Manchester United

redrus

If Vidic, Smalling, Jones and jonny nippon are fit why would he want to sign anyone.lem

As i said before, teams are normally going to have to score more than two goals to beat Utd which will be highly unlikely when the defense is fit again

Defense not the problem its the midfield we are short, we have Carrrick Cleverley Anderson Fletcher and a ageing Scholes, only Carrick is first on the team sheet, we could do with a attacking midfielder to accompany him, Cleverley is 1st choice but can he stay fit all season,or other option Anderson cannot thats for sure.

If Vidic, Smalling, Jones and jonny nippon are fit why would he want to sign anyone.lem

As i said before, teams are normally going to have to score more than two goals to beat Utd which will be highly unlikely when the defense is fit again

Defense not the problem its the midfield we are short, we have Carrrick Cleverley Anderson Fletcher and a ageing Scholes, only Carrick is first on the team sheet, we could do with a attacking midfielder to accompany him, Cleverley is 1st choice but can he stay fit all season,or other option Anderson cannot thats for sure.

We have Kagawa fit again soon mate wink.png

We have Kagawa fit again soon mate wink.png

As i eluded to in my post. Nev's a bit Red. biggrin.png

Real Madrid v Manchester United

What a great couple of games to look forward too thumbsup.gif

Indeed.

A tough draw, but the sort of game we live for. And whilst there is no "good time" to meet Real, it's not a "bad time". I think they can be beat. Of course so can we, but besides perhaps Barca, who can't be beat?

Good to play the second leg at home. Bring it on... can't wait!

Indeed.

A tough draw, but the sort of game we live for. And whilst there is no "good time" to meet Real, it's not a "bad time". I think they can be beat. Of course so can we, but besides perhaps Barca, who can't be beat?

Good to play the second leg at home. Bring it on...

can't wait!

Same here thats the best part, 2nd leg at old trafford a reasonable result over there and they will not fancy facing Rooney and RVP, be to cracking games

Indeed.

can't wait!

Same here thats the best part, 2nd leg at old trafford a reasonable result over there and they will not fancy facing Rooney and RVP, be to cracking games

RVP will be injured again before then. Long overdue!

Indeed.

can't wait!

Indeed.

can't wait!

Well you've finally drawn a top team and it doesn't look good chaps. I reckon Benzema likes the look of your defense.wink.png

If rat face makes it off the Madrid bench i would appreciate a very unpleasant tackle being dealt out in his direction.wai.gif

I think you will find Madrid have drawn a top team too and Rooney and RVP will be looking forward to Madrid's shaky defence also smile.png

Not a United fan around thinks we are the underdogs here a game over two legs that can go either way and should be two classics!

Was at both games last time we met and if as good we are all in for a treat!! thumbsup.gif

I think you will find Madrid have drawn a top team too and Rooney and RVP will be looking forward to Madrid's shaky defence also smile.png

Not a United fan around thinks we are the underdogs here a game over two legs that can go either way and should be two classics!

Was at both games last time we met and if as good we are all in for a treat!! thumbsup.gif

OK.

I actually think you have a point here Santi. As we reach mid-season i have to say i'm surprised RVP hasn't at least had some sort of strain or muscle pull. Crucial that we keep him wrapped in cotton wool and make sure he is available for all the big games. Going to be a test of SAF's management skills to get the rotating just right. If anyone can do it though.....

Sir Alex Ferguson holds out hope of re-signing Cristiano Ronaldo

• 'I hope he would want to come to Manchester United'

• 'It's a long way off but you never know,' says manager

Cristiano-Ronaldo-playing-008.jpg

Sir Alex Ferguson has said he would like to see Cristiano Ronaldo one day return to Manchester United though he admitted it was a "long way off".

Ronaldo spent six years at United before his world record £80m transfer in 2009 to Real Madrid, the club United face in the last 16 of theChampions League. Asked if Ronaldo might come back and play for United, Ferguson said: "I don't see that. I'd love to see that but it's fanciful thinking really. First of all, how much it would take to get him from Real Madrid? And second, I don't think there's any chance they would want to sell him.

"But you never know. I don't know when his contract finishes. He may want to go to another club at some point in his career and I'd hope he would want to come here. But that's a long way off."

