Manchester United

redrus

Ok, my take on why city fans are taking this defeat so badly.

It's like they wanted to make this game a moment where they could take the piss for years to come, have a big pyrotechnics display when the game ended, invade the pitch like Wigan did, goad the United fans in the ground, It was all falling into place by half time the champagne was on ice, the cakes with we beat the rags and won the league on was being brought to the stadium.

Well all that Ola Ola Ola near the end of the first half woke up our lackluster team who then had a real reason to take off the shackles and win for the fans.

Now it's like when you find all your Xmas presents in the wardrobe and you open and see what you have, when it's time to get them it's no fun any more as you know what you are getting, bit like city known for months they are champions.

I do really now hope that they win it  by some team dropping points when city aren't playing, had that with united it does not have the same buzz as winning it and having a pyrotechnics display against a team that has made you bitter your whole life!!!.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, nev said:

Yes I can clearly see his foot over the ball and almost chopping Kun's shins apart ?

DaRhr-YW4AAVjeI.jpg

Please don't tell me you think Young was in control nev. Can't get onto youtube at work so hope this link works. Just watch the tackle in slo mo and give me your HONEST view

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NZ2diYW_jM

5 minutes ago, nev said:

Ok, my take on why city fans are taking this defeat so badly.

It's like they wanted to make this game a moment where they could take the piss for years to come, have a big pyrotechnics display when the game ended, invade the pitch like Wigan did, goad the United fans in the ground, It was all falling into place by half time the champagne was on ice, the cakes with we beat the rags and won the league on was being brought to the stadium.

Well all that Ola Ola Ola near the end of the first half woke up our lackluster team who then had a real reason to take off the shackles and win for the fans.

Now it's like when you find all your Xmas presents in the wardrobe and you open and see what you have, when it's time to get them it's no fun any more as you know what you are getting, bit like city known for months they are champions.

I do really now hope that they win it  by some team dropping points when city aren't playing, had that with united it does not have the same buzz as winning it and having a pyrotechnics display against a team that has made you bitter your whole life!!!.

I actually think you’ve done us a favour too. 

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Please don't tell me you think Young was in control nev. Can't get onto youtube at work so hope this link works. Just watch the tackle in slo mo and give me your HONEST view

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NZ2diYW_jM

But if his foot is firmly behind the ball, it is acting as a cushion between his boot and whatever part of Aguero is on the other side.  That's a definition of a hard but fair tackle.. no?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I actually think you’ve done us a favour too. 

I think so too, they will be deflated like those blow up Bananas the strange ones carry around.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, nev said:

I think so too, they will be deflated like those blow up Bananas the strange ones carry around.

Your'e quite bitter about City at the moment aren't you nev? I remember you, MrRed and I watching City V United a few years ago when we won. You and MrRed where pretty sore losers :laugh:

• Haha 1

Going in with studs leading is dangerous play, whether it clears the ball out (first or only) or not. Always the potential to clear the opponents ankle out.

Always should be red-carded and usually is, but it seems like some refs consider extent of actual impact if the offending player is not a 'usual suspect'

[neutral (not even an ABU) and ex ref]

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nev said:

It's like they wanted to make this game a moment where they could take the piss for years to come, have a big pyrotechnics display when the game ended, goad the United fans EVERYWHERE, It was all falling into place by half time the champagne was on ice, the cakes with we beat the rags and won the league on was being brought to the stadium.

The main reason that defeat is so hard to take is because we played so well and should have been at least 5v0 up by halftime.  But WE screwed up when we should have buried you first half. 

Hope you don't mind me editing your post to show the bit I agree with.

Seems you've let a bit of your builtup frustration out; that's good. Not seen much of you on here recently nev; win or lose nev, not just when you're winning and top dog.

29 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The point isn't whether Aguero is or isn't violent or an angel, it's that Young deserved a red and it was a penalty. These days getting a touch on the ball isn't sufficient defence for carrying through.  You should know that.

If you are addressing me BredB then you overlooked what the use of the term "seems like" implies.

[Possible you were addressing someone else's earlier comment, but it could equally be responding to mine that immediately preceded yours].

