Manchester United

redrus

Rio Ferdinand charged by the (know) FA

Charged for repeating on Twitter that Ashley Cole is a choc Ice or, black on the outside, white on the inside.

John Terry will get off and, Rio will feel the force of the FA, again.

I'm sure the FA would have a field day in South Central LA telling the men of the area what they can and can't call each other.. Crack on I say, drop em all in Compton now...!!!!

redrus

There is talk in the British press that Man United are interested in the "Choc-Ice"

Or is that only Mirror talk ?

I think this is more than gossip as his best mate who has come out and said he would take a bullet for him, is at united.

Fact I'm afraid! Incidently where was Rio in team GB or the world cup? Missed another dope test?Not interested in country ?Only money? What a load of over paid toss!

So the Glazers want to raise 300million quid and keep half to themselves and the other half to pay off the debt, great owners hey fergierolleyes.gif i thought the IPO was to pay off debt united owe not debt the Glazer's own debt.

So the Glazers want to raise 300million quid and keep half to themselves and the other half to pay off the debt, great owners hey fergierolleyes.gif i thought the IPO was to pay off debt united owe not debt the Glazer's own debt.

Nev, when you buy your own football team you can choose how to manage the money mate ;) BTW, you forgot the new about Chevy being our Kit sponsor for 6 years starting 2014 season.

Nev, when you buy your own football team you can choose how to manage the money mate ;) BTW, you forgot the new about Chevy being our Kit sponsor for 6 years starting 2014 season.

Nice change from the usual Arabic/Asian logos adorning the EPL. Now if only Blackburn's owners can persuade Jaguar (now Indian-owned and reportedly making serious money) to sponsor Rovers with the 'leaping cat' I might even buy a shirt myself.

[Anybody want to buy a 12 year old beautiful one owner XKR? The car's quite good-looking too. It's finally gotta go as I commit to this country - boo hoo].

Charged for repeating on Twitter that Ashley Cole is a choc Ice or, black on the outside, white on the inside.

I'm sure the FA would have a field day in South Central LA telling the men of the area what they can and can't call each other.. Crack on I say, drop em all in Compton now...!!!!

redrus

There is talk in the British press that Man United are interested in the "Choc-Ice"

I think this is more than gossip as his best mate who has come out and said he would take a bullet for him, is at united.

Fact I'm afraid! Incidently where was Rio in team GB or the world cup? Missed another dope test?Not interested in country ?Only money? What a load of over paid toss!

Bit of a dickish comment that. looking for a rise maybe..?

ABU WUM.....!!!! clap2.gif

redrus

^Rio is one of thee best defenders in the world, still...... That is a fact.

cheesy.gif . Maybe one of the best playing in England if he gets back to previous consistency with game time. Just sticking with central defenders, Kompany and Vermaelen are definitely markedly better on current form and Koscielny, Lescott and Terry probably also. Vertongen may be better, lets wait and see. Go Europe wide and there are whole slews of better CDs - Puyol, Pepe, Ramos, Mascherano, Hummels to name a few.

All just opinion, like 99% of the footie threads.

ok Terry was a bit of a wind up

In all seriousness nev, it really is a horrible investment!! The only people buying into the deal would be either die-hard United fans, or naive investors who support United.

No way will any investor from amateur to professional, get involved in an IPO where its price is SIX TIMES its revenuecheesy.gifcheesy.gif . And even those shares sold do not have equal voting rights as the ones retained by the Glazers!!

Sack of Cak!!

Those Glazers are a piece of workbah.gif

cheesy.gif . Maybe one of the best playing in England if he gets back to previous consistency with game time. Just sticking with central defenders, Kompany and Vermaelen are definitely markedly better on current form and Koscielny, Lescott and Terry probably also. Vertongen may be better, lets wait and see. Go Europe wide and there are whole slews of better CDs - Puyol, Pepe, Ramos, Mascherano, Hummels to name a few.

Not sure what your point of contention is Santi.

Rus said Rio is one of the best defenders in the world. He did not say Rio is the best in the world, and nor did he say, there are no other decent defenders.

For me, Rio has two weaknesses in his game. One is his proneness to injury (not much he can do about that), and the other is his concentration, which has been known to go walkabouts. But on his day, he is as good as any defender. Perfect? No. Not many players are.

• Like 1

redrus

He missed the original dope test because he had VD and didnt want that getting out. Told to a group of us by Beckhams dad on holiday

How do Ushited hope to recapture former european glories with a Japanese shirt seller and a lad from Crewe.

You give the word WUM a bad rap. Must be from Liverpool.

Over 40 years a Bertie and looking forward to the next 10 seasons

Lad from Crewe I think will turn out to be a gem with us for 12 years min. The 'shirt seller' has a better first touch than David Silva and from what I have seen so far, can get the ball moving forward as fast as Scholesy.

But using your logic, I guess we should buy an American to sell Chevy's now to the Americans? ;)

How do Ushited hope to recapture former european glories with a Japanese shirt seller and a lad from Crewe.

