Manchester United

redrus

Just watched the re-run of the game,thank fuc_k i didn't stay up for it last night.

What i totally <deleted> performance,very dissapointed and so is my dog.

I did, my staff are now checking the scores before deciding whether to come into work or not following our matches wink.png

Perhaps you need to get a dog to take it out on, like our MrRed?

Just watched the re-run of the game,thank fuc_k i didn't stay up for it last night.

What i totally <deleted> performance,very dissapointed and so is my dog.

ohmy.pngohmy.pngohmy.png

You didnt stay up to watch it????

Thats sacrilege, mate!!!

Part-time supportersrolleyes.gif

Good decision all the same.... they were crap!!laugh.png

• Like 1

Playing crap yes, but being beaten fair and square. I never have a problem with that. You can't always win, and indeed, does a team good to experience loss once in a while - or should that be twice? Thrice? Well hopefully not, but we do need a shake up, and that is what we are getting.

Not so bothered about the FA Cup these days - yeah i know, terrible thing to say - but this game at the weekend will be about so much more than the Cup for us. It will be about getting our season back on track. Not that i'm convinced we will, but it is what we have to aim and hope for. We need a very big performance. Will we get one? Time will tell. Over to you SAF.

Who knows?

Except that I can honestly say, for the first time that I do not fear watching City play against United.!!

I just feel United are just not good enough. The only player who will be UP for it AND is capable is Rooney.

I look at the like of Carrick/Park/Nani who are just not good enough..... and Giggs and Ferdinand who WILL be up for it but are past their sell- by date.

Evra has lost it, you have no fit recognisable right back.... Berbatov is a lazy prima donna, and Hernandez is your new 'Mr Offside' who isnt properly fit.... The only thing you have going for you is the experience of having won what you have over the years and other teams beating themselves b4 they get on the pitch. Plus Fergie... that <deleted>##er never gives up!!

Playing crap yes, but being beaten fair and square. I never have a problem with that. You can't always win, and indeed, does a team good to experience loss once in a while - or should that be twice? Thrice? Well hopefully not, but we do need a shake up, and that is what we are getting.

Not so bothered about the FA Cup these days - yeah i know, terrible thing to say - but this game at the weekend will be about so much more than the Cup for us. It will be about getting our season back on track. Not that i'm convinced we will, but it is what we have to aim and hope for. We need a very big performance. Will we get one? Time will tell. Over to you SAF.

Who knows?

Except that I can honestly say, for the first time that I do not fear watching City play against United.!!

I just feel United are just not good enough. The only player who will be UP for it AND is capable is Rooney.

I look at the like of Carrick/Park/Nani who are just not good enough..... and Giggs and Ferdinand who WILL be up for it but are past their sell- by date.

Evra has lost it, you have no fit recognisable right back.... Berbatov is a lazy prima donna, and Hernandez is your new 'Mr Offside' who isnt properly fit.... The only thing you have going for you is the experience of having won what you have over the years and other teams beating themselves b4 they get on the pitch. Plus Fergie... that <deleted>##er never gives up!!

Agree with a lot of that J&D but not the bit about Erva. Last two games, he seems to have lacked concentration, but we are talking about two games.

Who knows?

Agree with a lot of that J&D but not the bit about Erva. Last two games, he seems to have lacked concentration, but we are talking about two games.

It started with the loss with City!! He was like a pub footballer that day, and I havent seen him improve much since then. He has lost his pace, he doesnt get the crosses in that he used to, and he 'goes missing' on a regular basis. IMHOjap.gif

It started with the loss with City!! He was like a pub footballer that day, and I havent seen him improve much since then. He has lost his pace, he doesnt get the crosses in that he used to, and he 'goes missing' on a regular basis. IMHOjap.gif

He still makes some great runs around the back of defences and still gets some good balls in to the box. Wasn't much more than a week ago that he did precisely that in setting Park up to finish. He might be starting to go missing at times but he is far from being the worst culprit of that, nor is he what particularly worries me about the team right now. Respect your opinion though.

