Manchester United

redrus

United were great last night, stonewall penalty not allowed too. The kids played out of their skins and really really deserved a result. Defeat is nothing more than an annoyance.................!

"Still in The Champions League, and thats a fact"....!

:)

redrus

United were great last night, stonewall penalty not allowed too. The kids played out of their skins and really really deserved a result. Defeat is nothing more than an annoyance.................!

"Still in The Champions League, and thats a fact"....!

Qualified,yes.Guaranteed to top the group?Not now you're not!Thanks to Ferguson's dismissal of the threat Besiktas on home soil,by playing an understrength team,United are now in the position where they HAVE to go to Wolfsburg and get at least a point to be a seeded team.Wolfsburg,on the other hand,will be going all out for a win because if they draw,they would be out if C.S.K.A Moscow grab a win at Besiktas.Why didn't Ferguson wrap it all up last night thereby leaving the Wolfsburg encounter as meaningless and introducing the 'kids' there?

redrus

Qualified,yes.Guaranteed to top the group?Not now you're not!Thanks to Ferguson's dismissal of the threat Besiktas on home soil,by playing an understrength team,United are now in the position where they HAVE to go to Wolfsburg and get at least a point to be a seeded team.Wolfsburg,on the other hand,will be going all out for a win because if they draw,they would be out if C.S.K.A Moscow grab a win at Besiktas.Why didn't Ferguson wrap it all up last night thereby leaving the Wolfsburg encounter as meaningless and introducing the 'kids' there?

Guess he thought it was a risk worth taking.

And from what i've heard about the game, it sounds like it was a gamble that very nearly paid off.

Senior players do need some rest and there's rarely a chance for that.

Put it this way, if we end up coming second in the CL group, but get better results than we would have done had some players been exhausted/injured from last night, i think it will have been worth it, cos at the end of the day you have to play the big teams in the CL at some point.

In Germany, play the same team but, Rooney up with young Danny, he and Macheda together was not going to work for me. Wellbeck had to come far too deep and that's not good for him at the moment....!

Come top, we could play Bayern or Real, second and we could play Barca..... Double edged sword that I know <deleted> us up a few years ago against AC but, what do you do. We're through and, you have to beat the top teams at some point anyway but, to win the Champions League, you have to win all your games, so....!

redrus

In Germany, play the same team but, Rooney up with young Danny, he and Macheda together was not going to work for me. Wellbeck had to come far too deep and that's not good for him at the moment....!

Come top, we could play Bayern or Real, second and we could play Barca..... Double edged sword that I know <deleted> us up a few years ago against AC but, what do you do. We're through and, you have to beat the top teams at some point anyway but, to win the Champions League, you have to win all your games, so....!

redrus

Yes, you do have to play the top teams at some point,Red,but you try to make it easy on yourselves by being seeded and not playing them until later on.Put Besiktas away first,then give the young uns' a run out in Germany.What Ferguson has done has jeopardised the progress of the club by gambling unnecessarily.I don't buy the resting of players angle because you've got Portsmouth this weekend.Not the hardest task in the world.

redrus

Yes, you do have to play the top teams at some point,Red,but you try to make it easy on yourselves by being seeded and not playing them until later on.Put Besiktas away first,then give the young uns' a run out in Germany.What Ferguson has done has jeopardised the progress of the club by gambling unnecessarily.I don't buy the resting of players angle because you've got Portsmouth this weekend.Not the hardest task in the world.

Come top, we could play Bayern or Real, second and we could play Barca..... Double edged sword

It is what it is OG, its happened we'll deal with or we'll go the same way as Liverpool. I don't think we're ready to win it this season, I thought we would last year. Luck plays a big part of that there's no doubt, I still would not bet against us and, i still think we have a better chance than and, are better than your lads....!

redrus

Could Cantona paly for Bath City?

bluesqfootball.com

Manchester United legend Eric Cantona could be lured out of retirement to play for Blue Square South side Bath City.

Award-winning film director and Bath fan Ken Loach is reported to be interested in bringing the 43-year-old out of retirement to play for the Romans.

