Manchester United

redrus

With the prospect of Falcao and/or Cavani heading to the EPL, it seems United is willing to up the ante:

http://espnfc.com/news/story?id=1430712&cc=4716

Somehow I don't see Ronaldo going back to OT, unless of course the surprise is he goes with Mourinho.

I still see Bale as a possibility, because of the players they can offer......Ryan might have a word in his ear. wink.png

Actually I'd bet there is a very good chance Ronaldo would return. I think he sees his days at United as his most content period in football, and probably regrets leaving for the Real Madrid soap opera. I'm sure SAF would be delighted. Ronaldo at OT, and Rooney in Paris or elsewhere.

Not a welcome scenario for City.

• Like 1

With the prospect of Falcao and/or Cavani heading to the EPL, it seems United is willing to up the ante:

http://espnfc.com/news/story?id=1430712&cc=4716

Somehow I don't see Ronaldo going back to OT, unless of course the surprise is he goes with Mourinho.

I still see Bale as a possibility, because of the players they can offer......Ryan might have a word in his ear. wink.png

Actually I'd bet there is a very good chance Ronaldo would return. I think he sees his days at United as his most content period in football, and probably regrets leaving for the Real Madrid soap opera. I'm sure SAF would be delighted. Ronaldo at OT, and Rooney in Paris or elsewhere.

Not a welcome scenario for City.

Yes I'm sure he misses the ship canal and the rain. tongue.png

• Like 1

United need a player like Keano, Carrick is fanastic but too nice, need someone with him to stand their ground instead of being bullied.

Need a player like Keano to do what?

They have won the league by a distance and Carrick was almost footballer of the year.

He's a superb player as he is, why the need to change his style to someone he's not?

• Like 1

United need a player like Keano, Carrick is fanastic but too nice, need someone with him to stand their ground instead of being bullied.

Many people have been saying that for 2 seasons btk, but all Mr red would say was Cleverly 24.gif

They have won the league by a distance and Carrick was almost footballer of the year.

He's a superb player as he is, why the need to change his style to someone he's not?

I know, It is just that United are missing Keano/Robson type player, of course Carrick is a marvellous player, but to play against the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, City and Arsenal, United need a player to can bite into them. Just my 5 baht worth.

Edited by Billy The Kid

I know, It is just that United are missing Keano/Robson type player, of course Carrick is a marvellous player, but to pay against the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, City and Arsenal, United need a player to can bite into them. Just my 5 baht worth.

You still have Vidic when fit, who I think is similar. And although I hate to say it, I really rate.

I know, It is just that United are missing Keano/Robson type player, of course Carrick is a marvellous player, but to play against the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, City and Arsenal, United need a player to can bite into them. Just my 5 baht worth.

Suarez?

• Like 2

I know, It is just that United are missing Keano/Robson type player, of course Carrick is a marvellous player, but to pay against the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, City and Arsenal, United need a player to can bite into them. Just my 5 baht worth.

You still have Vidic when fit, who I think is similar. And although I hate to say it, I really rate.

Of course Vidic is a great tough player, but he is a central back not a midfielder like Keano/Robson. I am still learning, lol. Great thread though.

Suarez?

biggrin.png Good one, I mean differently.

Keane/Robsons mold are very hard to find they are in a mold of there own, both fantastic players, i agree we need someone to go along side Carrick, i like Dembele and was sad to see him go to spurs, we get the right player we will have a great side next season.

Keane/Robsons mold are very hard to find they are in a mold of there own, both fantastic players, i agree we need someone to go along side Carrick, i like Dembele and was sad to see him go to spurs, we get the right player we will have a great side next season.

Don't give up hope mate, Spurs like selling to Man U. biggrin.png

Of course Vidic is a great tough player, but he is a central back not a midfielder like Keano/Robson. I am still learning, lol. Great thread though.

Don't worry so is Bj if he is comparing Vidic with a ball winning midfield player !

• Like 1

Don't worry so is Bj if he is comparing Vidic with a ball winning midfield player !

I wasn't comparing them to the position they play in. I was comparing them for their "hardness" and style. How many types of these players do you need in a team? One or two is enough IMO. Vidic is Captain and seems to control it well enough from defence, whereas Keane captained and controlled it from midfield.

Interesting comments.

Since Keane's departure in 2005 we have won the league five times with three 2nd's which is slightly better than the previous thirteen years of the Robson/Keane era in the premiership (eight 1st's, two 2nd's and three 3rd's).

But when you look at the overall performance during the last eight years we have averaged more points, won more games and averaged more points per game in those seasons. And this has been achieved during a period when we have had to contend with the Glazier debt and compete with the unlimited buying power of the sugar daddy teams.

Would we be better off with another Robson/Keane type player?..............I don't know, But what I can say is that during the past eight years we raised the level of consistency to even greater heights, to a level never seen before in the history of Engish top flight football.