8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Your'e quite bitter about City at the moment aren't you nev? I remember you, MrRed and I watching City V United a few years ago when we won. You and MrRed where pretty sore losers :laugh:

Suck it up son.

6 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

If you are addressing me BredB then you overlooked what the use of the term "seems like" implies.

[Possible you were addressing someone else's earlier comment, but it could equally be responding to mine that immediately preceded yours].

I was responding to the ManU fans comments;  when I posted I hadn't seen your post.

11 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Awful result handing the title to your cities rivals at home to such a crap team. Benitez will be the Utd manager if this carries on. Truly awful what's going on. 

Let me temporarily stop my celebrating to correct you: Manchester United are not in the city of Manchester; Manchester City however are in the city of Manchester.

Back to the grog. Cheers!

Morinho didn't care, Pogba didn't care , they already beat City this season and can't do better than 2nd place, But continue like this and we'll make sure you'll finish in 4th .

10 hours ago, RickG16 said:

That ground is so quiet. It's embarrassing to watch / listen.   Bit louder for 2nd half at least. 

The vast majority of those United were not brought up on this type of football.  They don't like it and who can blame them.  You seem happy enough to be second in the league regardless, but the silence at OT speaks volumes about a different opinion, an opinion that wants of the swagger of the Ferguson era.

I'm aware you don't agree with me which is fine but the old school United fans i know absolutely hate the football being played and want shot of him.

Didn't watch the game of course but i'd have thought it was louder in the 2nd half what with all the booing!! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, carmine said:

The vast majority of those United were not brought up on this type of football.  They don't like it and who can blame them.  You seem happy enough to be second in the league regardless, but the silence at OT speaks volumes about a different opinion, an opinion that wants of the swagger of the Ferguson era.

I'm aware you don't agree with me which is fine but the old school United fans i know absolutely hate the football being played and want shot of him.

Didn't watch the game of course but i'd have thought it was louder in the 2nd half what with all the booing!! 

And btw Rick, LFC now have more clean sheets than United. But yeah you keep up with the “lazy pundit” narrative of can’t defend. 

Just now, BangrakBob said:

It’s was comforting to hear Mourinho reminds us all about his title winning acheivements post match again ???

Oh for sure he did.  Why?.....because its not about United, its all about him.  Always has been, always will be.

• Like 2

Just now, BangrakBob said:

It’s was comforting to hear Mourinho reminds us all about his title winning acheivements post match again ???

Mourinho is the poorest loser I have ever seen in any sport. Some of the things that come out of his mouth are what you would expect from a fictional, farcical caricature of "poor loser". Amazing really. Made even more interesting by the fact that he is expected to manage and lead a group of grown men.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, carmine said:

you are forgetting that this is a team that is still in development, another season should make a huge difference and if it doesn't then Maurine could be gone.

Being 2nd in the EPL is nothing to be ashamed of, they have done well to remain in that spot for as long as they have.

The game last night was an interesting one, WBA is fighting for survival and that was obvious to see, MU were fighting for ? well a top 4 spot and that is it, it was a game very much dominated by the home team and how they didn't score several goals is quite frankly shocking - I put it down to the sheer determination of WBA, I would also question a few ref decisions especially  when a WBA defender had (I think it was Lukaku) round the neck in a strangle hold inside the box - a clear red card and penalty in my opinion, but it is what it is, I only half watched the game with the odd glance and lets not forget that the conditions were atrocious making it difficult for both teams

And <deleted> was Pogba doing with it hands - a professional footballer at this level doesn't get on like that - shameful

Thought I'd best watch on the off-chance WBA could hold out for a 0v0 but fully expected a 3v0 result.  

Strange game. There was no urgency from ManU. No closing down of WBA. It was like a training game.

Foster made some brilliant saves. WBA defended admirably.  Herrara should have had a penalty. WBA looked strangely dangerous on the counter and a goal from a corner always looked likely. 

Excellent out-of-character performance by WBA. Underwhelming performance by ManU.

Very enjoyable sunday night family entertainment.  Thank you!

Edited by Bredbury Blue