Manchester United

redrus

Banana skin last night chaps? Keep it up! :)

Yes it was but the result against Sunderland was good so don't feel too bad. Still top and game(s) in hand, which means it's in our hands, and that's all you can ask for really. Well, you could ask for a clear ten point lead, but the way this season is panning out, don't see any team pulling away that far.

Oh, and yes, still unbeaten. biggrin.gif

For me, the game was lost in the first half when we produced sod all. What was that all about? Is Park that much of a miss?!

Speaking of midfield, i'm a big fan of Gibson and he did set up the goal, but besides that i thought him extremely ineffectual. Anyone know when we'll have Scholes back?

Yes it was but the result against Sunderland was good so don't feel too bad. Still top and game(s) in hand, which means it's in our hands, and that's all you can ask for really. Well, you could ask for a clear ten point lead, but the way this season is panning out, don't see any team pulling away that far.

For me, the game was lost in the first half when we produced sod all. What was that all about? Is Park that much of a miss?!

Speaking of midfield, i'm a big fan of Gibson and he did set up the goal, but besides that i thought him extremely ineffectual. Anyone know when we'll have Scholes back?

Yes a banana slip up last night (I guess the cold froze both the linesman's flag and the ref's whistle on their equalizer). Sod all first half - the boys looked (cold) and tired. Throw in a pitch that was as hard a concrete with holes all over it, B-Ham who put up the great wall and SAF not subbing Giggsy at 70 mins, adds up to two points dropped (or if you are a Spurs supporter - that would mean one point gained).

I blame the pitch the ref and the linesman

then i blame the team for not scoring a second,still top of the league and an easier away game to come against the baggies,a little tremor about all these drawn away games and leaking a few late goals but two wins will make for a good start to the new year,half full....lets see how the Arse perform there next.

Park is a miss! also with no Nani you could see we relied on the full backs for width and pace.

Scholes they said will be a month,so he should be back soonish,more to the point how long can we keep carrying Rooney :ermm: Oops!

I blame the pitch the ref and the linesman

then i blame the team for not scoring a second,still top of the league and an easier away game to come against the baggies,a little tremor about all these drawn away games and leaking a few late goals but two wins will make for a good start to the new year,half full....lets see how the Arse perform there next.

Park is a miss! also with no Nani you could see we relied on the full backs for width and pace.

Scholes they said will be a month,so he should be back soonish,more to the point how long can we keep carrying Rooney :ermm: Oops!

An on form Nani would be that extra dimension to our attack that we have lacked. When he does return, just hope he is on form. Like Berba, he needs confidence. Whether the break from the game inspires that, we'll have to see.

As for Rooney, i think his performances have improved. Of course, all the talk is always about his goal scoring, or lack thereof, but the thing is with him, unlike other strikers, he does contribute in other areas of the pitch.

Yes a banana slip up last night (I guess the cold froze both the linesman's flag and the ref's whistle on their equalizer). Sod all first half - the boys looked (cold) and tired. Throw in a pitch that was as hard a concrete with holes all over it, B-Ham who put up the great wall and SAF not subbing Giggsy at 70 mins, adds up to two points dropped (or if you are a Spurs supporter - that would mean one point gained).

Do one James.....:)

yeah funny isnt it carmine how this lot forget so quickly the encounter that took place against spurs earlier on in the year. whistling.gif

yet are so good at pointing the finger at other teams, managers and supporters when they have a bit of a moan.

SAF absent again at the post match interview i see. wink.gif

yeah funny isnt it carmine how this lot forget so quickly the encounter that took place against spurs earlier on in the year. whistling.gif

yet are so good at pointing the finger at other teams, managers and supporters when they have a bit of a moan.

SAF absent again at the post match interview i see. wink.gif

It is indeed.

Tigerfish

"yet are so good at pointing the finger at other teams, managers and supporters when they have a bit of a moan."

As far as i see it we on here only moan about our own teams performances,maybe because we see ourselves as the best and it is dificult to moan about teams not at the same level as ourselves.

As for Alex not showing......you all love him really don't ya? :) i would rather have a glass of red than talk to a interviewer.

Was it offside ,was it handball? who gives a flying toss now.....we can forget it and move on to the next game,remind me what happened at Spurs? :rolleyes:

Tigerfish

"yet are so good at pointing the finger at other teams, managers and supporters when they have a bit of a moan."

