Manchester United

redrus

If JM changed tack and went 4-4-2, Zlatan as the target-man with either Rashford or Martial playing off him, Mhiki on the right wing and Draxler (if they can get him) Martial or Memphis (If JM can get the best out of him) on the left.

A very exciting attack. Especially if Rooney is as CM/ACM.

We will play 433.

Nope.

4-2-3-1.

Yes we will play both just depends who the opponent is,both the two most widely used systems but I expect Mourinio to use 433 with mkhitaryan and martial as wide men and Zlatlan up top.

If he goes 4231 the same 3 up tip with Rooney in the hole, but can Rooney play the 10 role good enough for a Mourinio team?, I doubt it and I think Rooney will get found out very quick maybe Rashford can do a better job there.

Very interesting time being a red and seeing which way Mourinio will set up, if we do go 433 you really need the right players or you will get found out

Money didn't play PART of the decision. Money was the MAJOR part of this transfer. Of course the name ManU helped a lot too. I dont think he would've moved to China or a second division team if he had an offer that high.

Now, nothing wrong with trying to earn as much money you can while you're still in demand, but I think he put money as a priority over his career.

What can ManU offer him, that Dortmund can't ( except huge amounts of cash )?

With Dortmund he had a guaranteed starting position, he knows the surroundings, he will be a title contender, he will play champions league.

There's no better manager in the world to better his career.

He is going to win trophies at Man U.

This is a fantastic career move for the guy.

He will be a contender for the EPL AND the CL when they are in it.

No way is Mourinho the best manager in the world. Carlo Ancelotti has reached four european cup finals and won three of them. His teams also produce fluid attacking football thats a delight to watch.

The only aspects of the game that Mourinho betters him is in dour defensive displays to kill off a game and thoroughly odious and shithouse behavior

Well said squire!

And it seems that Franky Bear attended the same charm school as his hero.

I'm not a Man U fan.

I know the game unlike yourself and the other guy above. Stick with me, you WILL learn a lot.

I win't reply to you again Gents, i only interact with guys that know the game. Feel free to DM me though for tips and advice on the game :)

• Like 1

Yawn - another 12 yo internet warrior hits the threads.

Careful; he may be like his idol and try to poke your eye out.

Look on the bright side - now he will probably ignore you too

Well the season kicks off on the w/e for United with a short trip to Wigan who have obtained the services of a young United lad Nick Powell who I thought was going to be a great

player for United .Played Under 19 and 21's for England got injured ,went out on loan ,got sent back from loan spell at Leicester as attitude was apparently poor at training.

Similar to the Ravel Morrison story but hopefully he will turn it around and United squandered a few million they paid to Crewe as he went on a free.Had the world at his feet.

The jury is out for me on Mourinho after his obnoxious beahviour last year,maybe he learnt something in his sabbatical. Now smiling, freshly shaven and saying the right things to United fans.Last season he looked and sounded like a bum.

As for Pogba, does it matter if he comes, how much he costs ? The way player and transfer fees are going at 23 he could be sold in 3 (if on a 4 year contract) for more than his asking price now .

I would consider him twice the player Sterling is even now. Stones 50,000 +quid has hardly done anything on the big stage .The football worlds gone mad

• Like 2

I'd take Pogba at silly money too...he is the real deal.

Arturo Vidal makes for much better value for money.wink.png Asking price for Pogba is just ridiculous. Can't see United biting the bullet to the tune of 100m.

All he's done is a press conference and they're singing his name at a friendly with Wigan today laugh.png

Watched it live on You tube.The "loved one" never left the technical area and soaked up all the attention.

5,500 travelling supporters,Wigan fans were noticeable by their abscence.

Typical pre season game,lots of sideways passing by United .If LVG was still in control they would have been booing.

Shaw looked cofident, went 100% into tackles.Having experienced the identical break I was surprised he was so full on.

Will nail the England left back job for years if he continues to progress.

The new man from BD, with the unprounceable name, looked all class. Mourinho has a very difficult time deciding who to cull from the squad

All he's done is a press conference and they're singing his name at a friendly with Wigan today laugh.png

Watched it live on You tube.The "loved one" never left the technical area and soaked up all the attention.

Typical pre season game,lots of sideways passing by United .If LVG was still in control they would have been booing.

Shaw looked cofident, went 100% into tackles.Having experienced the identical break I was surprised he was so full on.

The new man from BD, with the unprounceable name, looked all class. Mourinho has a very difficult time deciding who to cull from the squad

Can't really see your style of football being any better under Mourinho but it'll probably be a helluva lot more effective and well drilled.

Probably saving their pennies for the big game today.thumbsup.gif 2-0 to LFC at the moment

• Like 1

Probably saving their pennies for the big game today.thumbsup.gif 2-0 to LFC at the moment
They was charging 15 quid for united and Liverpool was only a tenner the cheeky hits.

By the way it was 7000 reds there, that was how many tickets united sold and many reds in the home section.

Was a good run out in nothing more than a training exercise.

Glad Tuanzebe got a run out near the end, the lad is a beast and will defiantly make it at united, and a future England central defender in the making.

They was charging 15 quid for united and Liverpool was only a tenner the cheeky hits.

By the way it was 7000 reds there, that was how many tickets united sold and many reds in the home section.

Was a good run out in nothing more than a training exercise.

Glad Tuanzebe got a run out near the end, the lad is a beast and will defiantly make it at united, and a future England central defender in the making.

