Manchester United

redrus

team tonight i am hoping

Linndegaard

Jones/Rafeal Smalling Evans Evra

Valencia Park Carrick Rooney Giggs

Welbeck

That's a 4-4-2. It might work on the scousers though!

No it is the safety first approach and hit them on the break,how often has Rooney played as an out and out striker this season? 4-5-1

United: De Gea; Rafael, Smalling, Evans, Evra; Scholes, Carrick, Giggs; Valencia, Welbeck, Park.

Subs: Lindegaard, Fabio, Ferdinand, M Keane, Pogba, Berbatov, Hernandez

Liverpool: Reina; Kelly, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique; Carragher, Maxi, Gerrard, Henderson, Downing; Carroll

Subs: Doni, Johnson, Coates, Kuyt, Adam, Shelvey, Bellamy

Quiet in here....

fair Weather fans hey biggrin.png

Quiet in here at 2am?! Yeah well, as much as you mean to me Dev, at two o'clock in the morning, whether win lose or draw, i tend to be doing one of two things beginning with "s", neither of which involve sitting at my lap-top.

Congrats to Liverpool for winning and for doing a good defensive job... and of course for taking advantage of a couple of defensive errors. Besides that, i thought we went to Anfield with a side that on paper looked extremely average, and completely bossed the game from start to finish. Very happy with the way we played. About losing, sorry more for the fact of who it was against, not so much for no longer being a part of the FA Cup. Honest truth is, we simply don't have the squad to compete on three or four fronts this season, and so concentrating on the ones we really want, is the silver lining to come from the result last night. For me, as with every season, priority number one is the Premier League, and after that, comes Europe, even when we are talking the second tier European competition. Something we have never won before so would be good to add that to our trophy cabinet.

Back to last night's game, yeah, De Gea looked once again like Shaggy from Scooby-Do - as if terrified of his own shadow. He first needs to bulk up and then he needs to learn how to command the box. Perhaps he should go out on loan where he would have the time to do that, and would also get regular games to build his confidence. From now on, despite whatever support SAF gives the lad, surely Lindegard has to be number one.

Edited by rixalex

Quiet in here....

Quiet in here at 2am?! Yeah well, as much as you mean to me Dev, at two o'clock in the morning, whether win lose or draw, i tend to be doing one of two things beginning with "s", neither of which involve sitting at my lap-top.

Congrats to Liverpool for winning and for doing a good defensive job... and of course for taking advantage of a couple of defensive errors. Besides that, i thought we went to Anfield with a side that on paper looked extremely average, and completely bossed the game from start to finish. Very happy with the way we played. About losing, sorry more for the fact of who it was against, not so much for no longer being a part of the FA Cup. Honest truth is, we simply don't have the squad to compete on three or four fronts this season, and so concentrating on the ones we really want, is the silver lining to come from the result last night. For me, as with every season, priority number one is the Premier League, and after that, comes Europe, even when we are talking the second tier European competition. Something we have never won before so would be good to add that to our trophy cabinet.

Back to last night's game, yeah, De Gea looked once again like Shaggy from Scooby-Do - as if terrified of his own shadow. He first needs to bulk up and then he needs to learn how to command the box. Perhaps he should go out on loan where he would have the time to do that, and would also get regular games to build his confidence. From now on, despite whatever support SAF gives the lad, surely Lindegard has to be number one.

Utd fans must be disappointed to be out of the cup but from the line up i saw half your first choice eleven were missing and i agree with you that you lookes comfortable for most of the game.

Agree aswell about De Gea and personally i think Lindgaard, if thats how his name is spelt, should have played because whenever i've seen him he's looked more assured. De Gea should get rid of that appalling facial growth and spend a lot more time in the gym and build himself up. He has no presence about him at the moment.

• Like 1

Quiet in here....

At least we watch the games even in the middle of the night unlike your featherbrained lot! 19 times drunk.gif

Thats rich..a certain few on this thread haven't even been to a Man U game or Old Toilet ;)

X5 European Cups

post-48660-132783608565_thumb.jpg

Quiet in here....

At least we watch the games even in the middle of the night unlike your featherbrained lot! 19 times drunk.gif

Thats rich..a certain few on this thread haven't even been to a Man U game or Old Toilet wink.png

X5 European Cups

laugh.png

Quiet in here....

Just because someone like me doesnt get up in the middle of the night, I dont see how say Devil can be held responsible. I am sure there are many ManU supporters who do the same.

As expected not much activity at Old Trafford on the last day of the transfer window apart from young Ravel Morrison being sold to West Ham apparently.Not many young players leave United but this kid has been a bit of a nightmare off the field and apparently missing training many times.Treading a fine line with the law,needs to sort himself out. Can't believe keeper Tomasz is still on the books,4th choice you are not going to get too many games.

For tonight's fixture v Stoke news coming out of OT seems Rooney may not be fit enough and Lindegaard has apparently twisted his ankle in training maybe throwing De Gea back in the firing line.Never know a season like this one for injuries. I hope Patrice Evra has had a good look at himself as I said months ago great going forward but hopelessly out of position against Liverpool for their winning goal and for me that's 2 games he has lost for United this season.

Another good performance from the machine,we should of had a penalty that wasn't given but sometimes decisions go against you or the refs are biased.

City are losing it for sure,could not break down Everton who really are poor at home.capitulation coffee1.gifgiggle.gif

Reds swoop for Veseli

Manchester United have completed the deadline-day signing of defensive prospect Frederic Veseli from neighbours Manchester City.

The 19-year-old centre-back, who plays for Switzerland Under 20s, will link up with Warren Joyce's Reserves after making his name in City's Academy side.

