How Are Your Investments Doing?

I am moving all my asset from China to Thailand. I would be happy as a clam if I can 5% return without worrying about bottom falling out. Anybody have any good advice how I can do that?

It varies from week to week, but most banks here offer some sort of deal in the 3-3.5% range. Maybe higher if your investment horizon is a bit longer? Check out the banks websites for the latest deals.

if your investment horizon is a bit longer

longer horizon = a pittance more yield = but exponential increase of risk (both exchange and interest rate)!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

longer horizon = a pittance more yield = but exponential increase of risk (both exchange and interest rate)!

I think we're getting a pittance even for short term investments! sad.png

Any lower and they'll starting charging ME for my money market account!!

I think we're getting a pittance even for short term investments! sad.png

Any lower and they'll starting charging ME for my money market account!!

when you're right, you're right Craig. but 3.x% for Thai Baht is still better than zero-point-zero-x% on short term or money market USD, GBP, EUR, SGD and JP¥ ermm.gif

perhaps we should (diplomatically) prepare our wives that they might have to take on a third job that we can make ends meet? huh.png

perhaps we should (diplomatically) prepare our wives that they might have to take on a third job that we can make ends meet? huh.png

Third job? And I was just getting use to my 7 hours off a day after working my first 2 jobs!!! w00t.gif

Third job? And I was just getting use to my 7 hours off a day after working my first 2 jobs!!! w00t.gif

not us Craig! our wives!

not us Craig! our wives!

Dang, that's what I get for reading posts while in the pool and having a glass of wine. Sorry. But obviously, not working much at all! Though the buffet at the Hilton today was quite good today.smile.png

Wifey working? My #1 dream....clap2.gif

But then who would cook for me? sad.png

not us Craig! our wives!

Dang, that's what I get for reading posts while in the pool and having a glass of wine. Sorry. But obviously, not working much at all! Though the buffet at the Hilton today was quite good today.smile.png

Wifey working? My #1 dream....clap2.gif

But then who would cook for me? sad.png

you don't have a mia noi? huh.png

• 2 weeks later...