Manchester United

redrus

amazing isn't it? give it a couple of seasons and united will be down where we are.

When Fergie retires will be the testing time at Old Trafford,maybe 2 more years....you could be right?

could be sooner depending on the banks.

Nemanja Vidic's agent has hinted that the defender could leave Manchester United after the World Cup as he has yet to make a decision on his future.

Vidic attempted to put an end to transfer speculation towards the end of the season by insisting that he had no plans to leave Old Trafford before his current deal expires in 2012.

However, Real Madridspacer.gif have again been linked with a swoop for the Serbia international and his representative has refused to rule out a move.

According to agent Paolo Fabbri, Vidic does not want to focus on anything other than the World Cupspacer.gif at present and will consider his club situation later in the summer.

"At the moment there is no news," said Fabbri. "Nemanja has obviously left for the World Cup with Serbia and is concentrating on that.

"We are waiting for information. We are waiting for Nemanja to tell us what he wants to do, so at the moment we are waiting as it is up to him."

World Cup focus

Asked whether United had offered Vidic a new deal, Fabbri said: "He is concentrating on something else so I guess it won't be until after the World Cup that he makes a decision on his future.

"We have requested some time from Manchester Unitedspacer.gif to think about things, and Nemanja does not want to look at things until after the World Cup."

Fabbri insisted that Real Madrid had yet to make a formal approach for Vidic, who has been at Old Trafford since 2006.

"We have not heard anything official from them and Nemanja has requested I do not speak about particular clubs while he is at the World Cup," he explained.

"Any eventual transfer will only take place after the World Cup."

Real Madrid set to offer Karim Benzema to Manchester United to sweeten deal for Nemanja Vidic - report

15 Jun 2010 11:06:00

Real Madrid are set to offer Karim Benzema to Manchester United in a bid to tempt the Red Devils to part with Nemanja Vidic, according to a report from The Manchester Evening News.

Jose Mourinho is set to rebuild the team at the Bernabeu and United's Serbian defender is a major target, reports continue to claim.

United have been linked with Benzema before, with the Red Devils said to have been keen on the Frenchman last summer.

The 22-year-old joined Real from Olympique Lyonnais for £35 million. He has struggled to impress at the Bernabeu though, and did not manage to claim a place in the France squad for the World Cup.

He fits the age profile of players that Sir Alex Ferguson likes to sign for United, and with Vidic's agent suggesting that the defender will move after the World Cup, a deal could be possible.

United have also been linked with veteran Blancos striker Raul, but at 32 Ferguson may feel that the player's best days are behind him.

Works for me if they throw in VDV.

Wasn't so long ago Benzema was happily telling the press how he had snubbed United for the chance to play at Real.

I'd be happy if we returned the snub right now to be honest.

Real Madrid set to offer Karim Benzema to Manchester United to sweeten deal for Nemanja Vidic - report

15 Jun 2010 11:06:00

Real Madrid are set to offer Karim Benzema to Manchester United in a bid to tempt the Red Devils to part with Nemanja Vidic, according to a report from The Manchester Evening News.

Jose Mourinho is set to rebuild the team at the Bernabeu and United's Serbian defender is a major target, reports continue to claim.

United have been linked with Benzema before, with the Red Devils said to have been keen on the Frenchman last summer.

The 22-year-old joined Real from Olympique Lyonnais for £35 million. He has struggled to impress at the Bernabeu though, and did not manage to claim a place in the France squad for the World Cup.

He fits the age profile of players that Sir Alex Ferguson likes to sign for United, and with Vidic's agent suggesting that the defender will move after the World Cup, a deal could be possible.

United have also been linked with veteran Blancos striker Raul, but at 32 Ferguson may feel that the player's best days are behind him.

Works for me if they throw in VDV.

Wasn't so long ago Benzema was happily telling the press how he had snubbed United for the chance to play at Real.

I'd be happy if we returned the snub right now to be honest.

Yes, how dare he snubb Utd and i doubt that you would want to return the snub if he had scored 40 goals last season :) .

Edited by alfieconn

Yes, how dare he snubb Utd and i doubt that you would want to return the snub if he had scored 40 goals last season :) .

Benzema made a bad decision - not because he snubbed Utd but specifically because he chose Real over Utd.

He went to Real for the fame, fortune, the glitz and the glamour, and to play with a bunch of super stars knobs - except that he didn't do much playing. He was driven by the wrong motives. Much like Robinho with his move to City. Benzema has scored just a handful of goals at Real and seen his career tail off. I don't think that would have been the case had he come to Utd.

It might be unrealistic, but supporters always went new signings to be players who have always dreamt of playing for the club, and will play with the passion that that inspires.

Benzema made a bad decision - not because he snubbed Utd but specifically because he chose Real over Utd.

He went to Real for the fame, fortune, the glitz and the glamour, and to play with a bunch of super stars knobs - except that he didn't do much playing. He was driven by the wrong motives. Much like Robinho with his move to City. Benzema has scored just a handful of goals at Real and seen his career tail off. I don't think that would have been the case had he come to Utd.

It might be unrealistic, but supporters always went new signings to be players who have always dreamt of playing for the club, and will play with the passion that that inspires.

Oh i forgot, all the expensive forwards you buy are a success:lol: .

You say he was driven by the wrong motives so what should the motives be for players wanting to go to the biggest clubs and what would have been the right motives for joining utd :D.

Benzema reasons for joining RM were the exactly same reasons as Berbatov joining you lot.

You say he was driven by the wrong motives so what should the motives be for players wanting to go to the biggest clubs and what would have been the right motives for joining utd :D.

