Manchester United

redrus

Seeing as old red nose's tactics of "parking the bus'' on sunday nearly paid off, do you think he will employ this tactic more often ? or perhaps only against the better teams !

I must say i was also surprised at the negativity, and even more so being happy with playing ninety minutes with only two shots on target.

The abuse AGAIN of an official was desperate though.

"I am disappointed with him [beck] - we have not had a good record with him," Ferguson told BBC Sport.

This line tells it as it is. The man is a disgrace. I wonder who will be reffing their next game?

As to his new defensive style hopefully we will hear Nads taking up the "1-0 to the arse oops salford...." or words to that effect....

If we win 1-0 then so be it ....our style of attacking football will never mean this will happen consistently especially the way we have been defending.

Go on admit it smokes there is only one team that are worth watching on a weekend apart from your team that is!

If we win 1-0 then so be it ....our style of attacking football will never mean this will happen consistently especially the way we have been defending.

Go on admit it smokes there is only one team that are worth watching on a weekend apart from your team that is!

Not so true this season...although a world away from watching Chelski or the fading Arse.....still can't appreciate Citeh's style much.

I like watching Swansea though.

The FA have asked for 'clarification' of Fergie's ridiculous comments about the linesman (I can't be doing with this "assistant official" nonsense).

What part of 'don't send anyone we don't like' do they not understand?

Much as I admire old red-nose's managerial capabilities, looks like he should get a blast for those comments. Wenger has been sent to the stand more than once in Europe for similar loss of control.

The FA have asked for 'clarification' of Fergie's ridiculous comments about the linesman (I can't be doing with this "assistant official" nonsense).

What part of 'don't send anyone we don't like' do they not understand?

Much as I admire old red-nose's managerial capabilities, looks like he should get a blast for those comments. Wenger has been sent to the stand more than once in Europe for similar loss of control.

Yeah send old red nose to the directors box with a bottle of Bordeaux. We can sing Rudolph to him at half time. clap2.gif

Seeing as old red nose's tactics of "parking the bus'' on sunday nearly paid off, do you think he will employ this tactic more often ? or perhaps only against the better teams !

Speaking of red noses, I think on Sat SAF nose was the reddest I've seen it since Hogmanay 2,000 wink.png

Speaking of red noses, I think on Sat SAF nose was the reddest I've seen it since Hogmanay 2,000 wink.png

Looked like a garden gnome in that hat. Roberto Martinez, he aint.

Here one for you lot this morning reading the papers on united it seems we could be letting go of de Gea and also a lot of reports with current Spain players the likes of Víctor Valdés & Pepe Reina as being the replacement but Barcelona have there eyes set on Pepe Reina once Víctor Valdés leaves plus i cant see Liverpool selling us Pepe Reina anyway but here one for you now... it seems cash-strapped Birmingham are welling to let go of highly-rated English goalkeeper Jack Butland and half price too so then they can balance the books do you think it's worth taking a look at him ? also the past few seasons we been buying a lot of England national team players... coffee1.gif

Edited by Notstupid30

Here one for you lot this morning reading the papers on united it seems we could be letting go of de Gea and also a lot of reports with current Spain players the likes of Víctor Valdés & Pepe Reina as being the replacement but Barcelona have there eyes set on Pepe Reina once Víctor Valdés leaves plus i cant see Liverpool selling us Pepe Reina anyway but here one for you now... it seems cash-strapped Birmingham are welling to let go of highly-rated English goalkeeper Jack Butland and half price too so then they can balance the books do you think it's worth taking a look at him ? also the past few seasons we been buying a lot of England national team players... coffee1.gif

Why would Brum want to let such a highly rated keeper as Butland go for half price when he can command top dollar? Doesn't make sense

We really need a keeper with experience, we have Amos De gea and Lindgard all inexperieced, we need someone who the defense have faith in and i think Valdes fits the bill, don't think Reina will come to us, because of the backlash from Liverpool fans but you never know, who had thought RVP would be a United player this time last year.

Why would Brum want to let such a highly rated keeper as Butland go for half price when he can command top dollar? Doesn't make sense

Testing the water hoping for a bidding war to happen between the top clubs?

The Championship club are in financial meltdown and are open to offers for any first-team players.

Read More : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2266037/Jack-Butland-grabs-cash-strapped-Birmingham-listen-offers-team-stars.html

We really need a keeper with experience, we have Amos De gea and Lindgard all inexperieced, we need someone who the defense have faith in and i think Valdes fits the bill, don't think Reina will come to us, because of the backlash from Liverpool fans but you never know, who had thought RVP would be a United player this time last year.

True would like to see Valdes at United but could see him going to Bayern Munich with Pep Guardiola ..

True would like to see Valdes at United but could see him going to Bayern Munich with Pep Guardiola ..

Who is the Bayern keeper i thought we was in for him before he moved to Bayern? looked a top keeper at the time so see no reason for Bayern wanting Valdes.

You do need an experienced keeper. If Ferguson continues with the "just get the ball to van Persie, score, then everyone behind the ball" policy then the keepers going to be busy.

This policy of packing out the midfield and breaking the game down seems to be working but what if Van Persie gets injured?