Ronaldo's affection for United, where he won the Champions League, three Premier League titles, the FA Cup and two League Cups, was underlined when he told the Spanish newspaper AS he would not go overboard if he found the back of the net in the Champions League. "I won't celebrate if I score against United," he said. "I still speak with Ferguson. I miss him a lot and I miss Manchester United. I felt very good there; it was like a family. I had six great years there and am still friends with my team-mates. It is thanks to Manchester United that I am here playing for Real Madrid. Without them I wouldn't be the player I am today."

Ferguson said Ronaldo's courage is one of the attributes that place him among football's elite. "Great players have got that. All the great players you look at, particularly forwards have got that – Denis [Law], [George] Best – they always take the ball no matter the challenges. Pelé, Johan Cruyff, Eusébio, all the great players can do that. They take the ball, no matter the challenges," the United manager said.

"There are different forms of courage and that one is the best one. You've got lads who will run through a brick wall, lads who go into flying tackles, they will play with cut heads, but the courage to take the ball all the time is a fantastic courage. He always had that."

Asked if Ronaldo is the best Ferguson has managed, he said: "I've been very fortunate in having Scholes and Giggs, I've had fantastic players – Cantona. He's certainly in that bracket, there's no question about that."

Ferguson joked that it will be difficult to stop Ronaldo. "The contract with Real says that he can't play against us – I think it will be a disgrace if he plays against us anyway. He has no loyalty to us! One thing is for sure, that he'll get a great reception when he comes to Old Trafford and quite rightly when he comes on the pitch. After that they can boo all they like."

Real's manager, José Mourinho, first gained major attention with his touchline celebration at Old Trafford when Porto beat United on the way to winning the European Cup in 2004.

Ferguson said: "I've not got a great record against José and I need to put that right. The main focus will centre around Cristiano. It will be a fantastic tie and hopefully we can get them back here with a good chance and the place will be buzzing. We've not had a really good European game for quite a while, having not qualified last year. This is a big opportunity for United to kick on and step forward in European football again."So

Guardian Football : http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/21/sir-alex-ferguson-cristiano-ronaldo

I would love him back in a United Shirt i think we could pick him up for about 120M / 150M and money well spent in all honesty also the other day i heard Scholes call it time again after this season hanging his boots up again ? I think we will be busy once the football season ends with the jan transfer window opening soon i can only see some players leaving the likes of Bébé & Macheda ..?

I would love him back in a United Shirt i think we could pick him up for about 120M / 150M and money well spent in all honesty

He'd be back no more than five minutes before getting itchy feet and looking around for his next big money move. He's one of those sorts of players. Always looking for the limelight and even when he's in it, he's thinking, perhaps if i go over there, the limelight will be even bigger. Love his talent but the man's a prima-dona knob and i can't think of anything worse than paying the sort of money you are talking about to get him back.

• Like 1

Mourinho has dropped Iker Casillas for tonights game at Malaga which would seem to confirm that all is not well at the Bernabeau. There are persistent rumours that the special one and the World Cup captain do not see eye to eye and this will hardly dispel that gossip.

I’d love to join United

Ronaldo wants to ‘come home’

RONALDO_1642698a.jpg

CRISTIANO RONALDO wants to re-join Manchester United next summer.

SunSport can reveal the former United star wishes to quit Real Madrid and return to Old Trafford, a day after boss Alex Ferguson admitted he would love him back.

Ronaldo, 27, has already told pals as well as ex-Red Devils team-mates he wants to “come home”.

The bombshell news comes days after Real Madrid were pitted against United in a mouthwatering Champions League tie.

But the £80million world record signing admits a deal at the moment seems “impossible” due to the vast sums involved, which Fergie conceded.

Ronaldo has fired 170 goals in 169 games since his move to Real in 2009.

He has a one BILLION euros get-out clause, which is around £810m, on a deal that has 2½ years left to run.

Madrid would want around £122m for their prize asset.

But selling him would easily cost club president Florentino Perez re-election this summer.

Ronaldo is keen to move back to a club where he is loved like no-one else and not just another star. Also he wants to work again with Fergie.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co...l#ixzz2FqaZEhuR

Mourinho has dropped Iker Casillas for tonights game at Malaga which would seem to confirm that all is not well at the Bernabeau. There are persistent rumours that the special one and the World Cup captain do not see eye to eye and this will hardly dispel that gossip.

That didn't work out too well, did it?

Falcao, will cost £50m Man Utd would be mad to have a look at him at that price plus we could do with another striker with the likes of Bébé & Macheda leaving the club when the window opens next week plus we will have the likes of NANI leaving on top of this think he would cost us around maybe £20M for the sale of all three players .. ?