Loach worked with Cantona in the recent cinema hit Looking for Eric, in which Cantona played himself.

Loach told The Sun: "If I were writing Bath's Cup run for a film, the story would be us getting to the third round and then drawing Manchester United away.

"I would get Eric out of retirement and he would score the winning goal in front of the Stretford End, wearing our black and white shirt.

"When filming with Eric, I spoke to him a lot about Bath.

"I asked if he would come and do a Q and A evening to raise some money for the club and he obliged.

"He came down, posed with a Bath shirt on and spent a couple of hours chatting to supporters.

"I think a few people were surprised at how charming he was, far removed from the pictures they had seen of him snarling away and kicking that Crystal Palace supporter in the chest.

"I think Eric found the whole experience very liberating and took away some great memories."

The former France international, who retired after leading United to the 1997 Premier League title, sent the Twerton Park side a 'good luck' message before their shock first-round win over Grimsby.

"I spoke to him before the Grimsby game and he wished us luck, which was a nice boost for the players," concluded Loach

redrus

PORTSMOUTH v MANCHESTER UNITED TEAM NEWS

SportingPreview.com, 28 Nov 2009

Portsmouth goalkeeper David james is out so Asmir Begovic is set to start between the sticks.

Avram Grant also has Jamie Ashdown as an option in goal but but Bosnia international Begovic has returned to Fratton park after being recalled from a loan spell at Ipswich earlier this week.

Hermann Hreidarsson should start but Grant has the option of recalling French loanee Frederic Piquionne in place of Kanu who is lacking match fitness having started his first game the season last week.

Manchester United have injury problems as they travel to Fratton Park to take on Avram Grant's Portsmouth.

Jonny Evans and John O'Shea are doubtful with calf and thigh injuries respectively.

Both players picked up their injuries on international duty, Evans with Northern Ireland a fortnight ago, and O'Shea in the Republic of Ireland's controversial World Cup play-off defeat to France.

But United are boosted by a host of players returning to action. Patrice Evra, Wayne Rooney, Dimitar Berbatov, Edwin van der Sar and Darren Fletcher are all back in contention.

Teams:

Portsmouth (from): Begovic, Ben Haim, Kaboul, Wilson, Hreidarsson, Brown, Yebda, O'Hara, Boateng, Dindane, Piquionne, Kanu, Swift, Hughes, Van den Borre, Mokoena, Belhadj, Mullins, Ashdown.

Manchester United (from): Van der Sar, Foster, Kuszczak, Neville, O'Shea, Brown, Vidic, Evans, Evra, Rafael, Valencia, Anderson, Fletcher, Scholes, Carrick, Giggs, Nani, Berbatov, Rooney, Owen, Macheda, Welbeck.

Papers: Vida happy to stay

27/11/2009 09:14

Vidic: I will never quit United

Nemanja Vidic has hit out at claims he wants to quit Manchester United. The big Serbian centre-back even revealed he would like to spend the rest of the best years of his career at Old Trafford. Vidic, who has 18 months of his contract to run, said: “I am happy here. A new contract? It depends on the club. We will see what happens. I don’t want to rush and speak about my future in the media. I will speak to the club. I don’t want to push the club. I don’t want to push anyone. I am here. I am happy. I think I have shown in the games that I want to be part of the team and to play every game 100 per cent.”

Bill Thornton, Daily Star

The Sun contradicts this, claiming the club has told Vidic to forget about a new contract until 2011 - a move which they believe could lead him to join Barcelona in the summer. The same tabloid says Sir Alex is monitoring 17 year-old Cardiff defender Adam Matthews.

Most of the papers also feature comments from Gary Neville regarding Liverpool's exit from the Champions League. "We went out of the competition ourselves after the group stage a few years back [2005] and they haven’t performed well enough in the Champions League this season to get the results," he said. The Star interprets this as, "Nev twists the knife - Liverpool deserved to go out snarls United skipper."

