Manchester United

redrus

Red,

Forgetting the jibes, my original post was a serious question. Have you given up your season ticket already? If not, does the fact that they are now availble on the open market, influence you or your buddies as to whether you will keep hold of them purely because in the past you would have had zero chance of evergetting one back? I know some mates who could no longer afford to go, so they still buy one every year but sell them on, just to keep it in their name for when they can afford to go again.

Gave it up 5 years ago mate, I choose the matches I go to now and pay touts.

redrus

Man Utd Interest Sky High as Glazers' US Franchise "Blacked Out"

August 2010

(WFI) Manchester United’s owners have started paying a new higher band of interest on a loan they took out to refinance their purchase of England’s biggest club.

The controversial Glazer family will now face a 16.25 per cent rate on their heavily leveraged purchase of the club, up two per cent on the loan they agreed in 2007 according to financial wire service, Bloomberg.

The new rate is due on £200 million ($312 million) of payment-in-kind (PIK) notes due in 2017. Financial experts consider this form of financing expedient in certain circumstances, but a short-term measure as the rate of interest can quickly become onerous.

According to Bloomberg the loan is set to reach £267million by the end of June 2011 and £310million a year later.

United CEO David Gill has claimed that the Glazers, rather than United, are liable for this portion of the club’s debt. This is in contrast to the £504 million bond sale completed by United in January.

United’s massive debt pile has instigated huge supporter protests, with fans believing that the interest payments has impaired the club’s ability to compete in the transfer market. There is also widespread unrest at increased ticket prices.

A statement on the Manchester United Supporters Trust (MUST) website said, quoting the Financial Times, that the increase in the interest rate was triggered by the Glazers' failure to keep the amount of debt down to

targets struck in 2006.

“The Glazer family have failed to repay a single penny of "their" debts in the last four years, their US businesses are struggling and the only source of cash is our football club,” said MUST.

“The bond issue allows the Glazers to take hundreds of millions of pounds out of the club to pay down the PIKs, despite David Gill telling us that they our "their responsibility".

“The rise in the PIK interest rate this week, caused by the Glazers' inability to hit their own targets, is another sad chapter in the story of the Glazers' exploitation of Manchester United.”

This latest development comes on the heels of a blow for the Glazers’ NFL franchise, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Poor ticket sales forced a TV black out for the Buccaneers pre-season match against Miami Dolphins. NFL rules demand a TV blackout for a 75-mile radius around a stadium if the game does not sell out 72 hours before kickoff, although occurrences of blackouts are rare. This week’s TV no-show is the first in a run of 261 preseason, regular season and postseason games for the Florida outfit.

High ticket prices – even after a price cuts earlier this year – the poor state of the local economy and years of underachievement following the Buccaneers’ 2002 Super Bowl win have been blamed on the black out. Nevertheless the Glazers’ critics have jumped on the issue as further evidence of mismanagement of their sports empire.

By INSIDER’s James Corbett.

redrus

Pre season matches in the nfl are rarely sold out_local blackouts quite common. (Same goes for mlb, nba and nhl)

I like the fast movement of ice hockey.....no idea what the list is above but the sooner the yanks are out of the Premiership the better. ;)

Rooney out of todays game did not travel has a stomach bug,think we will go 451 with berbatov up front.

VDS

OSHEA EVANS VIDIC EVRA

FLETCHER CARRICK SCHOLES

VALENCIA NANI

BERBATOV.

Not the team but the one i expect to start,i do hope hernandez gets a good run too.

If my memory serves me right last season we played Fullham with Carick ,Fletcher and De laet in the back four. United always seem to struggle there no matter who plays. With Chelsea plundering goals need a result to stay in touch.

If my memory serves me right last season we played Fullham with Carick ,Fletcher and De laet in the back four. United always seem to struggle there no matter who plays. With Chelsea plundering goals need a result to stay in touch.

