Manchester United

redrus

You say he was driven by the wrong motives so what should the motives be for players wanting to go to the biggest clubs and what would have been the right motives for joining utd .

Wanting to play regular football. Wanting to win stuff. Wanting to improve their game. Wanting to work with a legendary manager. These are good reasons.

Earning an extra few thousand bob when you already loaded. Saying that you have "played" for a certain team, even if that team doesn't bother to play you. High fashion lifestyle. Sunny weather - good for getting a tan. Nice beaches. Chic cafes .... and these would be the bad reasons.

Come to think of it Rix, there are even more compelling reasons why a player would choose Madrid....that is unless you like grey sky and rain.

I bet Madrid win more than Man Utd next season, that is if you want to win things :)

I doubt even Mourinho could turn it around in the first season. Will he get a second seson? probably not....

Madrid are a shambles carmine. Unlike United who will only become a shambles when the great Scot leaves for the South of France permanently.

Madrid are a shambles are they....did you see where they finished in la liga? Oh to be a shambles!! Now thats the sort of talk that old Jose will love to hear. There is nothing to suggest that with the players already there and a bit of dosh he won't make them force to be reckoned with next season. If a shambles can run Barca so close to the title with inept management i think you might be eating your words in the coming season. :D

Carmine, if you want to go on about Madrid, I suggest starting a topic on them.

Quite frankly, we are delighted that they keep paying us top dollar for our players and then win nothing. Goes to show you / them that it's not the individuals, but rather the team.

Quite frankly, we are delighted that they keep paying us top dollar for our players and then win nothing. Goes to show you / them that it's not the individuals, but rather the team.

I'm purely defending your future manager. If there was a Madrid thread it would doubtless be of more interest to Utd fans than me, so i'll let you chaps make that call. :)

I'm purely defending your future manager. If there was a Madrid thread it would doubtless be of more interest to Utd fans than me, so i'll let you chaps make that call. :)

Future Manager : He should hope so. I don't see it. Quite Frankly after a few months of anti-football at home of Los Blancs, he will be run out of town. Watch this space.

Manchester United have confirmed that Zoran Tosic has joined CSKA Moscow for an undisclosed fee.

The Serbia winger has signed a five-year deal with the Russian club having failed to make the first-team breakthrough at Old Trafford.

The 23-year-old joined United in January 2009 from Partizan Belgrade in a joint deal with fellow youngster Adem Ljajic.

But Tosic was expected to move on this summer having made only five substitute appearances for United before spending the second half of last season on loan at German side Cologne.

He is currently with Serbia's World Cup squad in South Africa while Ljajic, 18, was bought by Italian side Fiorentina in January.

Tosic is set to replace his compatriot Milos Krasic, who is expected to leave for one of Europe's top leagues this summer having spent six years at CSKA, helping them to last season's UEFA Champions League quarter-finals.

Manchester United have confirmed that Zoran Tosic has joined CSKA Moscow for an undisclosed fee.

The Serbia winger has signed a five-year deal with the Russian club having failed to make the first-team breakthrough at Old Trafford.

The 23-year-old joined United in January 2009 from Partizan Belgrade in a joint deal with fellow youngster Adem Ljajic.

But Tosic was expected to move on this summer having made only five substitute appearances for United before spending the second half of last season on loan at German side Cologne.

He is currently with Serbia's World Cup squad in South Africa while Ljajic, 18, was bought by Italian side Fiorentina in January.

Tosic is set to replace his compatriot Milos Krasic, who is expected to leave for one of Europe's top leagues this summer having spent six years at CSKA, helping them to last season's UEFA Champions League quarter-finals.

Doesn't really bother me too much, he wanted to leave.

Here you go boys : Barcodes first up! December looks like a big month.

