Manchester United

redrus

Btw. Football is becoming just like Formula1. Rapid escalation in development.

Probably why new boys like AVB, Martinez, Laudrup etc are making their name.

Quite why the FA persist with the old guard like Roy Hodgson I don't know.

Moyes will be facing the most competitive EPL ever seen this coming season.

As for Europe........

Happy Christmas.

Rooney has flown back to the UK. Hamstring problem...........or is it???

Poor showing if you ask me.

What with his injuries and his barnet going pear shaped looks like he's falling to pieces rolleyes.gif

Lets hope we sell him then!...funny how he fly's all the way here and gets an hamstring injury in a light training session.

Don't believe it at all.

What with his injuries and his barnet going pear shaped looks like he's falling to pieces rolleyes.gif

Lets hope we sell him then!...funny how he fly's all the way here and gets an hamstring injury in a light training session.

Don't believe it at all.

Chelsea matewink.png

Oh and btw, was Moyes your first choice to like every other Utd fan and you entire board of directors?cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Any luck on finding a decent midfield player chaps, we've got Parker available if you fancy him, lost a bit of pace recently but still an upgrade on what you currently have, anyway let us know and we'll try and help out, toodle pip laugh.png

Any luck on finding a decent midfield player chaps, we've got Parker available if you fancy him, lost a bit of pace recently but still an upgrade on what you currently have, anyway let us know and we'll try and help out, toodle pip laugh.png

Just been hearing that another Utd target, Thiago is now top of Bayern's wish list. Guardiola quoted as saying he's the only player he wants! Munich it is....

• Like 1

He's upset at not being called a hansum man.

Well that would be stretching the imagination too far even for a Bangkok brass!

• Like 1

He's upset at not being called a hansum man.

Ran out of money was the story I heard.

Birds were too young for him.

• Like 2

Just remind me please how many points United won the comp by last year with the same relentlessly, criticised,crappy midfield I've forgotten.Oh this season we have lost Scholsey who everyone said was too old and past it anyway. biggrin.png

Yeah i know, it does make you wonder about the quality of the rest of the league when you can do so well with your midfield !

Edited by alfieconn

Just remind me please how many points United won the comp by last year with the same relentlessly, criticised,crappy midfield I've forgotten.Oh this season we have lost Scholsey who everyone said was too old and past it anyway. biggrin.png

Calm down Sparks biggrin.png everyone is saying it

Gary Neville believes that Manchester United have run out of excuses not to purchase a midfielder this summer as the club settles into a new chapter under David Moyes.

Calm down Sparks biggrin.png everyone is saying it

Gary Neville believes that Manchester United have run out of excuses not to purchase a midfielder this summer as the club settles into a new chapter under David Moyes.

I figure between Anderson and Rooney United is set in midfield.whistling.gif

rooney on his way home and he was so looking forward to getting a hatrick at the cowboy,oh well colleen will be happy.

George Best would have done it at half time.....and score in the second half.

I think Chelsea are the only club stupid enough to meet Rooney's wage demands (for his ability arguably the most overpaid footballer in the world) and apparently Mourinho fancies him. Make of that what you will.

Edited by carmine

Wayne Rooney is staying at Manchester United, Moyes tells Mourinho

• United manager tells Chelsea manager 'Rooney is not for sale'

• Rooney a United player and 'will remain so', says Moyes

Jamie Jackson in Bangkok

guardian.co.uk, Friday 12 July 2013 14.21 BST

I think Chelsea are the only club stupid enough to meet Rooney's wage demands (for his ability arguably the most overpaid footballer in the world) and apparently Mourinho fancies him. Make of that what you will.

I hope you're wrong.

After the Torres affair, Chelsea have been quite shrewd in their buying of players. I read an article a while back that said something like of the 18 players they have bought in the last 2 years, only 2 are worth less that they were bought for.

Whilst I find it unsavoury, it is hard to dispute fact of a player like Rooney being worth his wage demands because of the exposure and following he will bring. Without that he is worth a lot less than someone like Mata, who was until recently on only (yeah, still silly money) £65k a week.

Edit. A quote from the article.

For clarity, here are the facts; since Emenalo and Forde both assumed their current roles in July 2011, the club has spent just under £170m on 18 first team players (and first team prospects) and, taking a cursory look, only Marko Marin (£6.5m) and Ulises Davila (£1.8m) are probably worth less now than when Chelsea bought them. All of the other players have appreciated in value - some very significantly (including Courtois, Lukaku, Mata, Cahill, De Bruyne, Thorgan Hazard and Azpilicueta).

Edited by mjj