you've purchased your own HDD... that's right, they expect you to pay monthly fees for the privilege of recording content to your own HDD!!!

Extra monthly fees for HD... 3x flipping channels, sports and HBO content already exist in SD and the 3rd channel is some sort of ridiculous parody of TV... are you joking?

It's about time someone offered a suitable alternative to ex pats in Thailand, is Thai Expat TV a potential solution? Only real experiences please.

Is anyone actually using this Thai Expat TV service mentioned earlier in this thread by what appeared to be people trying to promote this service?

Having checked the website out it appears to be a valid IPTV streaming solution with decent UK content and a fairly low monthly subscription but does it actually work/ is it legal?

I'm fed up paying Truevisions through the nose for their "services"; what sort of company hands out HD PVRs with no built in PVR and naff all HD content?! Then makes you shell out extra monthly fees to record once you've purchased your own HDD... that's right, they expect you to pay monthly fees for the privilege of recording content to your own HDD!!!

Extra monthly fees for HD... 3x flipping channels, sports and HBO content already exist in SD and the 3rd channel is some sort of ridiculous parody of TV... are you joking?

It's about time someone offered a suitable alternative to ex pats in Thailand, is Thai Expat TV a potential solution? Only real experiences please.

Been trying all afternoon with their free trail vs a VPN solution i pay for already.

Location, Rawai Phuket.

Here goes :

Tot 6mbit

Thai expat tv : Nothing, black screen tested all channels

Using overplay VPN on itv channel 2 on itv.com website: partly streaming - a lot of buffering.

Truevision docsis 10mbit

Using overplay VPN on itv channel 2 on itv.com website: streaming - almost no buffering

Ais 3G

Using overplay VPN on itv channel 2 on itv.com website: streaming - almost no buffering

Conclusion, at the moment Thai expat tv may be down - in any case it did not work at all for me yet.

And howcome they dont even have SKY as well ?

Neighboor have a Swedish TV solution, where all the Swedish tv channels are in some way streamed to Bangkok servers and then you sign up for their service and you can get that signal from Bangkok even on a 3bb 6mbit line ( what he has currently ) And this works very well. He has 10 or so channels.

Local un named pizza shop have a similar system in place for all the German tv channels and that works very well too.

And there is at least 30 channels.

True is really a true problem. It's a bunch of bandits who don't give a damned shit about its customers unless for paying and continue to pay.

I am now already in a legal dispute with them (after I stopped the contract due to their side breaching the contract) and will bring them down to my level whether they like it or not. Fed up with these crooked bandits. I have now a satellite TV connection with magic box with exactly the same programs as with TRUE but at 12% of the price! Why you want to go on with TRUE... you can have it at barely 1/8 of the price if you have a speed internet connection (>6mb/sec).

True is really a true problem. It's a bunch of bandits who don't give a damned shit about its customers unless for paying and continue to pay.

I am now already in a legal dispute with them (after I stopped the contract due to their side breaching the contract) and will bring them down to my level whether they like it or not. Fed up with these crooked bandits. I have now a satellite TV connection with magic box with exactly the same programs as with TRUE but at 12% of the price! Why you want to go on with TRUE... you can have it at barely 1/8 of the price if you have a speed internet connection (>6mb/sec).

If magic box = dream box, I wouldn't advertise using an illegal service while in legal dispute with True, certainly don't bring it up in court! As I understand it the dream boxes will stop functioning pretty soon anyway due to new subscription decoding by the same company that do it for Sky in the UK...

• Like 1

I'm a bar owner

Does anybody know if the Grammy box will just broadcast the same Euro 2012 programming as free to air Thai TV or will it have the games on a dedicated sports channel?

Will the matches have "in match adverts"? Will the Grammy box carry "in match adverts" in its programming.

Will the Grammy box have a channel that repeats the matches when the majority of bars are open in the early evening?

Otherwise, I'll just show matches from my cable connection and rak a risk with police.