Team 2010/11 fixtures

August

14 - Newcastle (h)

21 - Fulhamspacer.gif (a)

28 -West Ham (h)

September

11 - Everton (a)

18 - Liverpool (h)

25 - Bolton (a)

October

2 - Sunderland (a)

16 - West Brom (h)

23 - Stoke (a)

30 - Tottenham (h)

November

6 - Wolverhampton (h)

10 - Man City (a)

13 - Aston Villaspacer.gif (a)

20 - Wigan (h)

27 -Blackburn (h)

December

4 - Blackpoolspacer.gif (a)

11 - Arsenalspacer.gif (h)

18 - Chelsea (a)

26 - Sunderland (h)

28 - Birmingham (a)

January

1 - West Brom (a)

4 - Stoke (h)

15 - Tottenham (a)

22 - Birmingham (h)

February

1 - Aston Villa (h)

5 - Wolverhampton (a)

12 - Man City (h)

26 - Wigan (a)

March

5 - Liverpool (a)

19 - Bolton (h)

April

2 - West Ham (a)

9 - Fulham (h)

16 - Newcastle (a)

23 - Everton (h)

30 - Arsenal (a)

May

7 - Cheslea (h)

14 - Blackburn (a)

22 - Blackpool (h)

Has there ever been a player leave that has caused you lot to be bothered :) .

Edited by alfieconn

Tosic is set to replace his compatriot Milos Krasic,  who is expected to leave for one of Europe's top leagues this summer having spent six years at CSKA, helping them to last season's UEFA Champions League quarter-finals.

Has there ever been a player leave  that has caused you lot to be bothered :) .

Ah yea, CR7 / 9 comes to mind. Maybe Vidic soon.

Tevez.

Only 2 games in March?

It looks like it will come down to the Arse Chelski games near the end of the season,that is if City haven't run away with it already :)

Also notice hardly any traveling in the months of September November Febuary and March! Handy for the Champions League :D

Has there ever been a player leave that has caused you lot to be bothered :D .

Ah yea, CR7 / 9 comes to mind. Maybe Vidic soon.

:lol:Does it concern Man Utd fans that you are becoming a feeder club for Real Madrid :)

Lots of rumors saying these are our kits for the upcoming season.

The home one is class - very 1999

Away is a bit too Bolton like IMO

CL alternate is pretty cool - reminds me of Schmeichel

Then again, they look to good to be from Nike. :)

post-22903-054763800 1276852380_thumb.pn

post-22903-083758700 1276852408_thumb.pn

post-22903-021222000 1276852430_thumb.pn

Edited by bkkjames

Ive seen these kits on a few different fan sites and i gotta admit they do look good compared to seasons past.

But there is no way the 3rd choice kit will green and gold not as long as the Glazer's are in control.:)

Tevez.

Only 2 games in March?

It looks like it will come down to the Arse Chelski games near the end of the season,that is if City haven't run away with it already :)

Also notice hardly any traveling in the months of September November Febuary and March! Handy for the Champions League :D

Nad, please explain what you mean by it will come down to the Arse Chelski games.

That would definately be the wrong attitude to go into the new season with. Utd witll have a very tough fight for automatic CL qualification next season unless they make atleast four quality signings...and SAF won't get the money. :D

Ive seen these kits on a few different fan sites and i gotta admit they do look good compared to seasons past.

But there is no way the 3rd choice kit will green and gold not as long as the Glazer's are in control.:)

The green and gold is an absolute masterstroke - suddenly all those disgruntled G&G scarf-waving fifth-columnists will be converted into card-carrying bona-fide Manchester United supoporters (from the owners' point of view I mean).

Tevez.

Only 2 games in March?

Nad, please explain what you mean by it will come down to the Arse Chelski games.

That would definately be the wrong attitude to go into the new season with. Utd witll have a very tough fight for automatic CL qualification next season unless they make atleast four quality signings...and SAF won't get the money. :D

We will be challenging for everything next season just as we have done for the past 20 years,we are not England :D and we have already signed a quality Mexican forward who will do well for us,i shall return the question to you... do you think because of the problems with the owners it will affect us on the pitch next season,i think that is what your getting at isn't it? maybe but only time will tell on that i cannot see any probs while Fergie is in charge,when he goes then yes different story.