Looking forward to this weekend and just for once, being the underdogs. The lack of expectation might help us spring a surprise!

Who knows?

Sorry Rix, its more than 2 games, Benfica at home, Basel home and away, Palace, City, Blackburn home, last night (these in the last couple months) - the signs have been there. If we lose this Sunday chances are we are out of all trophy comps and its only Jan 8. Still have a shot at the league but even that looks a stretch at the moment.

Who knows?

Sorry Rix, its more than 2 games, Benfica at home, Basel home and away, Palace, City, Blackburn home, last night (these in the last couple months) - the signs have been there. If we lose this Sunday chances are we are out of all trophy comps and its only Jan 8. Still have a shot at the league but even that looks a stretch at the moment.

Well, i still think his positive contributions have outweighed his negative over the season so far, and to repeat, he is not the first priority in terms of needing replacing.

• Like 1

i was speaking about the team's performances in General, pat's have been up and down, like everyone else.

blink.png

I said, "last two games he has seemed to lack concentration", and you said in response, "sorry rix, it is more than two games"???

Not enough sleep? I'm with you there.

i was speaking about the team's performances in General, pat's have been up and down, like everyone else.

blink.png

I said, "last two games he has seemed to lack concentration", and you said in response, "sorry rix, it is more than two games"???

Not enough sleep? I'm with you there.

yea mate, i am posting with one eye open, kinda like stevie the scouse, where is he hiding these days ;)

Without a doubt the problems are from not being able to put out a strong defensive unit,i really don't want to go on about injuries because a club of United's size should have and do have a big squad of players.....but there is no getting away from the fact we have had a terrible time to key players and still are trying to compete with City.

We are still in the race to win the league anybody writing us off is a fool,i am really surprised after everything that we are only 3 points behind them or as Mr Jingles says 4? with the goal difference.

What is upsetting to most United fans is the sudden loss of total commitment to the cause and the inability to create chances as was shown last night and in the Blackburn game,as i said before the back has always been a strong base for United to attack from and at the moment players are playing out of position and with no cohesion with other team-mates due to not building up partnerships as the team as been changed so much due to the injuries we have sustained.

Lindegaard looks a better keeper at the moment than DDG so this position is not certain!

Full backs ....Valencia is not a full back as James says the Brazilian twins are very injury prone and not consistent because of this,Smalling is not a full back when he is fit! Jones is not a full back either!

For me Evra is doing ok and is the only player to have been involved regularly.

Cente backs........Vidic is probably in the top 3 centre half's in world football so is obviously going to be missed by anyone,Ferdinand is struggling with injuries and is not fit to play at the level he used to(yes see Carragher)Evans is in my opinion not good enough either when he is fit.

Midfield....Park is being asked to much to do and is suffering for this,Carrick albeit last night was overran has been pretty solid in doing a job holding in the midfield also at centre half(he is not a centre half)Giggs is dependent on a strong pairing in the middle so he can wander he is being asked to do to much also in the middle,he is no spring chicken anymore.

Cleverly injured and we are missing his bright industrious attacking start to the season.

Anderson started well(with Cleverly) but sustained the injury that he has just been rushed back from,not fit enough yet,happy he got his mullet cut though!

Fletcher is a big loss this season he was when at his prime of last year becoming into a very good midfielder.

Gibson......should of been sold.

I am really surprised he has not given Morrison game time to prove himself at the top level after so many people have said how good he is and will be,maybe his off-field problems are too much for him to step up.Pogba needs more time but will be a very good player when he gets stronger.

When you look at that it is clear we are lacking now in midfield the same as we said at the start of the season but the injuries and loss of key players there has been brutal to say the least on our chances.

Wingers!!!!

Valencia yeah if only,also remember he has come back from a terrible injury.

Young great start to the season but lost form pretty clearly after that and has had problems with injuries again.