First - thaiexpattv - it works fine judging by the 2-day free trial which i just signed up for. Quick download of a zip file from an email link, and bang, live uk tv on the pc. But, given the time-difference between the UK and Thailand, i don't quite get the point - the main schedule, say between 7pm and 12 midnight, runs throughout the night in Thailand, so what's the big attraction of live stream tv from that time-zone ? Any programmes mostly created by British companies (60% minimum from memory), can be downloaded for nothing via 'thebox' - and in the case of many regular progs such as the soaps, they are uploaded in the UK by members and ready to view very soon after they finish showing there. Not saying that pay-for systems like thaiexpattv aren't good quality, just that the fees for streaming in the middle of the night might not be worthwhile for everyone.

Been trying all afternoon with their free trail vs a VPN solution i pay for already.

Location, Rawai Phuket.

Here goes :

Tot 6mbit

Using overplay VPN on itv channel 2 on itv.com website: partly streaming - a lot of buffering.

Truevision docsis 10mbit

Ais 3G

Conclusion, at the moment Thai expat tv may be down - in any case it did not work at all for me yet.

And howcome they dont even have SKY as well ?

Neighboor have a Swedish TV solution, where all the Swedish tv channels are in some way streamed to Bangkok servers and then you sign up for their service and you can get that signal from Bangkok even on a 3bb 6mbit line ( what he has currently ) And this works very well. He has 10 or so channels.

Local un named pizza shop have a similar system in place for all the German tv channels and that works very well too.

And there is at least 30 channels.

Thaiexpattv on my laptop right now - perfect. But NOT through a VPN - direct from their server within LOS.

Just signed up for thaiexpattv 2-day free trial - worked perfectly on all Brit. channels, live streaming, but not sure i'd pay for progs running through the night.

First - thaiexpattv - it works fine judging by the 2-day free trial which i just signed up for. Quick download of a zip file from an email link, and bang, live uk tv on the pc. But, given the time-difference between the UK and Thailand, i don't quite get the point - the main schedule, say between 7pm and 12 midnight, runs throughout the night in Thailand, so what's the big attraction of live stream tv from that time-zone ? Any programmes mostly created by British companies (60% minimum from memory), can be downloaded for nothing via 'thebox' - and in the case of many regular progs such as the soaps, they are uploaded in the UK by members and ready to view very soon after they finish showing there. Not saying that pay-for systems like thaiexpattv aren't good quality, just that the fees for streaming in the middle of the night might not be worthwhile for everyone.

Where did you get the email link/ zip file from? I signed up and received no email link or zip file just a password which gives me access to members area but no actual content!

Would like to try it out as an option for live sporting events with real English commentary and no advert breaks crudely cut into the content!

I purchased 3 set top boxes and a satellite dish from GMM/Sky in October 2011 to get ASN as True dropped the channel. I paid 10,000 baht. Today they blocked/scrambled all my sports channels. Coincidentally a GMM salesman came to visit me at my bar in CM and said my boxes are no longer good and he would sell me 3 new boxes, exact replicas of the boxes I had for $18,000 baht. I lost it!! I asked him for a copy of the contract he was offering but he refused to leave me a copy. He tried to say that new company took over. Not true. The number to call to order the new boxes is exactly the same number I called back in October 2011. 028418888. I am positive the boxes are good as I still watch all GMM channels except the sports channels which they blocked today!

I will visit my lawyer tomorrow as something is not right here!

Any advice would be appreciated. Sounds like they are trying to fleece me.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Where did you get the email link/ zip file from? I signed up and received no email link or zip file just a password which gives me access to members area but no actual content!

Would like to try it out as an option for live sporting events with real English commentary and no advert breaks crudely cut into the content!

Ok, after signing up for the 2-day free trial, i received an email with this file in it : http://www.thaiexpat.tv/expat-tv.zip - stuck that into a browser and hit return, which started an immediate download - opened the downloaded zip-file to install their software on my pc - that put an icon on my desktop - double-click the icon, and their Menu-screen comes up. Impressed with the visual+audio quality, and i've only got an average TOT internet service, nothing mega. So you should get more than one email - one confirming your OWN choice of Password, and (confusingly) a second email containing their choice of ID and Password to get the service started - then you use yr own Password from then on - i think! ( only signed up a couple of hours ago.)

• Like 1

Signed up for the free trial yesterday and been using it on and off for last 24 hours.

Not 100% stable - occasional buffering, pixelation and audio distortion. Using 3BB 5MB line.