A versatile, cultured defender who is comfortable on the ball, Veseli arrived at Eastlands in 2008 from Lausanne Sport in his homeland, and has been tipped to eventually develop into a central midfielder.

"I am very happy and it is an honour to sign for Manchester United," the Swiss starlet said. "I can’t wait to get started, to work hard and do everything I can to help the team. I am looking forward to showing everybody what I can do on the pitch."

Veseli captained his country to victory in the Under 17s World Cup in 2009 and got his first taste of senior football during City's pre-season tour of North America last summer.

He'll now be looking to settle quickly at Old Trafford and impress for the Reds' second string in a bid to earn a first-team chance.

"I am very thankful to Sir Alex Ferguson for bringing me to such a great club," he added. "Manchester United has a long history of younger players coming through and hopefully I can follow and do the same."

I hope Patrice Evra has had a good look at himself as I said months ago great going forward but hopelessly out of position against Liverpool for their winning goal and for me that's 2 games he has lost for United this season.

There is no doubt that Erva needs to sharpen up on doing some of the basics better, and maintaining his concentration, but i find it hard to be too tough on him, because where he is offering the occasional opportunity for the opposition side, he is at the same time creating a good deal down the opposition half in the way of runs around the back, cutting inside and going through defences, as well as crosses across the front of goal. Now there may be a few exceptional talents that are able to excel at both the defending and the attacking in equal measure, but usually with most players there is a bit of a trade off.

Some will of course say that defending is first and foremost what he is there for, and there is a lot of truth to that, but defenders at United are expected to offer more, and indeed it is demanded of them. All the time that is the case, i think we have to accept there will be the occasional error.

And of course the errors are not helped by having to play a different back four in virtually every game, and missing guys like Vidic, who not only defends brilliantly, but organises - especially important when your keeper isn't that good in that part of the game.

• Like 2

I hope Patrice Evra has had a good look at himself as I said months ago great going forward but hopelessly out of position against Liverpool for their winning goal and for me that's 2 games he has lost for United this season.

There is no doubt that Erva needs to sharpen up on doing some of the basics better, and maintaining his concentration, but i find it hard to be too tough on him, because where he is offering the occasional opportunity for the opposition side, he is at the same time creating a good deal down the opposition half in the way of runs around the back, cutting inside and going through defences, as well as crosses across the front of goal. Now there may be a few exceptional talents that are able to excel at both the defending and the attacking in equal measure, but usually with most players there is a bit of a trade off.

Some will of course say that defending is first and foremost what he is there for, and there is a lot of truth to that, but defenders at United are expected to offer more, and indeed it is demanded of them. All the time that is the case, i think we have to accept there will be the occasional error.

And of course the errors are not helped by having to play a different back four in virtually every game, and missing guys like Vidic, who not only defends brilliantly, but organises - especially important when your keeper isn't that good in that part of the game.

A much improved performance from Evra last night seemed to be mindful of getting back and holding the fort, as well as attacking,he didn't give Pennant much room either.As captain he also has a responsibilty of leading by example. I trust the Scholes knockers were watching last night, his "man of the match" performance . Maybe its me but I see fresh enthusiasm and dertermination in his play maybe to silence the knockers.His last 5 minute pass to Valencia's feet, a 40 metre diagonal, should be in every coaching DVD .

But "man of the moment" goes to Darron Gibson blasting home the shot we all know he has, but rarely see.As SAF said "all part of the plan" also getting the fans of Moyes back and leaving Mancini looking like he had been run over by a truck.

Looking forward to Chelsea, this weekend Nani , Rooney, maybe Young should be back, difficult selection choices which will be a nice change with 11 players unavailable last night.Apart from a couple of mis directed pases didnt see too much wrong with Jonny Evans performance and 3rd choice keeper Ben Amos didn't do his career any harm either.Been with United since he was a kid which begs the question why do we always,apart from Foster, look overseas for keepers ?

Hi guys,

New to this forum and indeed to Bangkok... just moved here on Monday!

Anyway was wondering if any reds in Bangkok meet up to watch the matches?

Would be great to meet a few of you!

Good win last night... loved the ironic songs from the Stretty about Gibson!!

Ian

biggrin.png Look forward to the replies.

Edit: They all live within a five mile radius of Salford Quays....its even rumoured MrRed has a penthouse there...but he's never invited us Yids round to his cocktail parties thankfully.

Edited by smokie36

ian

My guess is if u go this place in sukhumvit 23? I think..... Maybe you will find a certain (or even a few) men yapping away. Find the ones that talk the most...that will be them. I think.

I forget the name.....but maybe someone else will confirm

But only a guess. I wouldnt know. And wouldnt wanna be seen near such a gathering :whistling:

Hi guys,

Ian

welcomeani.gif

Hi Ian, good to have some fresh incoming footie forum blood, of any club allegiance really for that matter. Hope you stick around.

Can't help you with the meets though. I'm a bit too far out and usually a bit busy to do anything other than sit in front of the TV at home with my dogs. bkkjames i think is known to frequent the Crossbar, which is near Asok, but he seems to be awol right now.

Hi guys,

Ian

Hi Ian, welcome to the Man Yoo thread, i hope you realize that to be accepted on here you have swear on oath that....

1. You will be totally bias.

2. You will never have a bad word to say about Ole Red Nose.

3. You will continually keep talking about all the youngsters coming through into the first team (even though there aint any).

4. You must mention the no.19 at regular intervals.

5. You must never admit that Rio has had his day.

6. You will not post the day after a defeat.

Footnote : sorry Ian i forgot, you're a man yoo fan so the above goes without saying 23.gif