Manchester United

redrus

^Not surprised he hasn't been mentioned...never heard of him!whistling.gif

I think he means paddy McNair, also another youngster Tom Thorpe got a run out too,not bad for a team according to the press have lost our identity because we bought 6 players but no mention of the 14 that have left.

Apologies for typo but some posters,thanks Nev, would know who I was talking about.

I hope LVG was watching the Under 21 game v Spurs last night.Have a look at Januzaj's goal from a free kick,simply magic. www.manutd.com Thorpe scored the winner.

^Not surprised he hasn't been mentioned...never heard of him!whistling.gif

I think he means paddy McNair, also another youngster Tom Thorpe got a run out too,not bad for a team according to the press have lost our identity because we bought 6 players but no mention of the 14 that have left.

Apologies for typo but some posters,thanks Nev, would know who I was talking about.

I hope LVG was watching the Under 21 game v Spurs last night.Have a look at Januzaj's goal from a free kick,simply magic. www.manutd.com Thorpe scored the winner.

To be fair Sparks, you was able to field a stronger team than us due to you not having any European game this week thumbsup.gif

Edited by alfieconn

^

Fkc me. Think I'll have to apologise to carmine. w00t.gif

Hey Nev. You know we was talking about the prospect of a blinder when we come and visit you at OT later this month.

biggrin.png

( Haven't they got a gym at Carrington? Last time a medicine ball was seen on a training ground was before Spurs last won the Prem.)

Like him or loathe him no one can question Van Gaal's record in management unless you are seriously biased.

His decision to play young,previously unknown, except to United followers, Paddy McQuire at centre back last weekend has hardly been mentioned. The kid had a blinder and was man of the match in many pundits views. And not a mention by VG of the Clattenberg howlers the previous match,not many managers would have been able to resist that

Judge a manger after a season and not 6 games.

Rooney red card,stupid and deserved but not the first United captain to be an offender come in Roy Keane,Eric Cantona and Vidic who was sent off again at the weekend.

If United can keep 11 men on the pitch there is going to be some exciting football played , win,lose or draw far better to watch that than some of the "yawns" we have had lately.

Judge a manager after a season? Like Moyes?? Lol

• Like 1

Hey rus.

Your geezer van Gaal is beginning to worry me. I have been a supporter as you know.

But he's got van Persie lifting medicine balls on the training pitch, an injury list longer than Arsenal's, and he's advocating mid week friendlies in Europe.

All the signings he's made look great to me ( apart from Shaw who he may not have bought anyway), but as everybody and his dog knows, he's still got a few gaps.

Tell us what you think.

Please.

^

Be fair, he was judged before he signed, nevermind after 6 games.

redrus

How so? He came with a proven CV. He was judged to potentially be the right man for the job with an understanding of the way big clubs operate.

He then oversaw a transfer window that appeared somewhat ill thought out and failed to prioritise correctly leaving gaping holes in your defense. The team went on to concede goals for fun.

Was anyone surprised?

whilst this is going on he holds bizarre press conferences saying at first you can go undefeated all season, soon after, you can challenge for the title, followed by you are in transition and in the middle of it all stuff about just challenging for top four.......he's seems to be as confused as to whats going on as the players do on the pitch.

regardless of whatever his "philosophy" is you can't ram square pegs into round holes.

^

redrus

How so? He came with a proven CV. He was judged to potentially be the right man for the job with an understanding of the way big clubs operate.

He then oversaw a transfer window that appeared somewhat ill thought out and failed to prioritise correctly leaving gaping holes in your defense. The team went on to concede goals for fun.

Was anyone surprised?

whilst this is going on he holds bizarre press conferences saying at first you can go undefeated all season, soon after, you can challenge for the title, followed by you are in transition and in the middle of it all stuff about just challenging for top four.......he's seems to be as confused as to whats going on as the players do on the pitch.

regardless of whatever his "philosophy" is you can't ram square pegs into round holes.

I think Redrus was referring to Moyes being ridiculed judged before he signed Carms, not LVG.

^

redrus

Was anyone surprised?

I think Redrus was referring to Moyes being ridiculed judged before he signed Carms, not LVG.

Oh right. Not sure if Moyes being judged was quite the right way of putting. I just think a number of us on here for example thought he was hopelessly out of his depth in every way to step up to this job. He couldn't say no to such an opportunity and i kind of feel sorry for him because the blame for it all should be laid firmly at Fergusons door.

van Gaal on the other hand is amply qualified to do the job but is going about it in a rather strange fashion thus far. What i would say is he's been incredibly unlucky with injuries.

^

redrus

Was anyone surprised?

Oh right. Not sure if Moyes being judged was quite the right way of putting. I just think a number of us on here for example thought he was hopelessly out of his depth in every way to step up to this job. He couldn't say no to such an opportunity and i kind of feel sorry for him because the blame for it all should be laid firmly at Fergusons door.

van Gaal on the other hand is amply qualified to do the job but is going about it in a rather strange fashion thus far. What i would say is he's been incredibly unlucky with injuries.

Totally agree about Moyes. Several of us on here stated even before SAF left that the next manager would be a fall guy to the poisoned chalice and that is how it unfolded.

Yeah LVG has been unlucky with injuries but most teams will also go through periods of several injuries. What you don't do if you want to be respected is put out statements like "we could go a full season without losing" before you have even had your first competetive match, in a totally new league. One thing United fans don't have is a sense of humour, the majority are not used to losing and so saying things that set them up for ridicule will not be welcomed. Personally, I don't think he is a United style of manager and if he's lucky to stay this season, I can't see him having a long term future at United. Of course United fans will back him whilst he's their manager but I don't personally know anyone who has really warmed that much to him.

I'm not interested in hearing what a City fan thinks about UNITED.

And the forum isn't here just for your benefit. It's here for us all to discuss and debate. I will therefore continue to post my thoughts and if you don't like them, ignore them.

And the forum is here so City fans can drop snide stuff in against their arch rival.

And you ain't so innocent bojangles, are you.

And the forum isn't here just for your benefit. It's here for us all to discuss and debate. I will therefore continue to post my thoughts and if you don't like them, ignore them.

And the forum is here so City fans can drop snide stuff in against their arch rival.

Tell me what "snide stuff" i have dropped in and I will discuss why I have that view. I would like to hear what nev, Rus, BigToe etc have to say on my view though.

This morning I haven't seen many posts from you on actual football matters, so if you want to talk football I will discuss but if you want to bait into an argument, sorry but I'm not going to engage.

• Like 1

Tell me what "snide stuff" i have dropped in and I will discuss why I have that view. I would like to hear what nev, Rus, BigToe etc have to say on my view though.

This morning I haven't seen many posts from you on actual football matters, so if you want to talk football I will discuss but if you want to bait into an argument, sorry but I'm not going to engage.

I could dig out plenty of snide stuff from you bojangles on various threads.

Especially Chelsea's.

Especially Chelsea's.

Go on then. I challenge you to find "snide" posts from me in the Chelsea thread.

Especially Chelsea's.

Go on then. I challenge you to find "snide" posts from me in the Chelsea thread.

Can't be @rsed to go back into the archive.

However, reference to toxic triangle between Abramovich, Mourinho and Courtois lingers in the memory.

You are not as innocent as you like to make out bojangles.

IF United win today that puts them in a possible 4th place, not so bad after 8 games.

As mentioned previously they have some outstanding players and if things start to click they could be well up there at the finish, especially if they add more quality in January.

• Like 2