Nani,i as others are still not convinced that he is good for us,he has got skill and pace but his crossing i not consistent and he loses the ball far to much,he is lucky he can score goals because other wise he would be gone,jury's still out on him for me.

Forwards

Rooney.....?? where his is best position and when does he play there? not very often.

Wellbeck another with great talent and pace and just come back from injury,he will be a good squad player but not someone you could rely on at the moment,still young.

Hernandez is a great goalscorer and needs to be playing regularly in my opinion,he is struggling from the lack of service when this team is not performing more than the others.

Berbatov....Lazy.

We need 3 0r 4 players to strengthen the squad a quality full back, TWO midfielders now that Fletcher is out for a long time and a striker in the mold of Van Persie licklips.gif

Sorry for the rant but we are still involved at the top and there will be more points lost by all of the top 6 this season,so anything can happen.

The players need to be played in the positions that they are best at and then the confidence will again flow through the team,we also need to add to the squad.

Last night was a huge disappointment to me because of the lack of creativity and understanding even more so than the City drubbing.

Come on Fergie,this is proof that managing a premier league side is not easy even when you have been as successful as he has.

• Like 1

Without a doubt the problems are from not being able to put out a strong defensive unit,i really don't want to go on about injuries because a club of United's size should have and do have a big squad of players.....but there is no getting away from the fact we have had a terrible time to key players and still are trying to compete with City.

We are still in the race to win the league anybody writing us off is a fool,i am really surprised after everything that we are only 3 points behind them or as Mr Jingles says 4? with the goal difference.

What is upsetting to most United fans is the sudden loss of total commitment to the cause and the inability to create chances as was shown last night and in the Blackburn game,as i said before the back has always been a strong base for United to attack from and at the moment players are playing out of position and with no cohesion with other team-mates due to not building up partnerships as the team as been changed so much due to the injuries we have sustained.

Lindegaard looks a better keeper at the moment than DDG so this position is not certain!

Full backs ....Valencia is not a full back as James says the Brazilian twins are very injury prone and not consistent because of this,Smalling is not a full back when he is fit! Jones is not a full back either!

Cente backs........Vidic is probably in the top 3 centre half's in world football so is obviously going to be missed by anyone,Ferdinand is struggling with injuries and is not fit to play at the level he used to(yes see Carragher)Evans is in my opinion not good enough either when he is fit.

Midfield....Park is being asked to much to do and is suffering for this,Carrick albeit last night was overran has been pretty solid in doing a job holding in the midfield also at centre half(he is not a centre half)Giggs is dependent on a strong pairing in the middle so he can wander he is being asked to do to much also in the middle,he is no spring chicken anymore.

Cleverly injured and we are missing his bright industrious attacking start to the season.

Anderson started well(with Cleverly) but sustained the injury that he has just been rushed back from,not fit enough yet,happy he got his mullet cut though!

Fletcher is a big loss this season he was when at his prime of last year becoming into a very good midfielder.

I am really surprised he has not given Morrison game time to prove himself at the top level after so many people have said how good he is and will be,maybe his off-field problems are too much for him to step up.Pogba needs more time but will be a very good player when he gets stronger.

When you look at that it is clear we are lacking now in midfield the same as we said at the start of the season but the injuries and loss of key players there has been brutal to say the least on our chances.

Wingers!!!!

Young great start to the season but lost form pretty clearly after that and has had problems with injuries again.

Nani,i as others are still not convinced that he is good for us,he has got skill and pace but his crossing i not consistent and he loses the ball far to much,he is lucky he can score goals because other wise he would be gone,jury's still out on him for me.

Forwards

Rooney.....?? where his is best position and when does he play there? not very often.

Wellbeck another with great talent and pace and just come back from injury,he will be a good squad player but not someone you could rely on at the moment,still young.

Hernandez is a great goalscorer and needs to be playing regularly in my opinion,he is struggling from the lack of service when this team is not performing more than the others.

Berbatov....Lazy.