As far as i see it we on here only moan about our own teams performances,maybe because we see ourselves as the best and it is dificult to moan about teams not at the same level as ourselves.

As for Alex not showing......you all love him really don't ya? :) i would rather have a glass of red than talk to a interviewer.

Was it offside ,was it handball? who gives a flying toss now.....we can forget it and move on to the next game,remind me what happened at Spurs? :rolleyes:

o.k. then Mr red, this is my take on it.

yes you and others may moan about your own teams performance like most others do on their own teams forums when they are not particularly happy about something. only natural i would have thought and if you take the time to actually look at a lot of my comments about the arsenal, i am usually more than happy to point out our weaknesses, even when we put in a decent show. but when some like to put the boot in as a bit of fun and then its returned in full as harmless banter and then the toys get chucked out the pram because " they don't like it up em Mr. mainwaring ". then it shows them in their true colours.in other words a @#$%.

all i was trying to emphasise in my remarks is it aint always the obvious posters because of the club they support that get labelled for things that have happened in the past that make themselves out to be utter TRIGGERS. and that doesn't just go for supporters too, players and managers are as bad if not worse in some cases.

as for the offside or was it handball, glad you can take it and move on. shame some others cannot whistling.gif that was exactly what i was trying to point out.

now for the bit about what happened at spurs huh.gif if my memory serves me correctly i think it was more to do with what happened at old trafford in the match against spurs that i was referring to or has that just been banished to the archives of footballing injustices. a bit like the last few encounters between the two sides. wink.gif and so that leads me nicely onto AF, kind of go hand in hand. dont ya think ? biggrin.gif but hey if any other manager in the EPL went about business the way he did, they'd get branded in all sorts of ways. at least they do take the time out though to try and put their view point across in front of the cameras no matter what the consequences.

yes you and others may moan about your own teams performance like most others do on their own teams forums when they are not particularly happy about something. only natural i would have thought and if you take the time to actually look at a lot of my comments about the arsenal, i am usually more than happy to point out our weaknesses, even when we put in a decent show. but when some like to put the boot in as a bit of fun and then its returned in full as harmless banter and then the toys get chucked out the pram because " they don't like it up em Mr. mainwaring ". then it shows them in their true colours.in other words a @#$%.

all i was trying to emphasise in my remarks is it aint always the obvious posters because of the club they support that get labelled for things that have happened in the past that make themselves out to be utter TRIGGERS. and that doesn't just go for supporters too, players and managers are as bad if not worse in some cases.

as for the offside or was it handball, glad you can take it and move on. shame some others cannot whistling.gif that was exactly what i was trying to point out.

now for the bit about what happened at spurs huh.gif if my memory serves me correctly i think it was more to do with what happened at old trafford in the match against spurs that i was referring to or has that just been banished to the archives of footballing injustices. a bit like the last few encounters between the two sides. wink.gif and so that leads me nicely onto AF, kind of go hand in hand. dont ya think ? biggrin.gif but hey if any other manager in the EPL went about business the way he did, they'd get branded in all sorts of ways. at least they do take the time out though to try and put their view point across in front of the cameras no matter what the consequences.

A little love in eh?....cheats the lot of ya.....beat 'em fair an square and cost us a CL place......over the line....lasagne anyone...yeah we aint forgotten.

There's no emoticon for low grade simmering anger based on old wounds.....but let's just say.....3-2....3-2....3-2...3-2! :D

A little love in eh?....cheats the lot of ya.....beat 'em fair an square and cost us a CL place......over the line....lasagne anyone...yeah we aint forgotten.

