Manchester United

redrus

Last night I dreamt Burnley beat Man Utd. 3-1

My dreams have been profitable so far, because I dreamt 6-1 to the Gunners at the weekend.

Be wary of dreams syd - sometimes you wake up in the middle of them and scream "fu_ck you rooney" :)

Anyone know if True Visions are showing the game? It's not in my magazine and i'm having troubles with their website.

145am, chic channel mate

Cheers.

Four serious questions I have.

1) Why are not rooney and owen taking penalties?

2) With ferdinand and vidic perpetually injured, why are we not buying a decent centre half?

3) Why do we keep playing park who couldn't score an own goal on an empty net?

4) With all the talk of giving the young kids like macheda and wellbeck a chance, but no sign of them, even on the bench?

5) With all the money we have made selling players, why the fu_ck haven't gill and co done something about the first 4 questions?

owen's fuc_king atrocious at taking penalties james. he gets about as much power in his shots as an 11 year old schoolboy.

maybe so stevie but when you look at our last couple of opportunities - last night, and Charity shield, not a striker to be found. Fu_cking hel_l, if I was one I would be kicking my teammates out of the way to take it.

Anyways, I hope the fact that we have scored exactly one goal against two new teams (granted they play 10 men behind the ball) wakes up somebody at OT. It's alot like last year when we couldn't finish. And in my eyes Rooney looks tired already.

Rarely do I question SAF, but last night would have been the perfect opportunity to start the likes of Macheda, Wellbeck (is he healthy) and Toscik (however you spell it) and bring on Rooney and co in the second half if needed.

Credit where credit is due, Burnley stuck to their game plan, played good solid football on their own turf and scored the best volleyed goal I've seen in quite a while.

I have to agree about Park & Stevie comments on Owen taking penalties, but an experienced well paid player like Carrick should stick them away 99 times out of a 100.

If this loss and the hair-dryer treatment doesn't serve as a reminder to lift their game then I don't know what will.

I thought Burnley's keeper played a "blinder".

( I wished I hadn't set the clock and got upand watched it..... :) I was almost tempted to go and burn my flat cap and rattle BJ..)

Credit where credit is due, Burnley stuck to their game plan, played good solid football on their own turf and scored the best volleyed goal I've seen in quite a while.

I have to agree about Park & Stevie comments on Owen taking penalties, but an experienced well paid player like Carrick should stick them away 99 times out of a 100.

If this loss and the hair-dryer treatment doesn't serve as a reminder to lift their game then I don't know what will.

I thought Burnley's keeper played a "blinder".

( I wished I hadn't set the clock and got upand watched it..... :) I was almost tempted to go and burn my flat cap and rattle BJ..)

Don't agree Ken, besides one good volley from a piss poor clearance, Burnley had none of the ball.

And what is with Carrick (and not talking about the penalty now), but everytime one of our center backs gives / heads him the ball he gives it straight back to them and looks relieved that its not at his feet anymore. Then our defenders hoof it downfield to rooney and owen who are shorter than me and may win one out of 6 challenges in the air for the ball vs an averge CB.

Compare this to old Scholesy, who takes a quick look upfield or one touches to a winger 7 out of 10 times.

Worst performance from the very top (SAF) down I have seen in last 3 years.

I wished I hadn't set the clock and got upand watched it.....

Set the clock but it must have known something i didn't - it didn't go off.

Slept like a baby.

Sounds like there's work to be done.

devine intervention rix, mine went off and i almost didn't get up (dam_n it)

Credit to burnley.

James there was nothing wrong with our back four last night they did well cannot fault them for the goal and a top one at that.

Fergie got it wrong team selection anderson CANNOT play in a 442 formation he was lost last night.

Midfield should have been giiggs carrick fletcher valencia two wide players.

Berbatov should have started owen is a bench player now,he did not look up yo pace.

Park a good player when you need someone to mark nan attacking fullback,like cole,we did not need him last night,runs around a lot bit like tevez both's first touch terrible they spend to much time chasing there bad touches.

We need a central midfield player and another striker.

Wellbeck and macheda should be ahead of owen for a starting place along side rooney,owen a bench play get 20 mins try rescue a game.

Will be a long season.

But i still think we are in with a chance of the league still!

Also giggs and evra had top notch games last night and a big improvement if we are going to get anything from wigan game.

i politely disagree, evra was outstanding against bham, last night his poor clearance led to the goal and on two other occaisions his man was unmarked on their crosses.

on the offensive side, he usually makes some decent crosses into the box but last night many of his were found wanting (albeit we did earn a corner or two).

giggsy appeared to have a stellar game because the rest were woeful. not a good sign when a 35 yr old is the best player on the pitch.

speaking of corners, perhaps it's a lack of vidic in the middle of things, but we never really look like we are gonna get anything from these.

I was almost tempted to go and burn my flat cap and rattle BJ..)

I guess last night was that slap across the face with a Black Pudding ken :)

A good kick up the ass, and a warning to a few that they shouldn't be complacent. Well done to Burnley.

I was almost tempted to go and burn my flat cap and rattle BJ..)

I guess last night was that slap across the face with a Black Pudding ken :D

A good kick up the ass, and a warning to a few that they shouldn't be complacent. Well done to Burnley [b/].

As every neutral will agree. :)

They may even fulfill my prediction of not being relegated. Let's hope so.