Round up by Gemma Thompson-Official site

Reds have plan for the ban

Sir Alex Ferguson and his coaching staff have made the necessary preparations to ensure that the start of the United manager’s two-game touchline ban does not make life difficult at Fratton Park.

The Reds boss will be in the stands on Saturday afternoon as he begins a suspension for comments made about referee Alan Wiley after the 2-2 draw with Sunderland in October.

“It shouldn’t really affect us,” said the boss. “We have got our communication lines in place for the game.”

That said, the noisy atmosphere – likely to be heightened as Pompey look to reassert themselves under new manager Avram Grant – might make talking to assistant manager Mike Phelan and first-team coach Rene Meulensteen a little more difficult.

“The only problem you’ve got is that it’s a very noisy place, Fratton Park,” added Sir Alex.

“It’s one of these old stadiums, the stands are a bit rickety nowadays, and the directors’ box is towards the home end where all the drums and noise is going on! It’s a good racket, and a terrific ground. But we should be OK. Report by Ben Hibbs- Official site. ”

POLL: Ryan Giggs is…

Ryan Giggs, 36 today, scored his 100th Premier League goal against Portsmouth in Manchester United’s 4-1 win on the South Coast. Superlatives fail to adequately describe Giggs’ career. A great player, a great man and a great role model in an age when false celebrity is all. Truly, an inspiration. Happy Birthday, Ryan.

Ryan Giggs is...

* a genius

* soon to be knighted

* the second coming

* so good I'd let him shag my wife............

LINK

redrus

Rebublic of Mancunia....

How the **** is that a penalty....?

Is it any wonder Sir Alex Ferguson complains about the referee when they persist in making truly awful decisions?!

Notice the Portsmouth players complaining when the whistle is blown, believing a free kick has been given against them for jumping in on Tomasz Kuszczak. Not a single Portsmouth player appeals for a penalty.

Fact is, if France had been knocked out of the World Cup because Robbie Keane handled in the lead up to the defining goal, Michel Platini would be working on introducing video refereeing to the game. As it is, we’re stuck with shit decisions like this, week in week out.

(I do not want video replays, we would have too many draws. Chelsea United would have been nil nil if it was left to VR's, I'd rather lose....! I would prefer a ref for each quarter who, when necessary, can move down the byline toward the goal.)

Video LINK

redrus

That was an outrageous Pompy penalty...

If every minor shirt pull in the box was given a penalty there would be literally 10 or 15 pens a game...plus the linesman gave the penalty...<deleted>...

If they want to change the game so that every shirt pull was a foul then i think they should outline it at the beginning of the season and ensure they penalize it every single time...not just out of the blue against United cuz they feel bad for Portsmouth.

That was an outrageous Pompy penalty...

If every minor shirt pull in the box was given a penalty there would be literally 10 or 15 pens a game...plus the linesman gave the penalty...<deleted>...

If they want to change the game so that every shirt pull was a foul then i think they should outline it at the beginning of the season and ensure they penalize it every single time...not just out of the blue against United cuz they feel bad for Portsmouth.

Yeah it was a complete joke. Lucky we didn't pay for it.

Speaking of jokes, what's with hatrick hero man Rooney and the mittens?! Thought it was just the foreign pansies who got wrapped up by their mums before taking to the field!

If you watch the replay though its more than clear that besides Vidic holding the Pompey players shirt, he in turn has hold of Vidic's arm, for about the same length of time. Surely that would cancel any potential foul out anyway, well, any sensible ref....! :)

redrus

If you watch the replay though its more than clear that besides Vidic holding the Pompey players shirt, he in turn has hold of Vidic's arm, for about the same length of time. Surely that would cancel any potential foul out anyway, well, any sensible ref....! :)

redrus

And I might add the shirt pulling had stopped BEFORE they rose to head the ball. Bad decision.

Re shirt pulling its a cancer in the game its cheating as is diving. The sooner FIFA bring down a yellow card for any shirt pulling or wrestling anywhere on the pitch the better the game will be for it. Sorry im dreaming.

