Manchester United

redrus

Now Sir Alex Ferguson is weighing up a bid for 27-year-old Ibrahimovic, who is values at £30m, report the Daily Mirror

I hope he doesnt. Great goal scorer in his own league but when it comes to playing other sides throughout Europe is a bit of a dud. I seem to remember he has never scored against United, but I will stand corrected on that.

Agreed. I see a lot of similarities to Shevchenko.

Ibrahimovic is an over-rated player, with an over-sized ego and an over-inflated price tag. What's he ever done? Done OK i guess playing for his country, but in terms of club football not much. He's been flattered by playing in a crap league for the last x number of years. If he ever comes to the EPL i think he'll fall flat on his face.

Any man who wears a hair band is obviously far to far up his own arse - i think Tevez proved that in the end sadly.

Now Sir Alex Ferguson is weighing up a bid for 27-year-old Ibrahimovic, who is values at £30m, report the Daily Mirror

I hope he doesnt. Great goal scorer in his own league but when it comes to playing other sides throughout Europe is a bit of a dud. I seem to remember he has never scored against United, but I will stand corrected on that.

Ibrahimovic is an over-rated player, with an over-sized ego and an over-inflated price tag. What's he ever done? Done OK i guess playing for his country, but in terms of club football not much. He's been flattered by playing in a crap league for the last x number of years. If he ever comes to the EPL i think he'll fall flat on his face.

Any man who wears a hair band is obviously far to far up his own arse - i think Tevez proved that in the end sadly.

I agree also, when Inter played United in the champions league last season Ibrahimovic did absolutely nothing. I did not feel worried at all that he might be able to create something. He looked total out of his depth.

I agree also, when Inter played United in the champions league last season Ibrahimovic did absolutely nothing. I did not feel worried at all that he might be able to create something. He looked total out of his depth.

Thought he looked untouchable at times in that game, hardly lost possession and also brought others into the game. He was unlucky to hit the bar with a shot and another shot inches wide.

Anyway when I have seen him play in Serie A, thought he has it all. I think a move to EPL would suit his style of play but you have Berbatov so why do you need Ibra?

i agree with both of you he is not what we want and not good enough!

Actually its probably all just media speculation. I think journos have a list of players and they just rotate them through the clubs.With Uniteds huge share of possession, in most matches, they just need someone to put it away which hasnt happened in the last 2 seasons.Their goals to chances ratio stats is poor. Enter Michael Owen .He wont score from outside the box but his goals scoring record even, for Newcastle, 30 odd goals in 79 matches suggests thats why Fergie has put some faith in him. If we knew what players are either leaving or going out on loan the picture may become clearer.

Very Large Proportions

The current squad according to Manchester United’s site looks like this at the moment :-

No Assigned shirt number as yet

Valencia

Owen

Obertan

• Van der Sar
  • Neville
  • Evra
  • Hargreaves
  • Ferdinand
  • Brown

• Anderson
  • Berbatov
  • Rooney
  • Giggs
  • Foster
  • Park
  • Tosic
  • Vidic
  • Carrick
  • Nani
  • Scholes
  • Welbeck
  • Fabio
  • Rafael
  • O’Shea
  • Evans
  • Fletcher
  • Simpson
  • Manucho
  • Gibson
  • Kuszczak

• Hewson
  • Possebon ..(on Loan)
  • Cleverley
  • Gray
  • Cathcart
  • Zieler
  • Chester
  • Amos
  • Macheda
  • Eckersley
  • -
  • De Laet
  • Evans
  • Drinkwater
  • James

Brandy

Heaton

Quite a wage bill !

Young Cathcart has gone to Plymouth Argyle on loan. Good prospect but needs to build up a very lean frame. Can see Manucho going out on loan again,didnt do much last yr,very disappointing but you are right some have got to go out.Playing the mickey mouse Reserve competition is to nobodys benefit

July 10th, 2009

No Saturday 3 o’clocks-ROM

After the release of dates that Sky Sports and ESPN will show Premiership games, a massive ten fixture changes have been brought to Manchester United’s schedule.

With kick-off times being listed up until the end of November, we currently have none at Saturday 3 o’clock.