They said 7,000 tickets had been sold to United fans pre game and then the commentary team said there were 5,500 red fans,take your pick

Apart from being a self centered, full of his own importance, big head he doesn't even know he won't be playing in Manchester, never mind being the "God of Manchester"

Zlatan Ibrahimovic responds to Eric Cantona, saying he'll "be God of Manchester"

Zlatan Ibrahimovic says he will be the 'God of Manchester' after responding to Eric Cantona's welcome message.

Cantona, who was nicknamed 'The King' during his time at Manchester United, claimed Ibrahimovic could become a prince at Old Trafford after joining the club on a free transfer earlier this month.

However, the Swedish striker was not happy with that assessment and responded as only he can

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10505142/zlatan-ibrahimovic-responds-to-eric-cantona-saying-hell-be-god-of-manchester

Apart from being a self centered, full of his own importance, big head he doesn't even know he won't be playing in Manchester, never mind being the "God of Manchester"

Zlatan Ibrahimovic responds to Eric Cantona, saying he'll "be God of Manchester"

Zlatan Ibrahimovic says he will be the 'God of Manchester' after responding to Eric Cantona's welcome message.

Cantona, who was nicknamed 'The King' during his time at Manchester United, claimed Ibrahimovic could become a prince at Old Trafford after joining the club on a free transfer earlier this month.

However, the Swedish striker was not happy with that assessment and responded as only he can

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10505142/zlatan-ibrahimovic-responds-to-eric-cantona-saying-hell-be-god-of-manchester

Yes the battle of the ego's!!

United posters won't like this but the way i see it Cantona's a complete and utter cock the way he dissed Deschamps. And a fool for doing it too because he obviously forgot about the silverware Deschamps won over his career which makes cantina's look laughable.

Ibrahimovic has never come across that well either to me but he's a helluva good signing for United whichever way you look about it. The problem ahead might be if he makes an immediate impact and tales all the attention away from Mourinho. Thats comedy in the making.

I reckon Shaw coming back will also have a big impact for United and i wish the lad well after such a long horrible lay off.

Yes the battle of the ego's!!

United posters won't like this but the way i see it Cantona's a complete and utter cock the way he dissed Deschamps. And a fool for doing it too because he obviously forgot about the silverware Deschamps won over his career which makes cantina's look laughable.

Ibrahimovic has never come across that well either to me but he's a helluva good signing for United whichever way you look about it. The problem ahead might be if he makes an immediate impact and tales all the attention away from Mourinho. Thats comedy in the making.

I reckon Shaw coming back will also have a big impact for United and i wish the lad well after such a long horrible lay off.

I am sorry many dont understand Cantona's sense of humour.After ending his career,far too early, he went into acting and is still in the same profession.

Word from England 30 mins ago is that Pogba has agreed personal terms and the deal will be concluded with Juventus getting telephone numbers.

United is now a huge marketing machine and apparently the cost is irrelevant but its not much more than RM paid for Bale.

Renovations are underway in the dressing room with doorways being widened to get Mou and Ibrahimovic's heads through.

That should end the buying now its matter of who will leave.Quite a few I would imagine

• Like 2

Martial not very impressed by all accountsbiggrin.png

"Manchester United gave Zlatan Ibrahimovic the #9 shirt without informing Anthony Martial that they were taking it away from him !.... All Martial's social media brands him as a number 9 and he’d been pushing his own AM9 brand, with a logo made. It’s the theme for his website, and he probably felt that with his status at the club that his number would be his for as long as he wanted it. RMC say it shows Martial is ‘struggling to accept’ what’s happened."

Zlatan gets whatever he wants and pisses off a team mate in the process, without even playing a game! Looks like Maureen is no longer the boss?clap2.gif

Martial not very impressed by all accountsbiggrin.png

"Manchester United gave Zlatan Ibrahimovic the #9 shirt without informing Anthony Martial that they were taking it away from him !.... All Martial's social media brands him as a number 9 and he’d been pushing his own AM9 brand, with a logo made. It’s the theme for his website, and he probably felt that with his status at the club that his number would be his for as long as he wanted it. RMC say it shows Martial is ‘struggling to accept’ what’s happened."

Zlatan gets whatever he wants and pisses off a team mate in the process, without even playing a game! Looks like Maureen is no longer the boss?clap2.gif

Sounds like all too many egos at play here. Atleast the managers a down to earth level headed sort of a fella! Sure he'll sort it out...........and give Zlatan exactly what he wants.....

• Like 1

Pogba's agent is all that is wrong with modern day football they are scum.

This is what Fergie wrote in his book about him years ago.

Those blaming Fergie for Pogba leaving, this <deleted> is the man responsible and now wants his big payday.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1110661212342392&id=100001955704523&set=gm.1747915245494038&source=48&ref=bookmarks

• Like 2

At the time Fergie went to Pogbas home to talk to him and his family about his decision to leave United and he states in his book that he could see he was wasting his time as the agent had already convinced them that what he was doing was the right thing for Pogba...............of course failing to mention how much money he could make for himself.

Now the greedy barsteward wants a 25 million payoff.

Good player that he is and what he could develop into in the future I hope United walk away from the deal,Fergie had many agents contact him through the years offering players but he was only interested in the ones wanting to play solely for United not being touted around other top clubs for a big pay off.

I would love to know Fergies opinion on this current scenario...whistling.gif

• Like 1

Pogba's agent is all that is wrong with modern day football they are scum.

This is what Fergie wrote in his book about him years ago.

Those blaming Fergie for Pogba leaving, this <deleted> is the man responsible and now wants his big payday.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1110661212342392&id=100001955704523&set=gm.1747915245494038&source=48&ref=bookmarks

Rumors the agents getting 18m out of it Nev. &lt;deleted&gt; outrageous.