Benzema reasons for joining RM were the exactly same reasons as Berbatov joining you lot.

Yea, Rooney was a horrible buy, so too Tevez (loan) and that guy named Ronaldo (although technically not a forward).

Yea, Rooney was a horrible buy, so too Tevez (loan) and that guy named Ronaldo (although technically not a forward).

Yes every team has good and bad buys and in that respect Utd are no different (as much as they would like to think they are) from any other team in the world be it Barcelona or Barnet.

Well done to SAF/Man Utd for having the balls to buy two of the most highly rated forwards around. I would hazzard a guess that given the money ( that Utd probably never had anyway) ninety odd other English clubs wouls also have tried to buy them.

I think any world class player would have to think long and hard about comng to Utd baring in mind the owners, the debt, the ageing squad with possibly little to spend baring in mind what will be required. Then, after these doubts, a comparison might be drawn to Liverpool's plight.

Edited by carmine

Let's see, the club is in debt for xxx hundred million pounds and they are offering me 120,000 a week.

"Sorry I will decline your offer for fear of not getting paid on time - look what happened at Pompey".

"At least at Man City, while I won't play CL football and am unlikely to win anything beyond a billboard with my name on it, the money is sure to be in my bank account on time"

Let's see, the club is in debt for xxx hundred million pounds and they are offering me 120,000 a week.

"Sorry I will decline your offer for fear of not getting paid on time - look what happened at Pompey".

"At least at Man City, while I won't play CL football and am unlikely to win anything beyond a billboard with my name on it, the money is sure to be in my bank account on time"

Does this new ruling coming out in a few years whereby clubs have to live within there means so to speak mean that United wont be able to buy while they are in debt, so you can expect to see some new players in 2050 :)

Does this new ruling coming out in a few years whereby clubs have to live within there means so to speak mean that United wont be able to buy while they are in debt, so you can expect to see some new players in 2050 :)

Alfie, go read the ruling, clubs can't spend more than they earn. Even with the interest payment on our debt our yearly earnings are way ahead of your lot.

Sorry James, but by your usual high standards this is not a very good comeback. :D The point is, there are plenty of other CL teams (no i'm not suggesting..To....... :D ) and Utd will be falling down the pecking order of preference. Man City are not a CL team so somewhat irrelevent to this one :)

Alfie, go read the ruling, clubs can't spend more than they earn. Even with the interest payment on our debt our yearly earnings are way ahead of your lot.

If you read my post correctly, i was asking the question Jimbo

Edited by alfieconn

mistake

Let's see, no Madrid, Barca, UTD, and so on in the CL's league.

Alfie you are a Spurs supporter correct? Let Arry do his magic and quit worrying about us. LOL

You say he was driven by the wrong motives so what should the motives be for players wanting to go to the biggest clubs and what would have been the right motives for joining utd .

Wanting to play regular football. Wanting to win stuff. Wanting to improve their game. Wanting to work with a legendary manager. These are good reasons.

Earning an extra few thousand bob when you already loaded. Saying that you have "played" for a certain team, even if that team doesn't bother to play you. High fashion lifestyle. Sunny weather - good for getting a tan. Nice beaches. Chic cafes .... and these would be the bad reasons.

You say he was driven by the wrong motives so what should the motives be for players wanting to go to the biggest clubs and what would have been the right motives for joining utd .

Wanting to play regular football. Wanting to win stuff. Wanting to improve their game. Wanting to work with a legendary manager. These are good reasons.

Earning an extra few thousand bob when you already loaded. Saying that you have "played" for a certain team, even if that team doesn't bother to play you. High fashion lifestyle. Sunny weather - good for getting a tan. Nice beaches. Chic cafes .... and these would be the bad reasons.

What you talkin' bout Rix...There's a great chippy in Altrincham and Hale has some nice bars etc.....bit of windsurfing on the coast nothing wrong with oop north mate....

Just ask Ronaldo who incidently looks half the player this year....what went wrong there then? Madrid seems to be the place to go to destroy your career rather than win trophies.

With a bit of luck Mourinho will go the same way....

Come to think of it Rix, there are even more compelling reasons why a player would choose Madrid....that is unless you like grey sky and rain.

I bet Madrid win more than Man Utd next season, that is if you want to win things :)

Come to think of it Rix, there are even more compelling reasons why a player would choose Madrid....that is unless you like grey sky and rain.

I bet Madrid win more than Man Utd next season, that is if you want to win things :)

I doubt even Mourinho could turn it around in the first season. Will he get a second seson? probably not....

Madrid are a shambles carmine. Unlike United who will only become a shambles when the great Scot leaves for the South of France permanently.

None of these were guarantead at Utd the same as they were not guarantead at RM.

Earning an extra few thousand bob when you already loaded. Saying that you have "played" for a certain team, even if that team doesn't bother to play you. High fashion lifestyle. Sunny weather - good for getting a tan. Nice beaches. Chic cafes .... and these would be the bad reasons

If these are the bad reasons i'd love to know what the good reasons are:D .

That holes getting bigger Rixy.

None of these were guarantead at Utd the same as they were not guarantead at RM.

Not guaranteed of course, but a greater chance at United. The year that he went to RM, they were in the midst of a big shake up and it was obvious that major rebuilding was afoot - not usually the right foundation for a great season to be had.

Our season wasn't the best admittedly, but we came pretty darn close and had Benzema signed for us, who knows....

Fair enough. Your opinion.

Many a player has gone to Madrid with that sort of "can't fail to win shedloads of trophies" expectancy. Not all have left with what they expected. CR might well be another.