Tevez.

Only 2 games in March?

We will be challenging for everything next season just as we have done for the past 20 years,we are not England :D and we have already signed a quality Mexican forward who will do well for us,i shall return the question to you... do you think because of the problems with the owners it will affect us on the pitch next season,i think that is what your getting at isn't it? maybe but only time will tell on that i cannot see any probs while Fergie is in charge,when he goes then yes different story.

Thats what you say after every signing :D until you sell them 2 or 3 years later .

Dos santos and Vela are ahead of him in the pecking order and younger and neither of them can get in the first teams of there respective clubs so i wouldn't hold your breath:o.

Alfie on Hernandez...he has only just been brought into the national team really at the start of the year and on his record for Mexico it will not be long before they can't ignore him and play him from the start....his club in Mexico was the same he has burst onto the scene in the last year and forced his inclusion in the team and thus got the attention worldwide because....when they actually played him he did score goals the same he has done for Mexico.

Dos Santos started at Barca and has been around a few years for Mexico yet still as you say cannot get into the Spurs team being loaned out twice?And Vela well The Arse got him 5 years ago but he has been farmed out all over and still is not first choice in the Mexico side,the point is Hernandez only last year came on the seen and is now playing and scoring in the world cup for Mexico,i think he has got more to offer than Vela and Santos!

Carmine 4 quality signings needed....is that to compete with your lot? :) lets not quote your wonderful record against us eh! :D

Alfie on Hernandez...he has only just been brought into the national team really at the start of the year and on his record for Mexico it will not be long before they can't ignore him and play him from the start....his club in Mexico was the same he has burst onto the scene in the last year and forced his inclusion in the team and thus got the attention worldwide because....when they actually played him he did score goals the same he has done for Mexico.

Dos Santos started at Barca and has been around a few years for Mexico yet still as you say cannot get into the Spurs team being loaned out twice?And Vela well The Arse got him 5 years ago but he has been farmed out all over and still is not first choice in the Mexico side,the point is Hernandez only last year came on the seen and is now playing and scoring in the world cup for Mexico,i think he has got more to offer than Vela and Santos!

Carmine 4 quality signings needed....is that to compete with your lot? :) lets not quote your wonderful record against us eh! :D

Vela seems pretty much first choice at the moment !

Now why would you think he has more too offer than Vela and santos,nothing to do with you being completely blinkered when it comes to utd signings off course, i take it you was this enthusiastic about all the other signings that have come and gone without being a regular in the first team.

Edited by alfieconn

Dos Santos started at Barca and has been around a few years for Mexico yet still as you say cannot get into the Spurs team being loaned out twice?And Vela well The Arse got him 5 years ago but he has been farmed out all over and still is not first choice in the Mexico side,the point is Hernandez only last year came on the scene and is now playing and scoring in the world cup for Mexico,i think he has got more to offer than Vela and Santos!

Vela seems pretty much first choice at the moment !

Now why would you think he has more too offer than Vela and santos,nothing to do with you being completely blinkered when it comes to utd signings off course, i take it you was this enthusiastic about all the other signings that have come and gone without being a regular in the first team.

Underlined above so you don't miss it again,and yes blinkered maybe but you have got to keep the faith with Sir Alex Ferguson ;)

Don't get me wrong we more than any other club buy young uns and they can't cut it at United but that is why we seem to get rid of more also! Look at Macheda for instance injurys have been the problem but next year he will have to show or his time will be up also....the only piece of dead wood we seem to be holding on to is you know who :realangry: call me blinkered on that one!

You will note Nad i did'nt mention Tottenham. We 'll just see what happens. True our record against Utd is particlarily bad....can't even get a goal when the balls a meter over the line.:D

My point is that for the last ten years atleast SAF has been throwing money at a problem haing the luxury of lots to spend and lots to lose. Unless the bank allows you to spend money you don't have (which is unfair on the fiscally well managed clubs and should'nt be allowed) you will be in the same situation as seventeen other clubs for a change. Soon they'll be handing out bus passes to members of your first team, the very few signings and totally unproven in the premier league, Vidic almost certainly being fed to Madrid and the owners probably pocketing the money.