Thought the score did not reflect the game. Portsmouth had quite a few oportunities Kuszczak was very good in goal. I would like to see him get a few more games . I cant remember him ever letting United down

36 today, Happy Birthday Giggsy.

Hear , hear and did you notice the celebration when he scored, restrained with a smile and a sense of relief he had reached the milestone. No handstands .no tattoos ,no dodgy haircuts ,whats wrong with the boy ?

After the Game Fergsuon declared "Ryan will play 2 more years". Whats the betting they may retire at hr same time ,maybe with Scolsey and Neville. Would not be a dry eye at Old Trafford if they did.

No handstands .no tattoos ,no dodgy haircuts ,whats wrong with the boy ?

After the Game Ferguson declared "Ryan will play 2 more years". What's the betting they may retire at the same time, maybe with Scholsey and Neville. Would not be a dry eye at Old Trafford if they did.

Hahaha, you do dream don't you, that is a particularly cool one though pal.... :D

redrus

Sunday November 29,2009

By Jon Richardson- Sunday Express

MANCHESTER UNITED boss Sir Alex Ferguson is determined to win the scramble to sign £50million-rated Spanish striker David Villa, 27.

Alex Ferguson, with most of the £80m from Cristiano Ronaldo’s sale to Real Madrid burning a hole in his pocket, is

on alert after Valencia admitted they are seeking a replacement for David Villa.

The Spanish side are heavily in debt and need to sell one of their assets. Midfielder david Silva, 23, is also a

wanted man but it appears that Villa will be first out of the door.

Valencia boss Unai Emery said: “The exit of Villa will depend on us identifying a suitable replacement.”

Villa has been United’s top striking target ever since they lost out to Real Madrid over lyon’s Karim Benzema.

The Spaniard had said he wanted to stay in Spain but he now fancies joining United.

Despite Ferguson saying he isn’t likely to spend in the January transfer window, he will if he can capture the exciting Villa.

Chelsea are on the striker’s trail, too, while United also want CSKA Moscow midfi elder Milos Krasic, 25, and Palermo defender Simon Kjaer, 20.

Now for the bad news..

Ferguson rules out Nani sale

Portuguese staying put-Sky Sports News

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has insisted he has no intentions of selling Nani in January.

The Portuguese winger has admitted his frustration at being unable to hold down a regular first-team spot this term.

Following the exit of Cristiano Ronaldo in the summer, Nani was seen as the heir apparent but that has not transpired.

The likes of AC Milan and Benfica are both said to be keen on the 23-year-old but Ferguson is adamant he will not be selling.

"Some big clubs have been mentioned for Nani, like Milan and Benfica, but there has been no contact made with us - and we wouldn't entertain selling him anyway," Ferguson is quoted by the Sunday Mirror.

"He is only 23. If someone came in for Nani in January we would tell him that he is going absolutely nowhere.

"He's a young boy and he wants to play - and he might get a chance against Spurs in the Carling Cup this week.

"He has suffered because Valencia's form has been excellent and because Obertan has emerged as an interesting player.

"It is no criticism of Nani, but the way things have developed in the last few weeks have gone against him.

"I have spoken to him and told him that he must take his chance when it comes along."

redrus

That's an awful lot of $$ for Villa, too much inmy opinion..

Especially when you can go & get Defoe for half that & taking into consideration that another Spanish Forward may be willing to come down the M62 to play CL Football next Summer.. :)

Especially when you can go & get Defoe for half that & taking into consideration that another Spanish Forward may be willing to come down the M62 to play CL Football next Summer.. :D

Fair point but, can you see the BD's giving up Torres to us............ Mind you, they are lining up a bid for Forlan....! :)

redrus

Especially when you can go & get Defoe for half that & taking into consideration that another Spanish Forward may be willing to come down the M62 to play CL Football next Summer.. :D

Fair point but, can you see the BD's giving up Torres to us............ Mind you, they are lining up a bid for Forlan....! :)

redrus

I'd laugh my t*ts off if they did... :D

Fair point but, can you see the BD's giving up Torres to us............ Mind you, they are lining up a bid for Forlan....! :D

redrus

I'd laugh my t*ts off if they did... :D

Tits, arms, legs and <deleted>.......... I'd be laughing all the way to Gerrard coming too, once Rafa gets the sack an that's a fact....!

redrus

Good win against spurs, spurs played well if they could have turned there spells of posesssion in to goals could have been a lots closer.

gibson is a excellent finisher,anderson played well, negative park was crap would much prefer nani then him in the team,obertan did not do much why has he stopped taking on his man?

anyhow in to the semis next, if city gets through could be very intresting semi's.