There's no emoticon for low grade simmering anger based on old wounds.....but let's just say.....3-2....3-2....3-2...3-2! :D

funny you should mention the lasagne incident smokie.

having worked most of my life back in the u.k. up at Smithfield meat market. wink.gif

serves you lot right for getting to above yourselves and staying in some shady east end hotel on fringes of canary wharf.

my old mate Charlie who is a porter back in London has to wear a regulation hard hat, white overalls and carries a 22 inch butchers knife around with him at all times. not because of work reasons , but because everyone know hes one of your lot laugh.gif

incidentally, not advised to walk around the market on the eve of an old firm derby, especially if your from north of the border and from the wrong side of Glasgow

Edited by tigerfish

having worked most of my life back in the u.k. up at Smithfield meat market. wink.gif

serves you lot right for getting to above yourselves and staying in some shady east end hotel on fringes of canary wharf.

my old mate Charlie who is a porter back in London has to wear a regulation hard hat, white overalls and carries a 22 inch butchers knife around with him at all times. not because of work reasons , but because everyone know hes one of your lot laugh.gif

incidentally, not advised to walk around the market on the eve of an old firm derby, especially if your from north of the border and from the wrong side of Glasgow

What a coincidence as I'm working at Bart's tomorrow.....might have to wear my Spurs shirt while I take a lunchtime wander around Smithfield for my New Year ham.

Thanks for the warning...I'll take my scalpel with me just in case I meet any of your lot...easy to spot...they'll be the ones skulking in the corners mumbling to themselves and selling rancid meat! :lol:

The old firm? Wrong side of Glasgow?? Aye mate the wrong side of Scotland ya muppet! :D

What a coincidence as I'm working at Bart's tomorrow.....might have to wear my Spurs shirt while I take a lunchtime wander around Smithfield for my New Year ham.

Thanks for the warning...I'll take my scalpel with me just in case I meet any of your lot...easy to spot...they'll be the ones skulking in the corners mumbling to themselves and selling rancid meat! :lol:

The old firm? Wrong side of Glasgow?? Aye mate the wrong side of Scotland ya muppet! :D

better be a bit sharpish tomorrow smokie !

knowing that lot down there they will be shutting up shop quick as its Friday and new years eve. probably be down the boozer by 9 am for a pint and a fry up, but you might get lucky at harts on the corner of charterhouse street or one of the deli type outlets trying to make a last minute sale.

btw, you do know that your fellow compatriot William Wallace met his bloody end in the Smithfield area back in the day. laugh.gif

Tigerfish

Point taken on most of the above ;)

Sir Alex Ferguson AFTER the game interview

That was a dreadful penalty....and w've missed a few. No worries though you were the second best team on show today. :)

just a shame it wasn't a penalty in the first half and neville didn't get his marching orders. but hey it is utd after all, isn't it smokie wink.gif

no wonder their unbeaten run is still in tact with decisions like that should have been 3 -2 to W.B.A. in all fairness. never get near our run with performances like that let alone win the league.biggrin.gif

awfully quiet around here whistling.gif and they call the arsenal thread the library !

That was a dreadful penalty....and w've missed a few. No worries though you were the second best team on show today. :)

just a shame it wasn't a penalty in the first half and neville didn't get his marching orders. but hey it is utd after all, isn't it smokie wink.gif

no wonder their unbeaten run is still in tact with decisions like that should have been 3 -2 to W.B.A. in all fairness. never get near our run with performances like that let alone win the league.biggrin.gif

awfully quiet around here whistling.gif and they call the arsenal thread the library !

Daylight robbery it was tigerfish. Nowonder SAF was clapping like a seal at the end....shifty bunch they all are....another Preston are WBA...:whistling:

A shocking game for us and a shocking game for the ref.

And as for Gary Neville, he's had a wonderful career, but playing on now is only damaging it.

Totally agree neville should have retired last season he was shocking his legs have gone very lucky not to be sent off,and as for the ref he had a shocker.

A good win though and i am amazed how fergie has got this team to top of the league we need at least 3 new quality players in as with this team i can us you fall short come may.

Edited by nev

And particularly damning, but accurate, was the sad comment from Phelan that had they converted their penalty kick, there would have been no way back. Twenty minutes still to go, only one goal down, and against WBA (with all due respect) - since when did situations like that become insurmountable? In seasons past we've come back against bigger teams with less time on the clock. This season things have clearly changed. Worrying.

Agreed Neville is ruining a fine career now.

Rooney had a good game!

A worry that our performances are not up to standard but 4 points from 2 away games and an away win is not that bad,we have to start playing in the away games as we do at home.

Still top and still unbeaten.

Just like to say, that if its not going to be Tottenham :ermm::o i really, really hope you win the title. :)

I'm hoping its a fight to the end between ourselves and the Gulf states of Oman and Dubai.....or some such nonsense.

Can the others all finish joint 5th please? :)