Presume this will deteriorate further if multiple users online at same time, eg during Euros???

I purchased 3 set top boxes and a satellite dish from GMM/Sky in October 2011 to get ASN as True dropped the channel. I paid 10,000 baht. Today they blocked/scrambled all my sports channels. Coincidentally a GMM salesman came to visit me at my bar in CM and said my boxes are no longer good and he would sell me 3 new boxes, exact replicas of the boxes I had for $18,000 baht. I lost it!! I asked him for a copy of the contract he was offering but he refused to leave me a copy. He tried to say that new company took over. Not true. The number to call to order the new boxes is exactly the same number I called back in October 2011. 028418888. I am positive the boxes are good as I still watch all GMM channels except the sports channels which they blocked today!

Gmm Grammy called me to get the numbers of my box at home. They told me they would start charging in June and that I should call them to get the payment done and my boxes turned back on. I believe the man that wanted to seel you more was a scam. I think you should call GMM at 02-841-8888. I believe this will solve your problems with them. If not sorry for wasting you time.

Gmm Grammy called me to get the numbers of my box at home. They told me they would start charging in June and that I should call them to get the payment done and my boxes turned back on. I believe the man that wanted to seel you more was a scam. I think you should call GMM at 02-841-8888. I believe this will solve your problems with them. If not sorry for wasting you time.

Yes I am trying to get through to them, This man had a GMM business card as well. Many thanks!

That Thaiexpat TV works really well but 7,999 for the set top box??!! No way !

Far too expensive when you've also got to pay a subscription of 600 a month.

Better to just hook up a laptop to the TV and use a bluetooth mouse to change channels.

It was only with a "famous disregard for the rules" that William Webb Ellis picked up the ball and ran with it, that Rugby Football was founded and spread around the public schools system. Before that point, Rugby Football was played by passing it by kicking it forwards, a bit like Aussie rules, another game created by a person associated with Rugby School.

I'm afraid you've fallen victim to a public schoolboy's wank fantasy. William Webb Ellis did no such thing and in fact, the League and Union codes pre-dated the Association code by several hundred years.

http://www.rugbyrefs...Webb_Ellis_Myth

Next time you feel like repeating the self-aggrandising boasts of smarmy public schoolboys, try thinking a bit.

Its funny how one line can change an entire post. You started off by correcting someone as you had a little more knowledge on the subject, always a good thing as most of us like accurate info. Had you left it at that then everyone would have thought..good. But then you had to make a complete kno* of yourself by inserting the last line. What a shame.

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch

Yep. You're absolutely right. I was a dick, and I apologise.

• Like 1

not for the first time has the customer / football fan been left out in the "its my ball" state. The blame as far as I am concerned resides with the football authorities who sold the tv rights. they, in the interest of football and the fans who support football, should have mandated open viewing on such platforms. they should also ban Grammy from further broadcasting.

What total crap!! TV and football are both businesses and as such are expected to make a profit for their shareholders do you want them to put a free dummy in your mouth so you can suck it as well?

Football is not 'just a business'. People who say that it is fundamentally misunderstand both football and business.

Better to just hook up a laptop to the TV and use a bluetooth mouse to change channels.

Yes, that's massively overpriced. Why don't you use the TV Catchup website?

Not sure whether links are allowed, so I won't.

Just tried the TV Catchup website, but not working through VPN.

Please PM for details.

Thanks

Just tried the TV Catchup website, but not working through VPN.

Please PM for details.

Thanks

I have the same problem.

I signed up using a UK VPN service but when I try to watch I get a message "None UK"

Anyone know how to fix this please?

(Sorry for double posting)

Does anyone know how to get in touch with a GMM representative? I followed the instructions for registering (thanks!) but I get some error. Since the call centre menu is in Thai, it doesn't help much. I tried the other menu options and got put on hold for a while, after which the line got disconnected.

Thanks for your help, appreciated.

Call 02-02-841-8888 (Press 2/then 0 (zero) for the activation department. You can ask someone for English which takes a while. Have the serial number ready, give full name and address and within an hour you will have full access to all channels.

They charge 460 Baht for all channels after 30 days. It sounds a bit expensive but I am based in Sakon Nakhon and Channel 3 has not a good reception.