1 game played and United need a result to stay in touch.......now come on mate you are taking the piss i hope? ;)

Hmm... disappointing game that was, besides the first 15, 20 minutes. Looked like we were missing something. An extra bit of creativity perhaps. Valencia is capable of offering it but looked very flat when i thought he would be one of the freshest.

Evans looked distracted.

Nani's penalty should have wrapped things up. What was he doing taking it?

Hope this is the kick up the arse that some of the lads obviously need.

Well done to Fulham and Sparky by the way. Fully deserved their points.

Fulham deserved there share of the points,we should have finished them off but left the door open.

Thought nani looked good on the right when he came on,pity valencia is so one footed if he had a good left foot too they could switch wings,nani gets slated a lot but he gets shunted on the left so valencia can fit in the team so does not get a chance to play in his natural position.

Hmm... disappointing game that was, besides the first 15, 20 minutes. Looked like we were missing something. An extra bit of creativity perhaps. Valencia is capable of offering it but looked very flat when i thought he would be one of the freshest.

Evans looked distracted.

Nani's penalty should have wrapped things up. What was he doing taking it?

Hope this is the kick up the arse that some of the lads obviously need.

Well done to Fulham and Sparky by the way. Fully deserved their points.

IGreat goal by Scholes. Apart from that you looked very ordinary. Not an easy game at Fulham these days it seems sparky has them playing a similar way to Hodgson. Villa should take note.....:D

What's up with Rooney? Been caught smoking in the bogs again? :lol:

Evans was poor_vidic gets a hard time when torres goes by him_but zamora?

In two games berba has not passed the ball to hernandez once when the situation screamed for it???

Starting park-come on now we are talking about marking fulhams fb's, not chelsea, arse or lp-all the more questionable with wayne out. Nani should have started, and bring park on at 60 mins if we are leading. The only thing he can do is chase people.

O'shea at rb, two games, two very substandard performances.

Carrick hurt or what? Sell him if u aint gonna play him_scholes was knackered after 60 mins.

Bad missed penalty but if we can't hold on with 10 mins to go against fulham-not looking good.

Vds fantastic_thankfully.

2 points absolutely given away. I hope Raphael can come in for O'Shea and Evans last night probably had his worst game for the club, was constantly turned inside out.Wes Brown can't even make the bench so what is his future ? Re the penalty if you own life depended on a successful conversion who would you put your trust in Nani or Giggs ? Since Ronaldo left it seems to be whoever gets to the ball first. SAF was distraught about the penalty miss after the final whistle but arn't these matters discussed BEFORE they go on ? I agree Scholes was knackered last night,if we could see,couln't the manager and coaches? Carrick surely was the natural replacement. SAF can share the blame,bad night all round.

O'shea at rb, two games, two very substandard performances.

Indeed. Watching his cumbersome ways last night my thoughts drifted back to when he started his career - those runs he would make down the flanks and the way he would cut around the back of defences. All seems such a distant memory... and an unlikely one, seeing the player he has become. Where did all his pace go and why did it disappear so early in his career? Is it all accountable to pie?

2 points absolutely given away. I hope Raphael can come in for O'Shea and Evans last night probably had his worst game for the club, was constantly turned inside out.Wes Brown can't even make the bench so what is his future ? Re the penalty if you own life depended on a successful conversion who would you put your trust in Nani or Giggs ? Since Ronaldo left it seems to be whoever gets to the ball first. SAF was distraught about the penalty miss after the final whistle but arn't these matters discussed BEFORE they go on ? I agree Scholes was knackered last night,if we could see,couln't the manager and coaches? Carrick surely was the natural replacement. SAF can share the blame,bad night all round.

Lots of good points there Sparkles. Re penalty business, i agree with you - it is surprising such matters aren't discussed in the dressing room. Perhaps they are but perhaps the rule is, if someone is really flying high confidence wise and they want it, let them have it. Nani does look more sure of himself this season for certain... although that said i remain unconvinced with what he offers. How many more seasons do we have to talk about his potential?