We need 3 0r 4 players to strengthen the squad a quality full back, TWO midfielders now that Fletcher is out for a long time and a striker in the mold of Van Persie licklips.gif

Sorry for the rant but we are still involved at the top and there will be more points lost by all of the top 6 this season,so anything can happen.

The players need to be played in the positions that they are best at and then the confidence will again flow through the team,we also need to add to the squad.

Last night was a huge disappointment to me because of the lack of creativity and understanding even more so than the City drubbing.

Come on Fergie,this is proof that managing a premier league side is not easy even when you have been as successful as he has.

Well surmised there.

Wingers!!!!

Forwards

Berbatov....Lazy.

Well surmised there.

Rix, apparently you can now click that like thingy over on the right of the post and no need to quote the entire thing. Maybe Mr Mod can brief us on the purpose of the like thing.

Rix, apparently you can now click that like thingy over on the right of the post and no need to quote the entire thing. Maybe Mr Mod can brief us on the purpose of the like thing.

If you don't know how to partially quote or edit posts by now james, theres really no hope for you, no matter how much I try to explain.

I'm too old to take a very close interest in football these days thanks to so much play acting if not downright cheating, strange haircuts and gaily coloured boots. However I would like to tender my thanks to Mr. Ferguson and his collection of stars for managing to lose to Blackburn. The event underlined what an ignorant bunch of louts whom purport to support Rovers are, with their vicious undermining of an already struggling team under an inexperienced manager with few options. What a delicious irony if Blackburn are relegated and Big Sam steers West Ham into the Premier League.

Having to go without the pleasure this season of watching United progress through the Champions League and hopefully lifting the trophy is a matter of personal regret.

I'm too old to take a very close interest in football these days thanks to so much play acting if not downright cheating, strange haircuts and gaily coloured boots. However I would like to tender my thanks to Mr. Ferguson and his collection of stars for managing to lose to Blackburn. The event underlined what an ignorant bunch of louts whom purport to support Rovers are, with their vicious undermining of an already struggling team under an inexperienced manager with few options. What a delicious irony if Blackburn are relegated and Big Sam steers West Ham into the Premier League.

Having to go without the pleasure this season of watching United progress through the Champions League and hopefully lifting the trophy is a matter of personal regret.

Good post...

redrus

Mr mod,

You are still allowed to call me by my username you know. Or just Sir will do jap.gif

Your Highness is more appropriate at the moment!!

Always be MrJoMangles to me.... ;)

redrus

With Man U having lost two games on the trot and with City away at the weekend (City, who have only dropped points in two matches at home in all competitions in calendar 2011 - Napoli and Fulham), my first thought was when was the last time that Utd last lost three games in a row?

I rather suspected it hadnt happened under Ferguson.

Not true. Utd lost their last three matches of the 2000/01 season. Admittedly they had already won the League so it was rather academic. In 2001/02, Utd lost three League matches in a row but they won a CL match imbetween.

theres really no hope for you, no matter how much I try to explain james

Corrected your post. biggrin.png

Strange how every time Utd lose a few on the bounce then the excuse is " that they are going through a transitional period " 24.gif

Ok nothing on that one, so could someone explain (perhaps Jimbo) how this transitional period has come about 40.gif

Strange how every time Utd lose a few on the bounce then the excuse is " that they are going through a transitional period " 24.gif

Ok nothing on that one, so could someone explain (perhaps Jimbo) how this transitional period has come about 40.gif

Its the period between Giggs playing and Rooney shagging an old tart. Something like that...

You see Alfie when you have a manager at a top club that has been there for years,they have players that retire and also players that are young and have to be given time to ease into the side....also new players that have been bought need to be eased into the side......this is normally referred to as a transitional period,do you understand now? wink.png

You see Alfie when you have a manager at a top club that has been there for years,they have players that retire and also players that are young and have to be given time to ease into the side....also new players that have been bought need to be eased into the side......this is normally referred to as a transitional period,do you understand now? wink.png

Na Mr Red, nobody has ever retired as a Spur.