Good win against spurs, spurs played well if they could have turned there spells of posesssion in to goals could have been a lots closer.

gibson is a excellent finisher,anderson played well, negative park was crap would much prefer nani then him in the team,obertan did not do much why has he stopped taking on his man?

anyhow in to the semis next, if city gets through could be very intresting semi's.

Lots of positives to come out of that game for United fans. Vidic was back to his best and snuffed out anything Defoe tried to create, Anderson had one of his busiest games for a long time ,perhaps seeing his mate Nani standing in the corner with head bowed and not getting a game inspired him. Keeper was excellent and I wont be surprised to see Foster go out on loan to help his England chances, Gibson as I said a couple weeks ago has a great shot ,pops them in all the time at training and just needs game time and De Lait ,the Belgium boy,didnt do his chances of being Evras understudy any harm.Macheda has signed a new deal too. Parks prescence sells enough shirts in Korea to pay his wages , sorry to be cynical.

Now for City and Fergie will play pretty much the same team I would imagine. No way Hughes will play youth the thought of winning a trophy has all City fans

in a heightened sense of euphoria.

Easy peasy that was, didn't even need to get out of second gear even with the patched up side..

But before you get too excited, just remember that one of your Subs cost 10m more than our entire Team... :)

Green 2.5 Mill

Spector 800,000

Illunga 2.1 Million

Tomkins Free

Gabbidon 1.5 Million (heavily depreciated)

Collison Free

Parker 7 Million

Kovac 3 Million

Stanislas Free

Hines Free

Franco Free

Easy peasy that was, didn't even need to get out of second gear even with the patched up side..

But before you get too excited, just remember that one of your Subs cost 10m more than our entire Team... :)

Green 2.5 Mill

Spector 800,000

Illunga 2.1 Million

Tomkins Free

Collison Free

Parker 7 Million

Kovac 3 Million

Stanislas Free

Hines Free

Franco Free

It's also interesting to note, that more than half of United's starting eleven were free -

Gary Neville

Wes Brown

Darren Fletcher

Darron Gibson

Paul Scholes

Ryan Giggs

The spirit of the Busby Babes lives on.

But before you get too excited, just remember that one of your Subs cost 10m more than our entire Team... :D

Green 2.5 Mill

Spector 800,000

Illunga 2.1 Million

Tomkins Free

Collison Free

Parker 7 Million

Kovac 3 Million

Stanislas Free

Hines Free

Franco Free

It's also interesting to note, that more than half of United's starting eleven were free -

Gary Neville

Wes Brown

Darren Fletcher

Darron Gibson

Paul Scholes

Ryan Giggs

redrus

But before you get too excited, just remember that one of your Subs cost 10m more than our entire Team... :D

Green 2.5 Mill

Spector 800,000

Illunga 2.1 Million

Tomkins Free

Collison Free

Parker 7 Million

Kovac 3 Million

Stanislas Free

Hines Free

Franco Free

Gary Neville

Wes Brown

Darren Fletcher

Darron Gibson

Paul Scholes

Ryan Giggs

redrus

Hear Hear, Funny how all the tabloids ,pre match, were predicting Scholes departure in the near future and then he hits a screamer. What do you reckon another year ??? Carrick in his short time at centre back looked almost Beckanbauerish. With Gibson firing and Anderson showing a lot of energy he may have found a new home, with up to 8 backs injured. Finally For all pundits predicting a Chelsea title this year a timely reminder this competion is a marathon not a sprint.