Manchester United

redrus

Hi guys,

New to this forum and indeed to Bangkok... just moved here on Monday!

Anyway was wondering if any reds in Bangkok meet up to watch the matches?

Would be great to meet a few of you!

Good win last night... loved the ironic songs from the Stretty about Gibson!!

Ian

Hi Ian, welcome to the Man Yoo thread, i hope you realize that to be accepted on here you have swear on oath that....

1. You will be totally bias.

2. You will never have a bad word to say about Ole Red Nose.

3. You will continually keep talking about all the youngsters coming through into the first team (even though there aint any).

4. You must mention the no.19 at regular intervals.

5. You must never admit that Rio has had his day.

6. You will not post the day after a defeat.

If i have missed anything please feel free to add.

Footnote : sorry Ian i forgot, you're a man yoo fan so the above goes without saying 23.gif

Hi guys,

New to this forum and indeed to Bangkok... just moved here on Monday!

Anyway was wondering if any reds in Bangkok meet up to watch the matches?

Would be great to meet a few of you!

Good win last night... loved the ironic songs from the Stretty about Gibson!!

Ian

Hi Ian, welcome to the Man Yoo thread, i hope you realize that to be accepted on here you have swear on oath that....

3. You will continually keep talking about all the youngsters coming through into the first team (even though there aint any).

If i have missed anything please feel free to add.

Footnote : sorry Ian i forgot, you're a man yoo fan so the above goes without saying 23.gif

And to remind oneself that Spurs are the biggest rivals to United not City,that will keep the Yids happy Ian....oh and welcome! jap.gif

Arn"t we all?

The greatest and most successful manager ever to have walked the earth.

Wellbeck

Cleverly

Pogba

Keane

Evans

Fryers

Amos....just to name a few....others have been moved on,sold or on loan if you would like to looky!

20 soon!

We all know at United that he is finished,but hey ho Jones and Smalling will be very good replacements.

Why?

Wellbeck

Cleverly

Pogba

Keane

Evans

Fryers

I think there has to be a limit on what you describe as youth. Evans is about 24 which in footballing terms is not really youth, Cleverley is about 23 and Wellbeck is about 21/22. Joe Hart is only a tad older than those but we don't refer to him as being a youth. As for Fryers and Pogba, never really heard of them, so can't comment.

Arn"t we all?

The greatest and most successful manager ever to have walked the earth.

Wellbeck

Cleverly

Pogba

Keane

Evans

Fryers

Amos....just to name a few....others have been moved on,sold or on loan if you would like to looky!

20 soon!

We all know at United that he is finished,but hey ho Jones and Smalling will be very good replacements.

Why?

Have you got the flu mate? biggrin.png

Edit: Please comment on the local colloquial use of "stretty". huh.png

Edited by smokie36

I deleted two off topic baiting posts

I would warn the poster but he might add that to the long list of grudge book he's maintaining on me lol

I feel sorry his book might not be big enough and I'm trying to help conserve the environment

• Like 1

First half shit, second half brilliant! But how long can you rely on Scholes and Giggs?

Hopefully, the Gimps (as the three brothers running the club's finances are affectionately known) will sell up before our middle aged midfield maestros qualify for their Saga memberships.

I deleted two off topic baiting posts

I would warn the poster but he might add that to the long list of grudge book he's maintaining on me lol

I feel sorry his book might not be big enough and I'm trying to help conserve the environment

mrboj I fear that migsy's account has been hacked by a certain Mr Webb! biggrin.png

But how long can you rely on Scholes and Giggs?

How long can they rely on the ref helping them out. 4 pens in two games!!

The free kick awarded from the comical dive by Luiz near the end wasn't too helpful. The cracking strike by Mata would've won the game for Chelsea except for an equally cracking save by Calamity Dave.

But how long can you rely on Scholes and Giggs?

How long can they rely on the ref helping them out. 4 pens in two games!!

No no MrB they never get favouritism from the refs, they really don't. Even when the balls a meter over the line.

Interesting how delighted red nose was after the game and how totally p*ssed off AVB was. I'm delighted, it was the perfect result so thanks anyway.

