Manchester United

redrus

not so sure about van persie being a better FOOTBALLER than rooney, ATM a better striker absolutely yes, but all round footballer, not sure, could v p play regularly at lhs / cm /c/f/ just behind, and or if needed drop deeper?, think probably not. But however, there's no hint that rooney has an issue with anything that mosey has said and tbh what he said is right but,arguably moyes poor choice of words has allowed the press to regenerate a story that seemingly had reached its pinnacle and now he's given the press ammunition for further unnecessary headlines and the shame really is that it's one he'd seemingly worked hard and well to quell . At everton the press would probably have ignored the odd 'blooper' but at utd, it makes headline news, as I said its a learning curve for him.

Isn't it all about how effective you are? Van Persie almost single handedly secured a top four for Arsenal and his goals, particularly in the first half of last season put Utd in an almost unassailable position at the top of the table culminating in them winning the title. He brings no baggage, juste gets on with it. A managers dream.

The defense restssmile.png

Edited by carmine

I would think of a player's overall contribution in terms of goals and assists. As such:

Rooney: 12 goals, 11 assists.

RVP: 26 goals, 10 assists.

It's a no brainer who I'd choose, and I can't stand the disloyal cloggie prick.

Both Walcott and Cazorla beat Rooney on both of those stats by the way, as did Juan Mata.

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 1

Any luck on finding a decent midfield player chaps, we've got Parker available if you fancy him, lost a bit of pace recently but still an upgrade on what you currently have, anyway let us know and we'll try and help out, toodle pip laugh.png

Just remind me please how many points United won the comp by last year with the same relentlessly, criticised,crappy midfield I've forgotten.Oh this season we have lost Scholsey who everyone said was too old and past it anyway. biggrin.png

Calm down Sparks biggrin.png everyone is saying it

Gary Neville believes that Manchester United have run out of excuses not to purchase a midfielder this summer as the club settles into a new chapter under David Moyes.

Seems i was right biggrin.png

Cesc Fabregas: Manchester United make £25m bid

I would think of a player's overall contribution in terms of goals and assists. As such:

Rooney: 12 goals, 11 assists.

RVP: 26 goals, 10 assists.

It's a no brainer who I'd choose, and I can't stand the disloyal cloggie prick.

Both Walcott and Cazorla beat Rooney on both of those stats by the way, as did Juan Mata.

Never let the facts interfere with a good story Chicog.

you think Mourhino doesn't know what you do?

Jose's well clued up on the mata.

not so sure about van persie being a better FOOTBALLER than rooney, ATM a better striker absolutely yes, but all round footballer, not sure, could v p play regularly at lhs / cm /c/f/ just behind, and or if needed drop deeper?, think probably not. But however, there's no hint that rooney has an issue with anything that mosey has said and tbh what he said is right but,arguably moyes poor choice of words has allowed the press to regenerate a story that seemingly had reached its pinnacle and now he's given the press ammunition for further unnecessary headlines and the shame really is that it's one he'd seemingly worked hard and well to quell . At everton the press would probably have ignored the odd 'blooper' but at utd, it makes headline news, as I said its a learning curve for him.

Isn't it all about how effective you are? Van Persie almost single handedly secured a top four for Arsenal and his goals, particularly in the first half of last season put Utd in an almost unassailable position at the top of the table culminating in them winning the title. He brings no baggage, juste gets on with it. A managers dream.

The defense restssmile.png

As i said ATM he's a better striker and those figures prove it, And he's a top draw professional, which probably we wouldn't have been saying earlier in his career after being booted out of his dutch team for 'poor attitude' or during the time he was accused of rape, yep he's looked and learnt, As arguably looney has, RELATIVELY done, perhaps not much between them, loonies versatility, which maybe has worked a touch against him? and perhaps Rooney's goals have never quite as clearly won the title for utd as vp's did last season, but indeed he has won titles and those goals ' and his versatilty have more than played their part. Perhaps 4 the years from 27 to 30 2 be as spectacular for Rooney, as they have for vp, as others have pointed out maybe he will need a new challenge. Who knows, time or more likely the cheque book will tell

Edited by rijit
  • Like 2

I can't see Wayne doing it at Man U in the shadow of RVP.

That would be asking a lot of any player.

IMHO I think he needs to get out from under the shadow and do his stuff for the next 3-4 years like rijit says.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he went to Chelsea.

I can't see Wayne doing it at Man U in the shadow of RVP.

That would be asking a lot of any player.

IMHO I think he needs to get out from under the shadow and do his stuff for the next 3-4 years like rijit says.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he went to Chelsea.

In fairness to Moyes, if Rooney can't accept that on current form alone he second in the pecking list, (despite RVP being a better player anyway) whats the manager to do?

Theres not a manager in the league that would pick Rooney over Van Persie. Rooney's getting paid 250k per week which tells me he should give 100% regardless or do one. If i were a Utd fan i'd be sick of his petulant antics and would want rid of him. He just throws the toys out the moment his perceived God given right to start is called into question.

