Manchester United

redrus

Looking forward to next season already Nad  :D

PS  Vidic will be a huuuuuge loss and you know it  ;)

yep, but Kjaer will fill in nicely. Rate him over Chilleni

But you don't need Kjaer ;)  according to Nad you have a good capable replacment that has been brought up through the youth system.:o

Sorry I dont think Evans can handle the load - Smailing is a work in progress and with Rio's hurt more than fit, we need the cover. At 21 Kjaer has pose and ability beyond his years. Sign him up Fergie!

Evans is only 22 and still has a way to go but when played has shown good maturity and progression,granted James over a long season it is asking a lot of his inexperience if Rio is not fit but with smalling at 20 i would say we have got two of the best young british centre backs around.we still have O'Shea and Brown for cover and two of the best full backs in the league in Evra and Silva(both)

This is of course if Vidic goes and he buys nobody,but that may not be the case.

James....Kjaer pose was not to good in getting himself booked twice? at 21 he is in the same category as Evans and Smalling.

Evans is only 22 and still has a way to go but when played has shown good maturity and progression,granted James over a long season it is asking a lot of his inexperience if Rio is not fit but with smalling at 20 i would say we have got two of the best young british centre backs around.we still have O'Shea and Brown for cover and two of the best full backs in the league in Evra and Silva(both)

This is of course if Vidic goes and he buys nobody,but that may not be the case.

James....Kjaer pose was not to good in getting himself booked twice? at 21 he is in the same category as Evans and Smalling.

Sorry to disagree, this kid has oodles of potential, much better passer of the ball than Evans / Vidic / Brown combined. By pose, I mean he is not like bambi in the headlights playing against the top players. In two years time if he came to OT, Madrid would be after him as well. Lol

Looking forward to next season already Nad :D

PS Vidic will be a huuuuuge loss and you know it ;)

boyhood liverpool fan kjaer and wants to move to us. shame we can't afford him.

Looking forward to next season already Nad  :D

PS  Vidic will be a huuuuuge loss and you know it  ;)

He can visit a couple times a week Stevie ;) Maybe he can stay in Rafa's old house.

Looking forward to next season already Nad :D

PS Vidic will be a huuuuuge loss and you know it ;)

He can visit a couple times a week Stevie ;) Maybe he can stay in Rafa's old house.

interesting that you think a boyhood liverpool fan would so willingly move to united though. also interesting that you assume you can afford him too this summer.

when we sell off Vidic, Anderson / Carrick, Welbeck there will be a few satang falling out of the Glazer's pockets to placate the faithful ;)

Just because somebody grew up dreaming of playing for a club, doesn't mean it will come true. This is not Disney.

when we sell off Vidic, Anderson / Carrick, Welbeck there will be a few satang falling out of the Glazer's pockets to placate the faithful ;)

Just because somebody grew up dreaming of playing for a club, doesn't mean it will come true. This is not Disney.

no, but it can be enough to make players look elsewhere. why would kjaer not go to inter, milan, barca, madrid etc over united if he grew up a liverpool supporter?

let's see about your transfer spend eh? you had a few quid from the ronaldo sale last year and despite when mister ferguson kept saying there's no way all of that profit was made available to him to re-invest in the squad.

A few satang is about right James and as we know all too well....No money no honey......not even for Utd.

I had to laugh when SAF said he was happy with his star striker......singing from the corporate hymnbook there I guess....CL quarter finals this year if you're lucky.

A few satang is about right James and as we know all too well....No money no honey......not even for Utd.

I had to laugh when SAF said he was happy with his star striker......singing from the corporate hymnbook there I guess....CL quarter finals this year if you're lucky.

Top 8 teams in Europe Smokes not too bad then! For a club with no money and ageing squad :P

And dont all Danes support Liverpool Stevie until they reach 18?:lol:

I have been an Evans supporter for a long time, and i think he will in time be a United legend. Fully capable of taking over from Vidic. Laugh it up now all your United haters, but you'll see!

But if Vidic did leave we would need to replace him with someone, even if that person was the 3rd choice after Evans.

It's a shame Pique went back after his loan period ended, would have been the idea solution me thinks ;)

It's a shame Pique went back after his loan period ended, would have been the idea solution me thinks ;)

it's ok we will just give you back carrick for dawson and it's all sorted. then we will give you anderson for bale and arry will be appy.

it's ok we will just give you back carrick for dawson and it's all sorted. then we will give you anderson for bale and arry will be appy.

That would be Anderson plus 30m right?

That would be Anderson plus 30m right?

if you insist. 30 million baht it is. where do we sign?

Federico Macheda will stay at Manchester United next season - agent

No loan spell for striker

By Zack Wilson

22 Jun 2010 10:10:00

Federico Macehda will not be leaving Manchester United on loan next season according to his agent.

The 18-year-old has been linked with a clutch of Italian clubs over recent weeks but his representative, Giovannni Bia, insists that the Red Devils have no plans to allow the forward to leave, even temporarily.

“Manchester [united] have no intention of sending him out on loan to anyone and for this reason I exclude any possibility of him being transferred in this transfer window,” Bia told the press.

Macheda made five appearances for United last season after making his debut in the previous campaign.

if you insist. 30 million baht it is. where do we sign?

They use pound notes in England Jimbo being an Englishman i would have thought you would have known this :o .

Or, rather, pound coins? :whistling:

Alfie still remembers the days with old pound notes :D

Vidic Gives Big Hint At United Stay

June 23, 2010 37

Following speculation linking Nemanja Vidic with a move away this season, despite the player’s constant reassurance that he is staying, our defender has given a big hint that he will be wearing our shirt next season.

Milan Jovanovic, who was signed on a free for the summer by Rafael Benitez, is Vidic’s Serbian team mate. Nemanja backs the striker to be a success in the Premiership and states he is looking forward to playing against him next season.