United v Birmingham Sun 16 August KO 13.30 Live on Sky

Burnley v United Wed 19 August KO 7.45pm (was Tuesday, until Birmingham match moved to Sunday)

United v Arsenal Sat 29 August KO 5.15pm Live on Sky

Tottenham v United Sat 12 September KO 5.15pm Live on ESPN

United v City Sun 20 September KO 1.30pm Live on Sky

United v Sunderland Sat 3 October KO 5.15pm Live on ESPN

Liverpool v United Sun 25 October KO 2.00pm Live on Sky

United v Blackburn Sat 31 October KO 5.15pm Live on ESPN

Chelsea v United Sun 8 November KO 4.00pm Live on Sky

United v Everton Sat 21 November KO 5.15pm Live on ESPN

redrus

July 10th, 2009

No Saturday 3 o’clocks-ROM

After the release of dates that Sky Sports and ESPN will show Premiership games, a massive ten fixture changes have been brought to Manchester United’s schedule.

With kick-off times being listed up until the end of November, we currently have none at Saturday 3 o’clock.

United v Birmingham Sun 16 August KO 13.30 Live on Sky

Burnley v United Wed 19 August KO 7.45pm (was Tuesday, until Birmingham match moved to Sunday)

United v Arsenal Sat 29 August KO 5.15pm Live on Sky

Tottenham v United Sat 12 September KO 5.15pm Live on ESPN

United v City Sun 20 September KO 1.30pm Live on Sky

United v Sunderland Sat 3 October KO 5.15pm Live on ESPN

Liverpool v United Sun 25 October KO 2.00pm Live on Sky

United v Blackburn Sat 31 October KO 5.15pm Live on ESPN

Chelsea v United Sun 8 November KO 4.00pm Live on Sky

United v Everton Sat 21 November KO 5.15pm Live on ESPN

redrus

The last 4 (sans bb) are a tad important. :)

again, i'm sure that those aren't confirmed until mister ferguson says so. can't have united playing on a saturday at midday after a wednesday champions league game for example can we?

Stevie you may address him as Sir Alex,

...but only after you've gone down on one knee and touched your forelock............. :)

again, i'm sure that those aren't confirmed until mister ferguson says so. can't have united playing on a saturday at midday after a wednesday champions league game for example can we?

Steve get it right mate, saf only complains about that after the group stage :)

Zlatan is right man - Blomqvist

Stuart Mathieson in The MEN

July 10, 2009

ZLATAN Ibrahimovic is no longer the enigma of European goalscoring.

That is the view of his former Sweden teammate and United treble winner Jesper Blomqvist, who is tipping the Inter Milan man as a potential Reds hitman.

Inbrahimovic is emerging as a candidate to further boost Sir Alex Ferguson's forward line following the arrival Michael Owen.

There has always been a question mark over the 27-year-old Swede's ability at the highest level - a concern that he too often fails to cut it on the big stage.

Last season, however, he scored 25 Serie A goals in 35 appearances for Jose Mourinho's Inter to secure the Capocannoniere as Italy's top division's number one goal scorer.

And Blomqvist insists there are no longer any doubts that Ibrahimovic is top dollar.

"I rate Zlatan very, very highly as a top player," Jesper told M.E.N. Sport.

"Yes, there were questions about him but over the last two years he has matured on and off the pitch and like any great player he has addressed his game, worked on it and got better and better.

"I don't think there are any concerns about him now. I think he is very special."

Ibrahimovic was saddled with the `enigma' tag despite racking up an impressive 80 goals in the Italian league for Juventus and Inter since 2004.

Complete

Blomqvist believes he is now a more complete striker.

"To score goals in Serie A is probably the toughest job there is," he said. "It is the most difficult league to play as a striker because they are so focused on defence in Italy. But his record is fantastic. It has always been good but where he has improved so much now is the kind of goals he scores.

"Previously he seemed to want to score all the nice goals and the spectacular ones. He didn't get the scruffy or simple ones.

"He'd get the wonder-goals but wouldn't be there to knock in a rebound. He also didn't make the right choices when to dribble or when to make the easy pass.

"That's where the question marks came in because it frustrated people.

"But he understands now that, if you want to be regarded as one of the greatest strikers, you have to have a variety of finishes in your game. You have to add the tap-ins to your game and know when to play it simple to be one of the best.

"Over the last couple of seasons he has gradually developed that in his game and it has made him a better and one of the best goalscorers around.

"He's big and powerful and a lot of people didn't think that was reflected with his headed goals. But again he has improved that and is now an aerial threat."

With Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez gone from Old Trafford, Reds boss Fergie is still on the lookout for a front man to add to his Owen swoop.

Blomqvist believes Ibrahimovic would be a United hit.

"I really think he'd do well at United," added Blomqvist. "He would be a great replacement for Ronaldo. He can score goals, he can dribble, he can head the ball, is strong and he has got great technique.

"If I were a United fan I would love to have him at Old Trafford. He's the kind of player they take to.