Right now the last thing Moyes or Utd need is a loose canon like Rooney unsettling everyone

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

point taken which is why I said ages ago that Moyes won't be sorry to see the back of him.

He wants Fellaini i think. That deal should enable a Rooney move to Chelsea

Interesting. fellaini at Moyes united could work?

point taken which is why I said ages ago that Moyes won't be sorry to see the back of him.

Making no bones about wanting Cesc as well. But is Fabregas still the same player he once was ? Only 26, but with a lot of mileage. I don't have any impression as to whether Barca would like to move Fabregas or not.

I rate Fellaini, though I know many here don't. I think he'd be a valuable addition for any club. He'd sure as hell add some personality to United's sleepwalking midfield.

Making no bones about wanting Cesc as well. But is Fabregas still the same player he once was ? Only 26, but with a lot of mileage. I don't have any impression as to whether Barca would like to move Fabregas or not.

I 've read that rumour and if ever there was a non starter its Fabregas leaving Barca to go to Man Utd.

I rate Fellaini, though I know many here don't. I think he'd be a valuable addition for any club. He'd sure as hell add some personality to United's sleepwalking midfield.

Don't mention Utds midfield on here, it's something they are very sensitive about 2.gif

• Like 1

He's a very effective player that Moyes ofcourse knows well. This deals a goer.

I 've read that rumour and if ever there was a non starter its Fabregas leaving Barca to go to Man Utd.

Why do you think so Carmine ? Seems United as actually made an offer (if that is to be believed).

Well JD, let me ask you the question...why on earth would be want to leave to go back to England when he's only recently returned to a happy life at his boyhood club. Plays regular football, it keeps him constantly in touch with the national side, he's paid a fortune and has a great chance of silverware. Why on earth would he want away to OT?

if he ever made an unlikely return to the premier league i think he'd go back to Arsenal if Wenger was the manager

Edited by carmine

Cesc isn't getting much playing time in his preferred position at Barca?

He's not really been a featured player since he moved to Barca. Too much competition. They've had him as a playmaker at times, at times as a bit of a winger and at times more forward. No solid consistent place. Its tough going up against the likes of Xavi and Iniesta, especially with their long history together. Doesn't seem to me that the competition will be any less now. Alcantara and Villa gone, and Neymar in. Still with Messi, Sanchez and Pedro. You would think Xavi is going to start slowing down some with age, and maybe that is Fabregas' opening. Hard to say.

Well JD, let me ask you the question...why on earth would be want to leave to go back to England when he's only recently returned to a happy life at his boyhood club. Plays regular football, it keeps him constantly in touch with the national side, he's paid a fortune and has a great chance of silverware. Why on earth would he want away to OT?

if he ever made an unlikely return to the premier league i think he'd go back to Arsenal if Wenger was the manager

See my reply to SP Carms. I think it would depend on whether Cesc is comfortable and content being a fairly small cog in the Barca machine, or whether he wants the more prominent role he would have back in the EPL.

See my reply to SP Carms. I think it would depend on whether Cesc is comfortable and content being a fairly small cog in the Barca machine, or whether he wants the more prominent role he would have back in the EPL.

Two sensible midfield signings for Moyes would be Fellaini and Modric. As much as i loathe the rat faced croat he's a very good player as Ferguson made us all so aware. Use him deepish and play Fellaini up behind Van Persie

On a footnote; It would also give us the chance to clatter the little <deleted> for the disrespect he showed us before and after his departure

• Like 1

Two sensible midfield signings for Moyes would be Fellaini and Modric. As much as i loathe the rat faced croat he's a very good player as Ferguson made us all so aware. Use him deepish and play Fellaini up behind Van Persie

On a footnote; It would also give us the chance to clatter the little <deleted> for the disrespect he showed us before and after his departure

I dont think they need anymore midfielders.... they are already stacked.

They have the boy Cleverley, Englands next captain. Anderson is due a big season. Giggs is still in his prime.

Add to that Young and Nani, who will always add poise and flair to any team. Plus all those youngsters that the outsiders are not aware of but the ITK's will know.

The world class midfielder they just signed from Barcelona, Thiago................................ Oh no, wait a minute, he went to Bayern.

Anyway I am quaking in my boots at what the United midfield are going to do this season.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I don't know. Hot news I have seen. The greater Neville ( Gary) and Michel Owen say Moyes needs a midfielder. Modric out of the frame. Barca reluctant to sell Fab having lost Thiago. Fellaini in pole position.

I don't know. Hot news I have seen. The greater Neville ( Gary) and Michel Owen say Moyes needs a midfielder. Modric out of the frame. Barca reluctant to sell Fab having lost Thiago. Fellaini in pole position.

Fellaini's nailed on i'd have thought.

Have you anything specific about Modric being out of the frame?

It appears many of the Manchester United detractors are concerned about United's midfield.

All will be resolved in the fullness of time.

In Moyes we now trust.

(When you've followed a team as long as I have you just become a believer)

The-Devil-devil-fire-monster-smiley-emot