I'm not having a pop, just stating the odvious but noted theres a raw nerve appearing with some Utd fans.

You will note Nad i did'nt mention Tottenham. We 'll just see what happens. True our record against Utd is particlarily bad....can't even get a goal when the balls a meter over the line.:D

My point is that for the last ten years atleast SAF has been throwing money at a problem haing the luxury of lots to spend and lots to lose. Unless the bank allows you to spend money you don't have (which is unfair on the fiscally well managed clubs and should'nt be allowed) you will be in the same situation as seventeen other clubs for a change. Soon they'll be handing out bus passes to members of your first team, the very few signings and totally unproven in the premier league, Vidic almost certainly being fed to Madrid and the owners probably pocketing the money.

I'm not having a pop, just stating the odvious but noted theres a raw nerve appearing with some Utd fans.

Yeah there's Rooney and the old faithful will trot out 30 games or so each next year and fantastic players they are too. But it will be a tough year for Utd rspecially if Vidic leaves and can't be replaced. Interesting to see how much of the £90 plus transfers out Ferguson spends on new faces as you need at least 3 or 4 players and to not replace your 30m striker.

Well.....just not up to the job is he? Surely you share the boss view that he's gonna have a great season Nad??

:D

Edited by smokie36

You will note Nad i did'nt mention Tottenham.  We 'll just see what happens.  True our record against Utd is particlarily bad....can't even get a goal when the balls a meter over the line.:D  

My point is that for the last ten years atleast SAF has been throwing money at a problem haing the luxury of lots to spend and lots to lose.  Unless the bank allows you to spend money you don't have (which is unfair on the fiscally well managed clubs and should'nt be allowed) you will be in the same situation as seventeen other clubs for a change.  Soon they'll be handing out bus passes to members of your first team, the very few signings and totally unproven in the premier league, Vidic almost certainly being fed to Madrid and the owners probably pocketing the money.

Yeah there's Rooney and the old faithful will trot out 30 games or so each next year and fantastic players they are too. But it will be a tough year for Utd rspecially if Vidic leaves and can't be replaced. Interesting to see how much of the £90 plus transfers out Ferguson spends on new faces as you need at least 3 or 4 players and to not replace your 30m striker.

Well.....just not up to the job is he?  Surely you share the boss view that he's gonna have a great season Nad??

you seem a tad obsessed with us smokes. I suggest you look over your should at Citteh  ;)

Well.....just not up to the job is he? Surely you share the boss view that he's gonna have a great season Nad??

If VIdic does leave we have a good capable replacement that has been brought up through are youth policy,so i dont think it would be a big loss plus if he goes to Madrid i think the deal would involve a player or two?...but it is not a done deal yet is it!

As far as Berbatov goes,i don't like him he is a lazy bastard (i am not totally blinkered ;) ) and if Fergie starts with him then we will see?? But Hernandez and Macheda and Diouf are young guns waiting to get in and show there worth so we have competition already even if he doesn't add anyone further.

Despite what many of you chat here we have a got a few good young players at United that we have kept from our youth policy(we still have one :whistling: ) and also a few young players we have signed :D

For the few of you fishing and saying we have raw nerves at the moment,this i think is said out of hope more than judgement on your parts,we all know the situation at United on the pitch and off it......fortunately we have experience and players to challenge in all competitions unlike many,Champions league qualifacation is just that lets not get to excited.....just yet! B)

Check fergies record over the last 10 years on net transfers and what he has won,get back to me if you want on that one :lol:

Looking forward to next season already Nad :D

PS Vidic will be a huuuuuge loss and you know it ;)

yep, but Kjaer will fill in nicely. Rate him over Chilleni

But you don't need Kjaer ;) according to Nad you have a good capable replacment that has been brought up through the youth system.:o