Manchester United

redrus

Good result that,very happy to see the old clinical finishing has not been lost although we did sitback way to much in the second half.

Still the big ugly sleeping giant is slowly waking up....as per usual wink.png

Come on you Reds!!

Red that first half we was excellent, but the 3 changes at half time let them back in it, thought Valencia had a good game, and rooney and rvp look like they are enjoying playing together no sign of the rift the media are trying to make out.

That is 4 straight win and 7 undefeated, looking forward to next weeks game but first we have the game in spain to get out of the way.

If we do we will be 3 points off the form team at the moment and after our worst start for a long time, and chelsea and city within touching distance, i wonder if carmine's prediction we won't make top 7 is still his beliefbiggrin.png

Game of two halves if ever there was one.

We did allow them back into the game in the second half, and things would have been more comfortable had we simply continued doing what we were doing in the first, but i think the manager had it right. 3 goals up and you want to give pitch time to some of the other guys. Also, the team had showed how well it could attack, time to show how well it could defend a lead and absorb some pressure. The answer was not particularly well, but that's ok. Shows them there is plenty of work to be done, and gave them some practice and experience at the back. Practice and experience that may well prove useful next week.

If we do we will be 3 points off the form team at the moment and after our worst start for a long time, and chelsea and city within touching distance, i wonder if carmine's prediction we won't make top 7 is still his beliefbiggrin.png

Yep still happy with that. Where are you now btw? Ofcourse it really depends on Van Persie staying fit doesn't it because although Rooney's playing very well without Van Persie's goals you're fcuked.

My nephew's U11 team could have challenged Fulham in the first half. Mindyou, cracking finish by RVP if possibly offside. Woeful defending by Fulham and i'd have thought Jol and Hughton must be favorites for the sack right now.

I was worried that Beverley Cleverly was going to hav heavy contact with a blade of grass and damage ligaments or break something. Not much of a midfield dynamo.

Ofcourse it really depends on Van Persie staying fit doesn't it because although Rooney's playing very well without Van Persie's goals you're fcuked.

Not really no. Would be a loss of course but i still think our two back up strikers, Hernandez and Welbeck are very capable. No doubt that comment will be a cue for jokes about Welbeck's finishing. Go ahead and joke, but i still think the job he can do holding the ball up, the quick pace he has, his control of the ball, make him a valuable player. Just sharpen up his finishing and he'll be there.

Anyway, it seems like since RVP moved from Arsenal to United, his injuryproneness seems to have dropped. That will no doubt be the cue for him to get a season ending injury in the next game.

Ofcourse it really depends on Van Persie staying fit doesn't it because although Rooney's playing very well without Van Persie's goals you're fcuked.

Not really no. Would be a loss of course but i still think our two back up strikers, Hernandez and Welbeck are very capable. No doubt that comment will be a cue for jokes about Welbeck's finishing. Go ahead and joke, but i still think the job he can do holding the ball up, the quick pace he has, his control of the ball, make him a valuable player. Just sharpen up his finishing and he'll be there.

Anyway, it seems like since RVP moved from Arsenal to United, his injuryproneness seems to have dropped. That will no doubt be the cue for him to get a season ending injury in the next game.

I think Welbecks a good player actually. I just think that Van Persie's phenomenal scoring rate is the difference but that would be the case in any side he was in. Don't forget, there are some Walter Mitty characters on here that think you are going to win the title this season.

Rumours persist about a possible Hernandez move….

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Why are talking about something that might never happen facepalm.gif and if you do it will be 5 points !

Good result that,very happy to see the old clinical finishing has not been lost although we did sitback way to much in the second half.

Still the big ugly sleeping giant is slowly waking up....as per usual wink.png

Come on you Reds!!

You talking about Fellaini again Mr Red? biggrin.png

Red that first half we was excellent, but the 3 changes at half time let them back in it, thought Valencia had a good game, and rooney and rvp look like they are enjoying playing together no sign of the rift the media are trying to make out.

That is 4 straight win and 7 undefeated, looking forward to next weeks game but first we have the game in spain to get out of the way.

Lads, your sounding like the scousers wink.png I.E getting excited about beating a very poor team laugh.png

Lads, your sounding like the scousers wink.png I.E getting excited about beating a very poor team laugh.png

This is true, I'm sure the toffees will be excited when they beat you today

The Toffees in second place, would make them currently the best Liverpool team.biggrin.png

The Toffees in second place, would make them currently the best Liverpool team.biggrin.png

That's alright as long as they don't win anything wink.png

Jamie Redknapp reckons you should sign ex Spurs man.

Steven Caulker is the king of Wales, but how long will he stay at Cardiff?

He’s so good he could play for Manchester United in the Champions League.

Tottenham didn’t want to sell him but he forced their hand because he wanted first-team football.