But not to forget that the difference between Burnley and Man u (apart from the all important superb goal of course) was the outstanding Jensen and that Burnley found a way to pack their deep mid-field and Man u could not.

Do they miss Ronaldo ? Unquestionably. Although if Valencia had realised that he was the one player who could have influenced the game in favour of Man u ...

Not to worry. It's still a two horse race for the actual Championship , imo. And despite Man u's traditional slow start , they'll be one of themI'm sure.

Lampard: Ronaldo almost irreplaceable at United

August 21, 2009

Comment

Email

Print

Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard has told Manchester United that only Lionel Messi could step in for Cristiano Ronaldo at Manchester United.

GettyImages

Lampard: Still believes United can be in the shake-up

Lampard believes the departure of the Portuguese winger to Real Madrid has helped bring the reigning champions back to the Premier League pack.

"It is very difficult to replace Ronaldo," Lampard said.

"I saw Alex Ferguson say that himself and I don't think he will look to replace him. He will look to make the team strong as a whole by not having him. That is the only thing they can do.

"The amount of times I flicked on the telly and saw Ronaldo had scored and they had won one or two-nil. Messi is probably the only player you could replace Ronaldo with.

"That is probably one of our big pluses this year - we didn't lose our big players."

Reflecting on the impact Ronaldo's transfer has had on the title race, Lampard added: "The league is probably closer now, which has been a bit of a natural thing over the past few years," he said. "In United's case, you don't want to draw the promoted teams so early in the season. They come out of the blocks to try and get some points. It [the defeat to Burnley] wasn't completely unexpected. I thought it might be a difficult game for them.

"We have now got a little bit of a lead over them and Liverpool. It is nice to get your noses in front."

Not in the slightest bit worried.

Well done Burnley.

I do find it hilarious however, every year the same bandwagon roll's on, "they lost it", "Fergies lost it", "United in freefall"....... When wil they learn. :)

redrus

Thigh Injury Sidelines Manchester United's Rio Ferdinand For One Month

Sir Alex Ferguson confirms the absence of England's roaming defender.

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson looked despondent during his press conference today, when he confirmed that the club are still struggling with injuries, with Rio Ferdinand the biggest casualty as the centre-back faces up to a month on the sidelines due to his troubling thigh injury.

On Wednesday the Red Devils suffered an embarrassing 1-0 reverse at Turf Moor, where Burnley marched to a surprise victory, and Ferguson today indicated what options he may have for the club's trip to Wigan Athletic on Saturday.

"The situation from Wednesday is that they're fit," he began to explain. "The one position that we hope is improving is [Nemanja] Vidic's - he's trained with us for ten days and hopefully he'll be ready for tomorrow.

"Gary Neville, he could be ready too," the Scotsman added. "That gives us experience at an important time after the defeat on Wednesday, and that should help us.

"Rio is out for three weeks to four weeks," he confirmed.

"The start of the season has been topsy-turvy for the past few seasons. We don't like losing in situations where we should have won. The Burnley fans were fantastic - it was the biggest night of their lives - and the players ran their socks off

Owen's goal was such a classic striker's goal - only true stikers can score 'em.

Good to see him get off the mark. I must confess though to feeling very confused inside when celebrating his goal.

Owen scoring in a United shirt is going to take some getting used to. Looking forward to that...

It looked like the slap across the face with a Black Pudding worked.. :)

Welcome to the "100 Club" Waza.

P.S. Even Nani surprised the sh*t out of me curling in the free-kick in injury time - mind you by that time it didn't really matter. I just wish the lad would put in a few decent crosses, Valencia seems to manage them very nicely.

Even Nani surprised the sh*t out of me curling in the free-kick in injury time - mind you by that time it didn't really matter. I just wish the lad would put in a few decent crosses, Valencia seems to manage them very nicely.

As the commentator reminded us, Nani cost 5m more than Ronaldo. Wish he would show some more return. The manager is sticking with him - hope he returns the favour.

If that team started at burnley we would have had a better chance of winning.

You play 442 you need two wide men valencia and nani offered that at wigan,

We looked abetter team without park and anderson.

Great second half showing.

Hmm dont forget Carrick; scholesy and fletch were dominant.

In which game james did they play together james enlighten me mate.

fletcher should play every game he is our best midfielder and either carrick or scholes to play with him.

Fergie is going 442 now and in the big games he might go back to a 451 with 3 central midfielders would start andit would not be the 3 you mentioned starting together.

fletcher should play every game he is our best midfielder and either carrick or scholes to play with him.

Fergie is going 442 now and in the big games he might go back to a 451 with 3 central midfielders would start andit would not be the 3 you mentioned starting together.

Maybe it was too late (old eyes) and I got my midfielders mixed up with anderson, giggs, carrick and park running about against burnely :) I didnt mean Carrick playing with those two, I meant scholesy and fletch are better pair than carrick and anderson.

Maybe it was too late (old eyes) and I got my midfielders mixed up with anderson, giggs, carrick and park running about against burnely :) I didnt mean Carrick playing with those two, I meant scholesy and fletch are better pair than carrick and anderson.

And thats what i said james same midfield against wigan we might have won at burnley, nani scholes fletcher and valencia.

Fletcher should have started at burnley fergie f**ked up!

Edited by nev