Edited by carmine

Who is the Bayern keeper i thought we was in for him before he moved to Bayern? looked a top keeper at the time so see no reason for Bayern wanting Valdes.

indeed, manuel neuer, much better keeper than valdes and no way will bayern be replacing him any time soon.

You do need an experienced keeper. If Ferguson continues with the "just get the ball to van Persie, score, then everyone behind the ball" policy then the keepers going to be busy.

This policy of packing out the midfield and breaking the game down seems to be working but what if Van Persie gets injured?

Quite right carms113.gif ,if it was the Utd of old then they could get away with playing the boy, but when they employ the "parking the bus tactics" thats when they need a keeper who is going to dominate the 18 yard box !!!

Quite right carms113.gif ,if it was the Utd of old then they could get away with playing the boy, but when they employ the "parking the bus tactics" thats when they need a keeper who is going to dominate the 18 yard box !!!

Ferguson knew that whilst Van Persie was scored from any/every oppotunity he had to stop the amount of goals being conceded. True, its not pretty, yes its boring and unimaginative but at the end of the day when you have an RVP in your side just stick the rest of 'em behind the ball, shut up shop and occasionally let a tirade of foul mouthed abuse in the officials direction to let them know who's boss.

• Like 1

funny talking about us having problems and 5pts clear,maybe if we iron out our problems we will be untouchable,nice position to be in and i am sure every other team would love to be where we are.

• Like 1

Thats what i am saying Red, you play didn't play an attacking style so is the "parking the bus tactic" a sign of things to come ?

funny talking about us having problems and 5pts clear,maybe if we iron out our problems we will be untouchable,nice position to be in and i am sure every other team would love to be where we are.

it's bizarre. best start to a league season ever for united. in their history. and i wouldn't even rank this current united side among the top ten that ferguson alone has managed.

• Like 1

it's bizarre. best start to a league season ever for united. in their history. and i wouldn't even rank this current united side among the top ten that ferguson alone has managed.

I find it puzzling too. I guess the obvious explanation is that the other teams in the league aren't very strong, and there might be some truth to that, but on the other hand, i wouldn't have said they were that weak either. Strange.

My own feeling is, what with the number of goals conceded and late fight backs to snatch points this season, that we are on something of a precipice. Either we will fall off it as fatigue sets in, in the latter part of the season, and instead of conceding early and fighting back, we'll just concede early and lose.... or, with the title in our sights, we'll launch off and soar to much greater heights. It's going to go one way or the other. I don't believe it is possible to go a whole season playing on a knife's edge like this.

I find it puzzling too. I guess the obvious explanation is that the other teams in the league aren't very strong, and there might be some truth to that, but on the other hand, i wouldn't have said they were that weak either. Strange.

Indeed the opposition are not weak at all and have world class players.

I think Man U deserve credit for being 5 points clear..

i think that the most obvious answer is probably the right one - ferguson has been there and done it and understands the league better than anyone else. it's a league that doesn't particularly prize good defending so the team that has the best attackers and highest number of regular goalscorers probably wins the title. hence why he went out and spent 24m on a 29 year old last summer.

My own feeling is, what with the number of goals conceded and late fight backs to snatch points this season, that we are on something of a precipice. Either we will fall off it as fatigue sets in, in the latter part of the season, and instead of conceding early and fighting back, we'll just concede early and lose.... or, with the title in our sights, we'll launch off and soar to much greater heights. It's going to go one way or the other. I don't believe it is possible to go a whole season playing on a knife's edge like this.

none of the challengers look anywhere near solid enough to put together a sustained run really. so i think it'll be united's title based on van persie's goals and the usual flat track bullying, ferguson knowing how to drag wins out of his players even when they're not playing particularly well etc.

i think that the most obvious answer is probably the right one - ferguson has been there and done it and understands the league better than anyone else. it's a league that doesn't particularly prize good defending so the team that has the best attackers and highest number of regular goalscorers probably wins the title. hence why he went out and spent 24m on a 29 year old last summer.

none of the challengers look anywhere near solid enough to put together a sustained run really. so i think it'll be united's title based on van persie's goals and the usual flat track bullying, ferguson knowing how to drag wins out of his players even when they're not playing particularly well etc.

I think that sums it up pretty much.

You may be right - and of course i hope you are - but for me City are easily capable of going on a run. They really do have some great players. Their only real weak link is their manager.

If they don't win, and United do, for me it will be as much thanks to Mancini as thanks to RVP. Both bring their own invaluable contribution to United's potential success.

You may be right - and of course i hope you are - but for me City are easily capable of going on a run. They really do have some great players. Their only real weak link is their manager.

If they don't win, and United do, for me it will be as much thanks to Mancini as thanks to RVP. Both bring their own invaluable contribution to United's potential success.

yaya toure being away at the ACN really hurts them. kompany's form has been a concern too. they're capable of course, just never really see mancini dragging results out of them the way ferguson does.

I think that sums it up pretty much.

Yep the premier league is full of crap teams and United are lucky to be at the top with there bully of a manager and because they let in tonnes of goals!

rolleyes.gif Dead Simple!

Edited by MrRed