“The most important thing for him is to be physically fit,” Vidic said. “He’s a player with a lot of ability and real quality. If he is fit he can be even better. I think they’re looking forward to him coming to Liverpool. He’s physically strong but he didn’t play that many games last season. He missed some games and training, which is why I said that if he’s fit and training all the time, he’ll be even better. I look forward to playing against him in the Premier League next year.”

redrus

Scholes set for final season on pitch

Thursday 24th June 2010 17:24 teamtalk.com

Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes is taking his coaching badges as he prepares for what he expects to be his last season as a player.

Scholes, who admitted prior to the World Cup that he would have come out of international retirement to play for England if coach Fabio Capello had asked him earlier, reckons he has one more top flight season left in him.

He was talked out of retiring at the end of last season by United boss Sir Alex Ferguson but the 35-year-old is now seriously contemplating life off the pitch.

"I am coming to the end of my playing career and I maybe have one year left," Scholes said in an EPL Talk Podcast.

"I have started doing my coaching badges back in England and hopefully one day I will be able to coach kids or coach some kind of team somewhere."

Scholes narrowly missed out on a 10th Premier League champion's medal when Chelsea pipped United to the title last season.

But Ferguson believes Scholes still has the quality for another season at the top and the player is under no illusions about the impact the successful Scot has had on his long career.

"He has been great," added Scholes. "It goes without saying what a top manager he has been. The amount of players he has brought through the youth team is great and it gives hope to all the kids in the youth team that if they are good enough he will definitely use them.

"It has just been fantastic working with him and I think there is a good few years left in him yet."

redrus

Cheers rix....

Owen, Hargreaves fit for Man Utd preseason kickoff

29.06.10 | tribalfootball.com

Michael Owen and Owen Hargreaves are ready to start preseason training with Manchester United.

The first-team squad - excluding the World Cup stars - are due back on July 5 but both Owen and Hargreaves have already been in at the Red Devils' Carrington training ground to work with the fitness team.

Owen has worked ferociously to recover from the knee injury that cut short his season.

The United staff have been impressed with his dedication and are convinced he is ready to take a full part in pre-season and the club's tour of America and Canada.

Owen will be joined by Hargreaves, who is over his 20-month injury crisis.

The England midfielder managed a brief end-of-season bow against Sunderland after crippling tendinitis threatened his career.

redrus

Two England players that we could of done with in S Africa :rolleyes:

I hope the two Owens come through but my heart says that Hargreaves has been stuggling a long time with this injury and IF he does get back to anywhere near his form of 2 years ago then that will be a big bonus fo United.

Sir Michael on the other hand knows his position at United now as a squad player and anything we get from him will boost the education of the wannabees that are chomping at the bit to get in the team.

Two great seasoned professionals that were missed by England.

Fergie originally stated that participants in the WC would be given extra rest after the Cup and was talking about them missing the first couple of rounds in the EPL.In light of, the earlier than expected departures from South Africa of all the players, he might like to revise that schedule. Hopefully Rooney will not go anywhere neat a football for a month. A more jaded , disallusioned player I have yet to see.

Will Sanchez prove the missing piece in Sir Alex’s puzzle?

footballfancast.com

Chile’s wonderboy Alexis Sanchez has reportedly stated that he has his heart set on a move to Premier League giants Manchester United this summer, which will no doubt please Fergie who has expressed his interest in the 21-year-old starlet in the past.

Fergie has struggled to find a reputable replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo since the Portuguese international made his $80 million switch to Real Madrid over a year ago.

However, with the news of Sanchez yearning a move to Old Trafford this summer, has Fergie finally found the missing piece to his United puzzle?

Sanchez was apart of the Chile set-up in this years World Cup, and managed to start all four games for his country in South Africa. His explosive runs, skills and off-ball movement were impressive to watch, and no doubt would have enhanced his reputation further this summer.

The Chilean’s performances in South Africa has re-sparked Sir Alex Ferguson’s interest in the wingers services, and sources close to the player state that he has dreamed of playing for the Red Devil’s since his boyhood years. A Chilean team-mate of Sanchez (who did not want to be named) said:

“All Alexis wants is to play for Manchester United. He’d give anything for that.”

Fergie has obtained the services of Antonia Valencia since Ronaldo departed for Spain, which also meant that Nani was able to get more games under his belt as well. Both wingers have done good jobs, but not brilliant ones, not to the same level that Ronaldo or even Carlos Tevez managed. Fans may deem my analysis a bit harsh but the statistics do not lie. When United obtained Tevez and Ronaldo (who both operated on the flanks) they managed to score (in their last two seasons at United, in all competitions) an astonishing 103 goals between them. Nani and Valencia only managed to conjure up a combined total of 20…it speaks for itself.

Fergie’s team didn’t look the same as last year, due to the loss of his big stars, and although United never struggled, they definitely lacked firepower and creativity on their flanks and upfront. Alexis Sanchez is a young talented wide-man who can also play as a striker, and undoubtedly has a massive future ahead of him. The Udinese winger has exceptional skills and pace, as well as a powerful stature even at a young age. He may not score as much as he is supposed to, but you can guarantee that he will create some. Sanchez is one of the most promising young stars in world football today and would no doubt fit into the United set-up because of the style football they play.

Of course Udinese will be reluctant to sell one of their star player’s who has also attracted the likes of Real Madrid this summer. However, with a move to his dream club forthcoming, the Serie A side look to have a tough task in keeping him put for another season.

Nevertheless, if Sanchez were to move to Old Trafford he would be a great acquisition for United and the Premier League in general. The missing piece of United puzzle? Maybe, just maybe.

Sanchez Video.....!!!!

redrus