It's a team game I know but Carrick has certainly played his part..

• Like 1

Arguing again lads... tut tut.. ;)

We don't need hard nut players particularly anymore, the games moved on especially in Europe. Too many bookings not enough grace.

The Keanes, Robbo's the Genaro Gattuso's are all but dinosaurs now, relics of a time that was good in England, but bobbins everywhere else, we need to grow up and move on footballing wise, seriously..!

We got left behind in Europe already, lets not wish for it again.

redrus

• Like 1

Arguing again lads... tut tut.. wink.png

We don't need hard nut players particularly anymore, the games moved on especially in Europe. Too many bookings not enough grace.

The Keanes, Robbo's the Genaro Gattuso's are all but dinosaurs now, relics of a time that was good in England, but bobbins everywhere else, we need to grow up and move on footballing wise, seriously..!

We got left behind in Europe already, lets not wish for it again.

redrus

So True...That is a sad way to go for football, i used to love watching football in the seventies where Norman Hunter could chop anybody legs and get away with it. lol... I miss all that, real tough football like Keano, Viera, Souness and many others. Never forget what Keano did to the man who damaged his knee, poor man never plays football after that. Haalland was his name I think... True too many yellow cards nowadays than before. They are like playing Tiddlewinks now. lol ,So boring but that the way it is, like Redrus said, that door is closed we have to move on to something new.

• Like 2

Surely Webbs last game in a United shirt......he has been poor for a couple of seasons now......time to bring in Clattenburg !laugh.png

Sending off Rafael when you are 1-0 down must be the last straw.Webb could have redeemed himself by sending off Luiz instead and awarding United a penalty !

But United.....no De Gea,Ferdinand,Kagawa or Rooney.....the first three have been amongst the best players recently.Surely the time to give fringe players a run out is the meaningless games against Swansea and West Brom,not this one ?

I thought Anderson did OK,though,just surprised he was in the starting line up.

And in the second half,replacing a midfielder with Buttner,another left back,that was a strange decision.whistling.gif

Surely Webbs last game in a United shirt......he has been poor for a couple of seasons now......time to bring in Clattenburg !laugh.png

Sending off Rafael when you are 1-0 down must be the last straw.Webb could have redeemed himself by sending off Luiz instead and awarding United a penalty !

But United.....no De Gea,Ferdinand,Kagawa or Rooney.....the first three have been amongst the best players recently.Surely the time to give fringe players a run out is the meaningless games against Swansea and West Brom,not this one ?

And in the second half,replacing a midfielder with Buttner,another left back,that was a strange decision.whistling.gif

Sir Alex is -- WELL SIR Alex that's why he does what he does - anyway Butner played well and with another game will get a League Medal !

SAF is a nice guy.

BT

In the scheme of things it was a meaningless sending off. It did up Webbs quota for Utd games though meaning he can give you a biggy when it really matters.

BTW, i thought Utd could have put something into that game don't you?

In the scheme of things it was a meaningless sending off. It did up Webbs quota for Utd games though meaning he can give you a biggy when it really matters.

BTW, i thought Utd could have put something into that game don't you?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif You really are something hit-the-fan.gif What a load of Tripe coffee1.gif

BTbiggrin.png

For an interest I attempt to pick United teams well prior to kick off knowing well that SAF picks his teams 2 weeks ahead,barring injuries of course.

I thought last night it was a perfect time to play Hernandes who must be tempted to find another club, Kagawa who hasn't played that much ,Buttner at LB in place of Evra and young Nick Powell who has hardly featured at all apart from in reserves and is an England U/19 player and loads of potentail but he selects Ryan Giggs who had a shocker and Evra who played like an old man and whose non existent prescence, when need in defence, has cost United dearly in some big games. While the team was still strong enough to win at home it was a "limp lettuce ' performance and the 5th deflected goal of the season,gave Chelsea a huge boost.

Raphael was simply silly, out of frustration, but Luis play acting and laying there laughing really finished my night off. United owe, to the paying customers, to get their finger well and truly out

• Like 2

Raphael was simply silly, out of frustration, but Luis play acting and laying there laughing really finished my night off. United owe, to the paying customers, to get their finger well and truly out

Yup and doing it right in front of Sian Massey who doesn't miss a trick.

I couldn't believe Luiz was smiling, at first I thought he was grimacing.

According to the pundits over here at the time, they reckon he was smiling at the crowd who were probably giving him a right load of grief. Smiling at them is better than getting up and doing a "Cantona" I suppose.

According to the pundits over here at the time, they reckon he was smiling at the crowd who were probably giving him a right load of grief. Smiling at them is better than getting up and doing a "Cantona" I suppose.

I think he was in front of the Celski mob w00t.gif

BTbiggrin.png