Manchester United

redrus

Looks easy on paper those fixtures and i agree with mrbo we need to get as many points out of those 6 games to get us off to a good start and then see how we go from there, if we drop silly points like we did under Moyes we will be on the back foot and not make top 4 again, with no Europe to worry about i cannot see many drop pioints in those 6 games.

• Like 2

Looks easy on paper those fixtures and i agree with mrbo we need to get as many points out of those 6 games to get us off to a good start and then see how we go from there, if we drop silly points like we did under Moyes we will be on the back foot and not make top 4 again, with no Europe to worry about i cannot see many drop pioints in those 6 games.

Spot on nev. And that is all I was saying.

• Like 1

Well, if I was going to give anybody a transfer budget of 50 pence or 50 billion I'd give it to Mourinho or van Gaal.

Accrington Stanley manager would need to convince me he's the man.

smile.png

Eh! bah.gif

Keep of the pop mate.

van Gaal will need a bit more time than Pellegrini and Mourinho.

Why? It was Pellegrini's first season last year and he never got any time. Van Gaal is supposed to be a super hero isn't he? All the United fans were giddy after Holland played the other day

Mind you, if you watched the football earlier you would have seen that the 5-1 win was more about how poor Spain are. the dutch are far from a finished article as Australia proved. Van Gaal far from a super hero and i also have to remind myself just how long ago it was since he won his CL, La Liga. In the nineties wasn't it?

^ Dunno if his tactics will work on a wet Wednesday night in Stokebiggrin.png

Chile, with their pressing game, may be a better barometer of Netherlands (and VG's)abilities......assuming both put out their 1st teams (RVP could be a serious loss).

• Like 1

I am wondering how many of these Dutch players would like to join him at United and if he does well at the World cup expectations will be higher for him.

Maybe the Aussie performance was a good wake up call for the Dutch squad and Van Gaal.

Seems Buttner doesn't like him and is offski.

Well, if I was going to give anybody a transfer budget of 50 pence or 50 billion I'd give it to Mourinho or van Gaal.

smile.png

Eh! bah.gif

Keep of the pop mate.

Use your imagination mate.

Money doesn't mean automatic success.

smile.png

smile.png

Eh! bah.gif

Keep of the pop mate.

Use your imagination mate.

smile.png

Ask the rentboys and ABU dabhi's owners smile.png It has worked for them hasn't it.

• Like 1

smile.png

Ask the rentboys and ABU dabhi's owners smile.png It has worked for them hasn't it.

From Ferguson's own mouth:-

Its all very well having all the money, but you cant buy everyone. It was proved in the summer, he said.

We didnt want to sell Ronaldo, other clubs dont want to sell their best players, and there are only so many players you can buy.

Ferguson, who has reached 21 years as United manager, told the clubs official magazine, Inside United: Back in the 1950s Sunderland were called The Bank of England Team - and they got relegated. There are no guarantees.

You can buy 11 individuals - you can buy 11 Robinhos, but it wouldnt be a team would it?

The art of management is building a team with balance, with certain characteristics that blend with each other thats the most important thing.

• Like 2

smile.png

From Ferguson's own mouth:-

Its all very well having all the money, but you cant buy everyone. It was proved in the summer, he said.

We didnt want to sell Ronaldo, other clubs dont want to sell their best players, and there are only so many players you can buy.

Ferguson, who has reached 21 years as United manager, told the clubs official magazine, Inside United: Back in the 1950s Sunderland were called The Bank of England Team - and they got relegated. There are no guarantees.

You can buy 11 individuals - you can buy 11 Robinhos, but it wouldnt be a team would it?

The art of management is building a team with balance, with certain characteristics that blend with each other thats the most important thing.

+1

Or to put it another way, I don't want Bangon replacing Mourinho.

Not that he'd want to earn £5mil pa pimping rent boys though.