On Sunday he showed what he can offer.

His goal will bring greater attention but his performances all season have been first-class.

No disrespect to Cardiff, but this move is just a stepping stone for Steven.

He’s ahead of Phil Jones as a centre back right now and he could gatecrash the England World Cup squad.

Edited by uptheos

Jamie Redknapp reckons you should sign ex Spurs man.

Steven Caulker is the king of Wales, but how long will he stay at Cardiff?

He’s so good he could play for Manchester United in the Champions League.

Tottenham didn’t want to sell him but he forced their hand because he wanted first-team football.

On Sunday he showed what he can offer.

His goal will bring greater attention but his performances all season have been first-class.

He’s ahead of Phil Jones as a centre back right now and he could gatecrash the England World Cup squad.

He can't be, Jones was going to be the next world beater, another Duncan Edwards etc etc !laugh.png

I couldn't agree more, moving to Cardiff was definitely a step up from his former club.

thumbsup.gif

I think we did him a favor. Caulker understandably wanted first team football but we have world class Jan Vertonghen as left sided center back so it was a no brainer.

Caulkers a good prospect but didn't come on as we thought and the frequent training ground comparison to Vertonghen probably only highlighted flaws

I couldn't agree more, moving to Cardiff was definitely a step up from his former club.

thumbsup.gif

I think we did him a favor. Caulker understandably wanted first team football but we have world class Jan Vertonghen as left sided center back so it was a no brainer.

Caulkers a good prospect but didn't come on as we thought and the frequent training ground comparison to Vertonghen probably only highlighted flaws

Jan Vertonghen "world class" you,ve been watching a mediocre club too long-in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king?
  • Like 1

Alfie Conn listens to and believes anybody who has the name Redknapp clap2.gif

I Cauker is above Jones for England why has he not been picked in the last few teams?

I do like Cauker but he needs to carry on his progression of joining better clubs.

Edited by MrRed

I Cauker is above Jones for England why has he not been picked in the last few teams?

I do like Cauker but he needs to carry on his progression of joining better clubs.

Nobody gets picked on the basis of one good performance and to suggest he has joined a better club than Spurs..... tut tut.biggrin.png

Father Harry of course is letting all his frustrations out to anyone from the media who will listen.Unfortuantly now with QPR he is finding it hard to get an audience.He stops the car winds down the window but no one is there apart from gate keeper and he's heard it all before. Jamie must be immensley proud.

Back to Man United.Real Sociedad if i remember are on zero points but they are far better than that and its last chance saloon for them.

Team ,how could you pick it ?

De Gea

Smalling Ferdinand Jones Evra

Nani Fellaini Giggs Young

Rooney Hernandes

If anyone gets access to Wigan games trust me that young Nick Powell, since his injury, is coming on leaps and bounds .Hit a screamer for the winner last weekend and has 4 goals in the Europa League ..Like all young guys growing he has bulked up a bit but lost none of his pace.Right now Moyes must be tempted to bring him back at Christmas and try and offload Anderson and Nani.

Sadly I watched last weekend Paul Pogba continue his rise with Juventus....the one that got away....... and blame lies at the door of SAF.Left on a free and would now command 25-30,000 quid for a transfer. Plays like a younger version of Patrick Viera. Anyone who watched him last season could have seen what he had, what were the coaches and SAF thinking not bringing him through last year. The missing link and afar better player now than Fellaini

• Like 1

If anyone gets access to Wigan games trust me that young Nick Powell, since his injury, is coming on leaps and bounds .Hit a screamer for the winner last weekend and has 4 goals in the Europa League ..Like all young guys growing he has bulked up a bit but lost none of his pace.Right now Moyes must be tempted to bring him back at Christmas and try and offload Anderson and Nani.

Sadly I watched last weekend Paul Pogba continue his rise with Juventus....the one that got away....... and blame lies at the door of SAF.Left on a free and would now command 25-30,000 quid for a transfer. Plays like a younger version of Patrick Viera. Anyone who watched him last season could have seen what he had, what were the coaches and SAF thinking not bringing him through last year. The missing link and afar better player now than Fellaini

SAF was in no way to blame for the loss of Paul Pogba-Pogba,s agent was solely responsible,he manipulated this move and sadly the greed of Paul himself,if you only knew the full facts?
  • Like 2

To be fair, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that Caulker is one of Jamies pals thus the reason for him talking him up !

• Like 1

SAF was in no way to blame for the loss of Paul Pogba-Pogba,s agent was solely responsible,he manipulated this move and sadly the greed of Paul himself,if you only knew the full facts?

Funny that!! Pogba is on record as saying the reasons he left United were Ferguson, and the fact he wasnt picked and was not getting game time. Nothing to do with money. Fergie cocked up big time with him.