Edited by carmine

The ABU'S are out in force today jerk.gif ....no mention of the fine comeback when 3 nil down with 30 minutes to go and the 2 penalties that should of been in the first half? Ok they where debatable but out of 4 we had 2 given,i would say that is a fair ratio.

Chelsea where very fortunate to be 3 up and at the end where playing for time they should of had Ivanovic sent off also.

Just the facts boys. jap.gif Good result under the circumstances and better than the bitters did there.

Edit; i think Howard Webb is a tosser and never gives United the rub.

Edited by MrRed

The ABU'S are out in force today jerk.gif ....no mention of the fine comeback when 3 nil down with 30 minutes to go and the 2 penalties that should of been in the first half? Ok they where debatable but out of 4 we had 2 given,i would say that is a fair ratio.

Chelsea where very fortunate to be 3 up and at the end where playing for time they should of had Ivanovic sent off also.

Just the facts boys. jap.gif Good result under the circumstances and better than the bitters did there.

SAF is the new Arsene Wenger. Whinging about the ref in the first half when you have been gifted 2 penalties that never were in the second! Classic Wenger stuff.

This was surely the worst-refereed game this year. I've never been a fan of Web, though I do think he has good authority in highly-charged situations - too often the match is about him and not the players.

Yes Mr Red it was a great come-back notwithstanding!

Albeit that comment was tongue in cheek. Just seen something here http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/2012-02-07/revealed-referee-whos-given-man-united-most-premier-league-penalties-its-not-howard-webb?p=2 and it's actually Mike Dean who gives you slightly more penalties per game than Howard Webb.

Dean has officiated 29 times and given you 9 pens, an average 0.31 per game. Webb has officiated 30 times and given you 9, an average of 0.30 per game. So it looks like you have two of them on the payroll.

Albeit that comment was tongue in cheek. Just seen something here http://www.talksport...howard-webb?p=2 and it's actually Mike Dean who gives you slightly more penalties per game than Howard Webb.

Dean has officiated 29 times and given you 9 pens, an average 0.31 per game. Webb has officiated 30 times and given you 9, an average of 0.30 per game. So it looks like you have two of them on the payroll.

Abrak has even got you hooked....biggrin.png

Albeit that comment was tongue in cheek. Just seen something here http://www.talksport...howard-webb?p=2 and it's actually Mike Dean who gives you slightly more penalties per game than Howard Webb.

Early in 2011 a referee awarded 36 red cards in one match which is double what both referees gave over the 59 games they refereed

Early in 2011 a referee awarded 36 red cards in one match which is double what both referees gave over the 59 games they refereed

Is it a quiz?

Is it a quiz?

No not really.

But referees are paid relatively little, bias is relatively easy to ascertain and the statistics are available in huge detail to everyone.

In my opinion accusing referees of bias (which essentially means being crooked) as opposed to say getting decisions wrong is pretty tough on people who are not highly rewarded in the first place.

You can see extensive data here....

http://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=434&season_id=141

Where you need to be careful is that you need to understand that no team can be awarded say a penalty unless play is actually in the oppositions penalty area.

The other factors you have to bear in mind is that a player with possession of the ball is more likely to be fouled than a player that does not (in fact it is usually quite rare for a player nowhere near the ball to be fouled).

Finally I would point out that UTd's low average point score with United in matches refereed by Webb reflects the fact he tends to referee games where top sides are involved.

If you actually look at the stats you will find that refs, if they have a bias, it is a bias towards the clubs they think that others think they have a bias against

I mean it is hardly rocket science is it:? I actually find it incredibly boring that every top 6 manager has to claim they are persecuted by the refs. The actual evidence 'suggests' that the top sides receive a consistent bias by the refs. However, this is likely to simply to reflect possession and territorial advantage (I mean if say ManU spend 90% of their time in your penalty area dont claim that just because they have received twice as many penalties the ref is bias.)

• Like 1

Ryan Giggs has just signed another year contract with United ,no agent ,business as usual. In my opinion he is playing as well, if not better than last year,and that

"feathered " pass to Hernandez to score against Chelsea was typical of his calmness,experience and awareness.I hope Scholsey joins him. Young Tom Cleveley might be back for this weekend,love his energy. I see Michael Owen is still recovering from a thigh strain,how many months is a that? time is up for MO me thinks.