"He'd suit United and United would suit Zlatan. A player of his calibre would fit in nicely."

redrus

Number 15 for Owen, or just a training top....?

Daily Mirror Link....!

redrus

I reckon it's just a training top. Vidic normally wears No, 15 doesn't he ?

Sorry, forgot the :D unless for some reson Vidic has found a lower number, although looking at last years numbers, only 14 is available........ As well as 7 :)

redrus

Number 15 for Owen, or just a training top....?

Daily Mirror Link....!

redrus

I reckon it's just a training top. Vidic normally wears No, 15 doesn't he ?

Sorry, forgot the :D unless for some reson Vidic has found a lower number, although looking at last years numbers, only 14 is available........ As well as 7 :D

redrus

I've got a feeling Tosic has already claimed shirt No.14.... :)

Perhaps we should run a "book" on what number Owen gets. I'll have 5 Bob on 32........... :D

Can you tell I'm not at work..................... :)

Actually redrus, no i can't. Spending too much time on Thaivisa is usually a sign of people being at work! :D

As for the latest signings, will have to see how they pan out i guess but nothing as yet to set the heart racing.

Re new signngs ,last night True Vision replayed the Wigan/ United game , 3rd last game from memory. I did of course take special notice of Valencia's performance and if you remember Wigan gave them a real scare only Carricks left foot rocket saving the day after Tevez equalised. Well Valencia certainly looked the goods .He is quite a big lad but very quick and laid off a couple of good passes. Not so sure of his goal scoring ability at this stage but I would prefer he cross them and let someone else worry about that. Certainly worked hard tracking back no doubt keen to impress Fergie as the transfer was certainly on at that time.

So anyway, tongue in cheek remarks aside................., the number 7 shirt is still available, in saying I'm 99.9999999999999999999% certain none of the new signings will get it, has Fergie a mammoth card up his sleeve....?

Any thoughts fello ponderers....? :)

redrus

So anyway, tongue in cheek remarks aside................., the number 7 shirt is still available, in saying I'm 99.9999999999999999999% certain none of the new signings will get it, has Fergie a mammoth card up his sleeve....?

Any thoughts fello ponderers....? :D

Bobby Charlton :)

redrus

Still need an attacking left sided player who can score goals. Has Giggsy been cloned in the past ? Trying to read Fergies mind is an impossibility you can almost guarantee it will be a player who has not been mentioned in the media. if thats possible. Aaron Lennon ? can play right or left made Evra look rather ordinary which is not an easy task. Would not surprise me to see the No 7 shirt going into mothballs if the right player is not found.

redrus

Ashley Young from Villa.good young player,left side. Still talk about Dodo but he would need ayr to settle.

Can we make Lennon the player he could be.....? Is he that good.....? He did make Evra look a <deleted> and that is no mean feat cos Evra made Heinze look ordinary....

Would I give him No 7...................... No. Then again, I wouldn't have given it to Ronnie either....!

redrus

Any thoughts fello ponderers....? :D

Bobby Charlton :D

Shaun Goater.................... :)

redrus

redrus

Sir Alex Ferguson handed Michael Owen the prized Manchester United number seven shirt and then declared Old Trafford closed for transfer business.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/...ER_Man_Utd.html

Maybe just paper talk?

We all should know by know that managers say what ever they think will benefit them at the time, especially at this time of year. You believe it at your peril.

Personally I think Owen can do a good job at any club, if he can keep injury free, and with the quality players that United have, he can provide the necessary "20 goals a season" or more. The injury part is the big thing though.

thanks stevie we are glad too!

and rafa was thinking of bringing him back to liverpool but he said we cannot because gerrard and torres have to play every week,and owen needs to play to get back in england squad and bench warming will not help.

how considerate!

looks like gerrard and torres will be worn out by xmas.

We all should know by know that managers say what ever they think will benefit them at the time, especially at this time of year. You believe it at your peril.

Personally I think Owen can do a good job at any club, if he can keep injury free, and with the quality players that United have, he can provide the necessary "20 goals a season" or more. The injury part is the big thing though.

Am surprised at this news and it seems 100% if said at news conference not just some journo's rambling. Unless Nani suddenly comes good .or Tosic steps up there is no natural left sided player with pace . The good thing is maybe Macheda and Wellbeck will get more opportunties. I certainly hope so. Interesting to see Fergie say that Tevez was offered a deal back in March and never got back to him, was phoned and texted 3 times,while on holdays, and never returned the calls. Seems like Tevez or his Agent more likely had made up their mind a long time ago.Interesting to see how much playing time he gets at City.