Lad from Crewe I think will turn out to be a gem with us for 12 years min. The 'shirt seller' has a better first touch than David Silva and from what I have seen so far, can get the ball moving forward as fast as Scholesy.

But using your logic, I guess we should buy an American to sell Chevy's now to the Americans? wink.png

Utds transfers remind me of the old saying " iv'e never been to bed with an ugly bird, but iv'e woke up with a few " but in their case " the've never bought a bad player, but they've sold a few " !!!!

Rus said Rio is one of the best defenders in the world. He did not say Rio is the best in the world, and nor did he say, there are no other decent defenders.

For me, Rio has two weaknesses in his game. One is his proneness to injury (not much he can do about that), and the other is his concentration, which has been known to go walkabouts. But on his day, he is as good as any defender. Perfect? No. Not many players are.

People slagged Gary Neville off for years yet he still consistently made it into United and Engerland first 11's throughout his illustrious career. If you you play regularly for Manchester United, you are one of the best in the world, n thats a fact ladies and gents....;)

redrus

• Like 1

But using your logic, I guess we should buy an American to sell Chevy's now to the Americans? wink.png

Better first touch than Silva??whistling.gif

So when did you see Kagawa play a Premiership game, to allow you to make that comparison???

Moving the ball forward quicker than Scholesy, shouldnt be too hard, as most of Scholesys completed passes are sideways or backwards.

JD, dont confuse Carrick with Sir Paul. I have no arguement in defense of that donkey. SInce when is have a good first touch relevant to the league you play in. Never seemed to bother Messi or Inesta and Co in Barca?

Because the Premiership is renowned to be played at the fastest pace in the world!!

Lets see how good his first touch is when he knows he has less than 1 second before he gets hit hard!

Messi, Iniesta and Silva are all world class players.

Kagawa isnt even close to that level yet.

Well who has city bought? we have strengthened with 2 new signings and have Vidic Anderson Cleverley Smalling And maybe Fletcher coming back from long term injuries so we are stronger than last season, Kagawa is more than a shirt seller, if you know and watch football you should know that, and Powell looks a promising young player one for the future.

You city fans should be more concerned with trying to off load the half a dozen over paid players who know on wants due to them not wanting to take pay cuts.

JD, dont confuse Carrick with Sir Paul. I have no arguement in defense of that donkey. SInce when is have a good first touch relevant to the league you play in. Never seemed to bother Messi or Inesta and Co in Barca?

Because the Premiership is renowned to be played at the fastest pace in the world!!

Lets see how good his first touch is when he knows he has less than 1 second before he gets hit hard!

Messi, Iniesta and Silva are all world class players.

Kagawa isnt even close to that level yet.

time will tell, his german credentials are pretty sound :)

People slagged Gary Neville off for years yet he still consistently made it into United and Engerland first 11's throughout his illustrious career. If you you play regularly for Manchester United, you are one of the best in the world, n thats a fact ladies and gents....wink.png

redrus

Thats one of the most arrogant toss of a posts i ever heard on this forum.

The only reason Neville was capped so many times was because there was literally no one else. Average player with a world class working ethic.

The best teams in the world don't play 38 year olds btw mate....only teams that are having their money sucked out of them and as a result, nothing to spend. Utd are just very lucky that ferguson has stayed on otherwise i reckon you'd be right in the sh1t.

One last thing...please stop referring to is as "is' because its a case of "was" thats why he didn't make it into a dog average england squad. yes, he was very good a while ago when he was concentrating on the game and not passing square across his goal mouth but that was some time ago now. He was certainly the only English center back that could be referred to as being in the same league as a fit ledley King.

Alfie,

How's Modric doing?

Well apparently he's not too happy, but for us as a club it's a no lose situation, either receive 35m + or keep a world class player, shame you couldn't afford him really 23.gif

Keeping a world class player whose heart is not in it but who the manager will most likely dare not drop, doesn't seem a great potential scenario.

Alfie,

How's Modric doing?

Well apparently he's not too happy, but for us as a club it's a no lose situation, either receive 35m + or keep a world class player, shame you couldn't afford him really 23.gif

Keeping a world class player whose heart is not in it but who the manager will most likely dare not drop, doesn't seem a great potential scenario.

How do you know his heart won't be in it ? physiacrist are we now ?

How do you know the manager won't dare drop him ? Physic are we now ?

Edited by alfieconn

How do you know his heart won't be in it ? physiacrist are we now ?

My goodness me, why would you need to be a psychiatrist? Just look at his past history. This is a player who last minute before a game, went on strike and refused to play. This is what he is capable of. And he has publicly stated that he doesn't want to play for Spurs, and he is happy being publicly courted by a team that supporters of his current team hate. Does any of this read as being a committed "heart in the job" type player? I mean, seriously? I guess it's possible that a decent manager might be able to manufacture passion in him and his attitude, but i wouldn't count on that working - and if it does, wouldn't count on it lasting.

How do you know the manager won't dare drop him ? Physic are we now ?

I don't know it, hence why i said "most likely". All i am really saying is, if he does stay, there will be immense pressure on the manager to in some way vindicate that decision and not make it look like the club were stupid to not sell him.