Another thing I have noticed about berba is that he rarely makes a run between the cbs when our wingers make crosses into the box _which they do a lot. He either stops near the penalty spot or heads for the back post_especially on high crosses.

In my mind the cf with his size should be forcing one or both of the cbs to challenge him as he is barging through towards the keeper on these_wayne tries but is a bit to short for the likes of alex, hageland and so on.

I don't want to turn into a blackburn or stoke but we really are missing a physical presence in the box on all the crosses we create during the course of any given game.

I'll be amazed if your GD isn't at least +6 on Sunday morning & if it's less, you would have missed an excellent opportunity as we are all over the Shop at the moment & horrible..

For those that like a flutter, lump on the Home Team to win TO NIL & by 2+ & feel free to double them up also adding them winning the Corner count by at least 4..

Free money..

Edited by MSingh

Just going back to Nani's penalty. I do think he sees himself as the natural replacement for Ronaldo and he is a million miles away from that. He has put on some muscle and no doubt is trying his hardest but the guy needs guidance, over to you SAF and Giggs on the field. The short run up for penalties is not on and the angle he approached the ball it was only going in one direction.I think the goalie was smart enough to pick that and hit em high or low not at the pefect catching height.

Anderson played 60 minutes for the reserves last night and came through ok. Has stated he is more determined this season,well why not before we may ask ? Macheda scored a brace

Just going back to Nani's penalty. I do think he sees himself as the natural replacement for Ronaldo and he is a million miles away from that. He has put on some muscle and no doubt is trying his hardest but the guy needs guidance, over to you SAF and Giggs on the field. The short run up for penalties is not on and the angle he approached the ball it was only going in one direction.I think the goalie was smart enough to pick that and hit em high or low not at the pefect catching height.

Anderson played 60 minutes for the reserves last night and came through ok. Has stated he is more determined this season,well why not before we may ask ? Macheda scored a brace

Perhaps Anderson is getting close to contract negotiations. I'd be expecting a whole lot of badge kissing if he's scores. :D

Uniteds Reserve side last night against City contained a back four of Neville , Smalling, Brown and Raphael. Carrick, Gibson and Cleverley in midfield and Macheda up front.Thats not a bad side in any league ! No sign of Bebe. Cleverley had a cracker apparently and scored one goal with Macheda the other 2. 3-1 scoreline

Uniteds Reserve side last night against City contained a back four of Neville , Smalling, Brown and Raphael. Carrick, Gibson and Cleverley in midfield and Macheda up front.Thats not a bad side in any league ! No sign of Bebe. Cleverley had a cracker apparently and scored one goal with Macheda the other 2. 3-1 scoreline

Theres a few teams in the premier league who could equal that 2nd eleven Sparky so i wouldn't get too excited :D

the guardian was reporting that bebe got pulled from a training session because observers couldn't believe how bad he was. no touch, no technique or anything. really fishy transfer this one.

I wonder who the kids agent is-and if he has any other high profile clients that this transaction could be considered as a downpayment for? ;)

He brokered the deal of George Weah's Cousin to Southampton, regulary has Dinner at the Redknapp Household in Sandbanks & has been Titus Bramble's Agent since he was 7 apparently..

I wonder who the kids agent is-and if he has any other high profile clients that this transaction could be considered as a downpayment for? ;)

He brokered the deal of George Weah's Cousin to Southampton, regulary has Dinner at the Redknapp Household in Sandbanks & has been Titus Bramble's Agent since he was 7 apparently..

This almost deserves its own thread, the Bebe thread....and it can only get better...as with the player. :lol:

7.4m for a Portugese third division player that could'nt trap a bag of cement..

Edited by carmine

Looks like we're taking Thai money at Old Trafford.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={48C41513-A376-4D1F-981D-660FC5BB193E}&redirectorid=news_story&newsid=6651686

The partnership will see Singha Beer sold at Old Trafford during matches, as well as giving the Thai brewer advertising opportunities in the stadium and in the club’s media outlets.

Can we take their money and drink real ale ?