From Ferguson's mouth

Because spending half a billion pounds on players is of course not a factor.

rolleyes.gif

Edited by mrbojangles
To add who quoted the sentence
  • Like 1

Chicog fails to grasp that to win trophies you need to play your best 11 and get them to play their best football.

But...maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe he has just got an axe to grind.

When did Arsenal last win the EPL or CL?

( Not that Wenger is not a high quality manager.)

facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

From Ferguson's mouth

Because spending half a billion pounds on players is of course not a factor.

rolleyes.gif

You conveniently left out who said those words and that could have misled people into thinking it was my words. Therefore, edited back in.

I don't understand why you guys argue the point with Chicog.

It is a very simple, obvious and factual statement that both Chelsea and City have spent gazilions buying success.

I don't know why you try and argue that you haven't. If it was my team I'd just agree and give everyone else the raspberry.

They get very prickly when money is mentioned don't they!

I do love the argument though that you can only field eleven players and you still have to get the best out of them.................ofcourse thats a lot easier when you have the likes of their world class multi gazillion pound assembled eleven. What a load of old cobblers or is that something else we have failed to grasp?!!

It's funny hearing that argument from the same people who over the years of United success, put it all down to our spending power. Some serious backpedaling going on.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I don't understand why you guys argue the point with Chicog.

It is a very simple, obvious and factual statement that both Chelsea and City have spent gazilions buying success.

I don't know why you try and argue that you haven't. If it was my team I'd just agree and give everyone else the raspberry.

They get very prickly when money is mentioned don't they!

I do love the argument though that you can only field eleven players and you still have to get the best out of them.................ofcourse thats a lot easier when you have the likes of their world class multi gazillion pound assembled eleven. What a load of old cobblers or is that something else we have failed to grasp?!!

It's funny hearing that argument from the same people who over the years of United success, put it all down to our spending power. Some serious backpedaling going on.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well United have always had the spending power to make an annual marquee signing because you are a big club but i think the cudos was earnt with the home bred players of '92. Problem was United fans still barking on about them for the next twenty years.

My big issue with the Chelsea/City situation is what they have done to the salaries paid. thats simply obscene and really p*sses me off whereas talking of their great achievements, earnt through throwing untold millions to out muscle small skint clubs just makes me laugh.

Ultimately all Abramovich and the sheiks have done is create two leagues out of the English premier league, the "haves" and "have nots" in the spirit of unfair competition. Next season, as in every season Chelsea and City will qualify for the CL no matter what. Great, how exciting!laugh.png

Edited by carmine

Man United, on their web site, have just announced that Valencia has signed a new 3 years contract taking him through to 2018. Had lot of critics like the rest of the team.If he could only reproduce the form of a couple of years ago when he was player of the season it would be bonus. Honest player and versatile worth a place in the squad ,whoever comes in IMO

• Like 1

Unbelievable!

Extremely one dimensional.

He can kick the ball past a player then run after it fast.

About the lowest crossing rates in England among wingers. Any match he plays he has about 5% rate.

21 goals only in 121 matches??

• Like 1

Unbelievable!

About the lowest crossing rates in England among wingers. Any match he plays he has about 5% rate.

Awe...............

Thanks for that, it's ok though, he doesn't play for 'your' team, so leave us United fans happy with him staying and move on with your naysaying bore fest....... x

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Unbelievable!

Awe...............

Thanks for that, it's ok though, he doesn't play for 'your' team, so leave us United fans happy with him staying and move on with your naysaying bore fest....... x

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Hey Rus................. I think he is a United fan!!!!cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I'm sure he is.

• Like 2

Valencia was voted by fellow players and supporters as their best player 2 seasons ago.Of course that means nothing to the stat merchants.

His crossing that season was fantastic and a major reason United won the title.Its was the delivery we didnt have this last season

It should be remembered that he suffered a badly broken leg and that is not easy to come back from ,trust me.

Meanwhile tonight it appears that Athletico Madrid defender Miranda is on the verge of signing for United.

Must be quite a big verge they are all poised on...the rumours keep coming.

• Like 2